Been on the wet shaving game since 2009. So much better than cartridge razors. I have my consumable costs down to less than $10 a year to shave.
The setup I've had for about five years is a well used Vulfix Super Badger brush that I've used since I started. Razor is a Merkur 23c. Blades are Voskhod, soap is Arko, and round it out with Lucky Tiger after shave.

I bought a few double edge razors and blades (Muhle and Merkur) and a fancy stand and bowl but laziness prevails, now I just use a Gillette fusion, Geo F Trumpers in the plastic tub, and a Muhle medium size badger hair brush I got ages ago as a gift with a plastic stand to dry it out after use - works great for me and I don’t have to worry about any of it - maybe someday I’ll go back to the double edge razors but always got cuts from them

I haven't shaved since I was discharged from the hospital back around January 1st.

Before that I used a straight razor, soap, and water.

My wife says when I wear my. 35 year old "Cubs Tee Shirt" that I could pass for a homeless dude.

Maybe a trim before Turkey Day. Who knows.

Took the plunge after becoming beyond fed-up with my old M3 Power from 2002. The ingrown hairs are just too much on my neck and it is horrible to walk around with these boils that look like I am 14 years old, rubbing pepperoni on my skin.

Bought a Henson AL13 (https://hensonshaving.com/collections/henson-razors) which intrigued me due to the nerdy aerospace connection, and precision they claimed. So far I am extremely impressed with it! The shop I bought it from mentioned various rigidities of razor blades that I might want to dabble with, though I have no benchmark information to start from there... we will see how this goes!

Military basic training: You have 1 minute, a single edge disposable razor, and a can of Barbasol. And a roll of toilet paper. Get er’ done.

Took the plunge after becoming beyond fed-up with my old M3 Power from 2002. The ingrown hairs are just too much on my neck and it is horrible to walk around with these boils that look like I am 14 years old, rubbing pepperoni on my skin.

Bought a Henson AL13 (https://hensonshaving.com/collections/henson-razors) which intrigued me due to the nerdy aerospace connection, and precision they claimed. So far I am extremely impressed with it! The shop I bought it from mentioned various rigidities of razor blades that I might want to dabble with, though I have no benchmark information to start from there... we will see how this goes!
I got the same razor for Christmas (at my request!). The idea just made so much SENSE I had to try it! So far, I've been pretty pleased, but I've learned already that a "so-so blade doesn't do it justice. I recommend this shaving site (www.badgerandblade.com) where they have a thread devoted just to Henson! Good luck and keep us posted on your results! PS, IMO, the RK blades that came with the razor aren't worth a darn.....I recommend you try some different brands until you find the right one for YOU!

Back