What’s going on in this video of Jordan Spieth?

I thought he was upset about the turf.

I have never seen anything like this before. Is he doing that to hit shots out of divots?

No idea, but if Bryson did it, it would be like he was a puppy murderer.

and he hates old people.

It would be way worse than puppy murder. Maybe all the puppies.

Maybe testing bounce or grind with turf interaction

maybe for divot practice....who knows?

I hate this range. What do you think Michael?

I hate it too, boss!

Maybe the lie angle machine was broken.

Greller gets in on it too. Strange!

I’m sorry but I don’t care what science if any is going behind this, but there is no way anyone could justify this to me :LOL: I love speith, but he overthinks everything way to much.

Nothing to see here…..just taking a few Texas size beaver pellets from CA home w/ him.

Getting rid of some frustration maybe?

I understand we get frustrated, but that just crosses the line a bit for me. I love Spieth, but he needs to do a bit better. Now let me hop off my high horse real quick. I really don't care anymore because celebrities are not people I should look up to anyways.

Turf testing. Just got carried away????

Gotta be a drill of some sort?

He’s proving his wedge and shaft can really stand up to a beating. He’s practicing smashing them during his round

not if greller is doing it too
I did some reading and it sounds like the top level of sod was very hard and should have been watered. It's reported that several pros did this to get rid of the hard sod so not to injure themselves. Apparently when they took a normal shot the club was sticking into the hard sod and not tossing a divot as normal. By clearing the hard sod they could put the ball on the edge of the sod and swing down into the under layer in front that they created by removing the turf. Not sure if this is 100% true but read it a few places and saw pictures of other pros doing the exact same thing.

I believe the apt technical term for this ....Turf lnteraction.........

😀

‘ See to build a good stance you need a foundation ,,, and this is where we excavate for the reo and concrete for that ‘

👍

I was trippong out when i saw that. Like wtf...strange. figured he was upset at something.

I figured it was to 1 practice out of divots or 2 create some divots to hit around and free up the tough grass.

Back