What 4 clubs are on your “personal” Mt. Rushmore…???

jpgolf

“JP”
Reaction score
Handicap
What 4 clubs do you put on YOUR “personal” Mt. Rushmore of equipment…?

My personal “club” Mt. Rushmore would have to have 1) my Big Bertha 7 hybrid (from around 2015) …. 2) a Callaway X-Hot 3 wood (such a great club for me back in the day)… 3) my Callaway Squareway 7 wood… got my only HIO using it… and 4) my “old school” PING Anser putter. What a classic shape!

Titlest 975D
Callaway epic flash subzero
Cobra speedzone 4i
Cleveland RTX4

Driver: R9
Fairway: 2007 Burner TP (epic sub zero is like 1B)
Irons: 2014 Apex Pros
Wedges: Bridgestone J40’s

Adams Idea Pro Golf Hybrid
Wilson Staff Tour V6 irons
Seemore FGP
Callaway Mavrik Driver

Those are my 4 favorite clubs I've played.

G10 with Pershing
2003 RAC LT
TEE CB1
Golfsmith Forged Cavity Backs (original)

Honorable mentions to Adams PNT, 4060 and TM 580XD TP

Scotty Cameron NP2
Vokey wedges
Hogan Edge irons

And the last addition is #7 Odysseys
Everything else just kinda comes and goes.

driver: bridgestone j815
fairway: taylormade r5 dual
irons: callaway apex cf16
wedges: callaway jaws md5 raw

Taylormade 07 Burner TP Driver
Cobra F6 Baffler fw
Cleveland CBX
Odyssey White Hot Rossi

Those are my favorite clubs I've used. Each one was such a huge jump from my previous club.

Cleveland DST
Adams 3,4,5 hybrids

PING i20 irons
Callaway Apex UW
Edel EAS 1.0
Callaway 816 3W

Golfsmith Persimmon driver (pictured)
Acushnet Bullseye putter
Spalding Tour Edition irons
Adams a2os 4 hybrid

Attachments

• IMG_0840.jpeg
    IMG_0840.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 4
Cleveland Launcher 460 Driver - was just silly how much of a jump in distance back then
Adams iWood hybrid - first Hybrid I owned and had a steep upper shaft and graphite lower - was the first Hybrid I owned and made me a believer
Odyssey White Hot #1 putter - (from early 2000s) - was the first insert putter I really liked and made me a believer in inserts
Callaway PM Grind Lob Wedge - love how much you can open the face and the heel-to-toe grooves just made sense

Adam’s 9015d
Anser
Mizuno MP5s
Macgregor NVG 3 wood

Adams 9015D - Rocket for me in my younger days. ( the FY-brid FW's from that line up were great, too)
Xhot 3 wood with OG Blueboard 70. Best 3 wood I ever had and was in the bag until about 3 years ago. Long, great sound and feel
Adams A4 Forged - Played my some of my best golf with these. Have a mint 5-PW set in the garage awaiting future reshaft.
Cally Forged wedges and the '19 PM Grinds

Last edited:
Driver: Callaway Epic Flash
Irons: Edel Pro SMS
Wedge: Vokey SM7
Putter: Cameron Newport Mid Slant

Hotmelted OG Sim Driver 9* with a Tour AD PT 6X shaft (currently in the bag)
Hotmelted Callaway FT-i Squareway 3 Wood with an old Fuji shaft (just made its way back into the bag)
2016 M2 Deep Face 3 Wood with an Diamana W 80x (on the bench for now)
Grandista McQueen GSS Putter (essentially a Tiger copy I really should not have sold)

Man it’s way to early in my actually taking golf seriously enough to have a Mount Rushmore but I’ll give it a go. This is definitely subject to change.

1. Cobra King Tec 2 hybrid
2. Odyssey Ai-One 7
3. Cobra King Tec Irons
4. Spalding Oversize PW (I hit my hole in one with it)

1707321516002.png

Washington - Birth - Cleveland 588 wedges. These were the first clubs that I actually researched and got to fit a need in the bag. Being a club ho followed. Also fantastic wedge
Jefferson - Growth - Cobra Cu Forged Tec. These opened my eyes to actually trying different things. I still use the 4i with a graphite shaft in it. These helped really transform my iron game.
Roosevelt - Development - Cobra Radspeed XB. This driver helped me to get my off the tee game under control. I could go after drives and keep them in play. I have gotten better instruction and this driver still is a problem for my opponents.
Lincoln - Preservation - Custom Byron Morgan putter - My only truly custom club. It does not get a lot of use currently but it is a keepsake that shows me that I can have a little flair out there and make the game my own.

Callaway X-16 pro series irons
Mizuno TMP 2 putter
KZG CH-II fairway woods
Vokey 200 series wedges

With "personal" in the question, I'm thinking personally owned?

First real 460cc driver was Adams Insight BTY (gave it to a buddy who still has it but he told me it developed a rattle)
Cleveland Mashie 4 Hybrid (only THP outing I've played in was a casual Ohio golfers in Springfield, I stuck a par 3 from like 216 to about 5 feet. For a brief time really impressed my playing partners. My son has it now)
Cleveland CG14's with Zip Grooves. I had a 54 & 58 with DG Spinner shafts. (First time I really ripped some shots with backspin. Traded these to another buddy. Bad decision.)
Odyssey White Hot #7 (I still have this one but replaced it with a StrokeLab model a couple years ago.)

TaylorMade Ti Bubble 2 (driver) 10.5 (my first non-persimmon driver)
Cobra Bio Cell (driver; lime green) 9.0 (straightest, most consistent driver I've ever owned; absolute confidence)
Ping Eye 2 BeCu (irons) (first "real" set of irons I gamed; could likely still game them today)
Nickent 56 degree wedge (gunmetal) (became as close to "point & shoot" as any club I've ever gamed)

Ping My Day putter that was in my bag for at least ten years.
Odyssey 2 ball blade that was in my bag for at least 15 years.
Callaway X14 Pro Series irons that were in my bag for at least 12 years.
Ping G400max 9* driver in my bag now.

Cleveland Launcher 460 Driver - was just silly how much of a jump in distance back then
Adams iWood hybrid - first Hybrid I owned and had a steep upper shaft and graphite lower - was the first Hybrid I owned and made me a believer
Odyssey White Hot #1 putter - (from early 2000s) - was the first insert putter I really liked and made me a believer in inserts
Callaway PM Grind Lob Wedge - love how much you can open the face and the heel-to-toe grooves just made sense
great call on the Cleveland launcher 460. was a HUGE step up in distance and forgiveness over my Titleist driver at the time.

Can i just be the guy who points out that no club was ever officially named the 9015D, unless you bought the prototype off the tour van....What you played was called the Adams A4 Tech.

But nevertheless

1) Adams A4 Tech
2) Callaway DOT
3) Ping I5 irons
4) Never Compromise Voodoo

Back