Nothing at the moment but.

1FF217E7-0DE2-4481-87C5-1985119D5BA9.jpeg

Finally wore out the Stealth 2.0 58*

New 3.0 58* & Recoil Proto Wedge

Attachments

• 20210814_105056.jpg
    20210814_105056.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 16
I am afraid I am headed down a deep hole of club building.. just ordered a swing weight scale and some tip weights..

I’m 1000% planning to build a few short driver setups for my Max LS. Planning to trim an AD IZ shaft and a Ventus Black.

I also have some MMT shafts that need a home. I may put them in some Honma iron heads I’ve had for a while now.

Put a Srixon tip on a VA Raijin Black to compare to the Tour AD HD, hoping to bring the launch down a hair.

Building up a Callaway Epic Speed with Velocity at 43.5 inches.
And building a new Cobra RadSpeed with custom LINQ proto at 45"

Took the Mizuno T-22 60 degree apart and switched the shaft. Want to try something a little different for that specific wedge.

Last edited:
Just pulled the heads off a set of Honma TW-X for reshafting. Going with flighted PX 7.0 shafts, BB&F ferrules, and Z-Grips. Already built a 7-iron this way and so far loving the combo.

Also going to be building/testing a DG X7 shaft in my Blueprint 7-iron, as well as building a "frankenwedge" with a CBX Fullface 64* head. Going to use an old driver shaft to go short/lightweight to see if I can get a fun <50 yd. chipping club.

20210816_160429.jpg

Building up a Callaway Epic Speed with Velocity at 43.5 inches.
And building a new Cobra RadSpeed with custom LINQ proto at 45"

Is it difficult to keep the swingweight up with a build at this length? Seems like it would take about ~25 grams of extra weight to stay around the stock swingweight. I'm curious if/how you're building around this.

Is it difficult to keep the swingweight up with a build at this length? Seems like it would take about ~25 grams of extra weight to stay around the stock swingweight. I'm curious if/how you're building around this.
It can be a challenge, custom weights or hot melt help. I’m not all that sensitive to swing weight however in this spot in my bag however

I hurt just reading this.....:D

It's actually my first time really using PX rifle shafts, and they seem suprisingly smooth (IMO). I also typically use Prosoft foam inserts with any steel shafts, which seem to help cut down on vibrations. Now the grips definitely chew up my hands, but so far nothing can beat the "connectedness" I have with a firm grip that doesn't slip, and Z-Grips are still the best I've tried with those characteristics.

It can be a challenge, custom weights or hot melt help. I’m not all that sensitive to swing weight however in this spot in my bag however

Ah yeah if you're not too picky about SW then that definitely helps. I'm honestly not sure if I could tell the difference between D0 and D5 if I was blindfolded. Any time I've made swings with clubs around that should feel low on SW, they've never really felt much different to me (except for wedges). I still usually get the weight up to my usual SWs, but mostly just for peace of mind.

20210817_211704.jpg

Need to know.

20210818_004342.jpg

Ready to go!

Will be my first build, but putting together a MMT 60x for my Radspeed XB.

one option is poly cushion stuffing(for cushions) Drill a ca 1/8 inch hole in bottom of metal wood,
Weigh stuffing ,exactly grams you want add, push it through the hole. Closeup hole with the plastic
that we used to use for old Big Bertha shaft(bore thru), Cant remember what that was called.

Advantage of poly stuffing is that it is so springy, it will spread evenly throughout the metal head, rather than big lumps on the bottom and being poly wont absorb moisture as other stuffing material may. Ive used it to add weight in hollow iron heads as well as metal woods.

Last edited:
one option is poly cushion stuffing(for cushions) Drill a ca 1/8 inch hole in bottom of metal wood,
Weigh stuffing ,exactly grams you want add, push it through the hole. Closeup hole with the plastic
that we used to use for old Big Bertha shaft(bore thru), Cant remember what that was called.

Advantage of poly stuffing is that it is so springy, it will spread evenly throughout the metal head, rather than big lumps on the bottom and being poly wont absorb moisture as other stuffing material may. Ive used it to add weight in hollow iron heads as well as metal woods.

That's interesting! Does it affect the impact sound of the head when you've used it? I've heard some people use hotmelt to that effect for Ping drivers.

Love the Adams CBI irons.G-4 iron(Odd 5 iron Titleist ) Built 3-4 years ago, sourced heads on ebay, Xi 100 gram Nunchuk shafts, Taylor made(Winn Dri Tech grips in 2021) bent to zero offset, D2, 3 deg flat

When you bent them to zero offset, how much loft did you have to add? Any issues at all with the increased bounce?

That's interesting! Does it affect the impact sound of the head when you've used it? I've heard some people use hotmelt to that effect for Ping drivers.
too cheap to buy extra weights for Titleist 915 driver, 3w, so used weights I had and stuffed both with poly stuffing(from Walmart). It mutes the sound, almost as if a silencer on a barrel of a gun. I prefer the muted to high pitch.

When you bent them to zero offset, how much loft did you have to add? Any issues at all with the increased bounce?
Adams CMB have very little offset, relatively little bounce; so I use a sharp hand file if bounce is more than comfortable.
Would only do this on soft forged carbon steel irons. they bend easily and soft enough to file .
With good stout graphite shaft tips, I bend with a bending bar and butt end on the floor. You learn the limit of flexing the shaft. I have broken a couple of shafts over the years, so probably not a recommended practice.
Im a little neurotic about getting them just the way I want them and enjoy doing it.
specs including offset without the other website stuff.+ pics to show offset and bounce after bending

RE loft
Loft is increased when bent to remove offset. More or less equally down the line, I would say a little closer to old school lofts.

Attachments

• adams cbi irons.pdf
    73.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 6 iron cbi after bending.pdf
    714 KB · Views: 6
  • 6 iron cbi final bounce.pdf
    792.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 6 iron cbi reduced offset.pdf
    770.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back