What are you building? (Club style)

I'm at a loss. What irons am I building these modus3 into?!?!?! Do I take a run at some great forgiveness in CF16 or carry on with 1031?
1031 by landslide.

I've got work to do.

Can't decide whether to get the Modus 105x into New Level, or give these Apex CF16's one more shot.
Titleist tips going on regio fairway and driver shafts.
5w needs an extension and an iLine.

Good things.

New Level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does new level use tip weights in their builds or weight sorted heads? The latter could make switching them out alot easier decision.
Weight sorted.

Weight sorted.

that's what i thought. so modus 105x = 112g pre build. S taper S+ = 125g pre build. Not a big difference but I know how much Dan loves tip weights

that's what i thought. so modus 105x = 112g pre build. S taper S+ = 125g pre build. Not a big difference but I know how much Dan loves tip weights
They also didn't have S tapers in them originally.

My statement hinges on the fact that the CF16 did not work well for him at all, but the 1031 have pretty marvelously from what I saw in person in Orlando.

I'm not good enough to realize the difference lol - especially when you put a dollar bill in my hand and tell me that's one gram.

My statement hinges on the fact that the CF16 did not work well for him at all, but the 1031 have pretty marvelously from what I saw in person in Orlando.

I'm not good enough to realize the difference lol - especially when you put a dollar bill in my hand and tell me that's one gram.

oh i fully expect the NL irons to get the reshaft. Seems like, just as you mentioned, he's going HAM with them in the bag.

Yeah, I think that would be the fairest assessment, as they have been my gamers for a while.

Also going half inch long, per some great chats this week in Cali. I've been playing stock lengths for way too long despite fittings suggesting otherwise.

Matrix 4Q3 Red Tie curing with a Callaway tip, swingweight with GBB Epic head measured at around D2 45.5"

always wanted to try the 4Q3 version as I am already familiar with the 6Q3, never got around to it until now

When doing a fitting at Golfworks during my class there, I was striking a 38.5" 7 iron so well and when I looked back at the last time I was there in July, I was striking it dead center as well.

Debating whether to add an extension to my current set or to soft step them and take my 6 iron shaft and put them into my 7 and buy a new shaft for my 4 iron (would trim it like a 3 iron to maintain same feel).

I don't think making the shaft a little softer will affect me much. I've messed around going back and forth with a modus 120X and 120S at work and haven't seen much if any difference in numbers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Putting a new set of irons together. First time, other than a handful of rounds this past spring, since 2005ish that the Wishons won't be in the bag. Going with a Dynacraft GI iron. Stuck a set of DGold S300's in them for now.

I think I'm going to reshaft the Wishons with the Project X LZ 6.0's that I just picked up and hit them head to head and see which I want to go with (or if maybe I want to move the PXLZ to the Dynacraft heads.

Attachments

• PMB.JPG
    PMB.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 0
Club work completed (for now).

Titleist tips on Regio driver and fairway.
Titleist tip on Fuel hybrid shaft (for funsies)
5w extended an inch.

Irons getting done later in the week. Wedges are on hold while I ponder some new ones.

Soon to be a 585 and 785. Identical Aldila NV 65-S shafts. Same SW, same length, same grip.

My golf galaxy location is moving and combining with a dicks to make a superstore. My new club tech area is easily 4 times as big and I walked in to tons of boxes of all new equipment. I was like a kid in a candy store!

The best part is, I'm the only club tech so I get to put everything wherever I want! :)

This is the basic layout before we drill everything down and put in the gripping station and loft/like machine. The cabinets and drawers are filled with all kinds of epoxy, drill bits, etc. Everything I'll ever need and then some!

Finally have a frequency analyzer. In the first photo, that fitting bay is a trackman. I cannot wait to get back to work and have everything mounted.
5a4a8cae4089b777c2cf3e6803ed5f43.jpg
276dfcfe1138fd608e5f3005d95da018.jpg
d867fe998c41981a37a1a4522375b2cc.jpg
1842ce01e2b5d5a2c1c9f1cbb0e10ab2.jpg

ended the midsize+5 experiment with the wedges, it was a total disaster

re-gripped with Z5 Tour Tapers

What are you building? (Club style)

My golf galaxy location is moving and combining with a dicks to make a superstore. My new club tech area is easily 4 times as big and I walked in to tons of boxes of all new equipment. I was like a kid in a candy store!

The best part is, I'm the only club tech so I get to put everything wherever I want!

This is the basic layout before we drill everything down and put in the gripping station and loft/like machine. The cabinets and drawers are filled with all kinds of epoxy, drill bits, etc. Everything I'll ever need and then some!

Finally have a frequency analyzer. In the first photo, that fitting bay is a trackman. I cannot wait to get back to work and have everything mounted.
5a4a8cae4089b777c2cf3e6803ed5f43.jpg
276dfcfe1138fd608e5f3005d95da018.jpg
d867fe998c41981a37a1a4522375b2cc.jpg
1842ce01e2b5d5a2c1c9f1cbb0e10ab2.jpg

So awesome. I see the Maltby swing weight scale there.
Love that scale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stuff that I wish was standardized:

club measuring
insertion depth
bbgm

Adams Pro Mini 18°, Matrix HX3 White Tie, Lamkin Z5 Tour Taper

playing 40.875", swingweight measured in the D5 range

5lU0Peh.jpg

Built out the 1031 irons with Modus3 105x last night.
Also put those shafts into a TMB 2 and 4 iron.
Modus 115 wedge shafts into J15 50/54 and hi-toe 58.

Hoping the cure is decent despite the cooler temps in the house. I need to see how quick i can cut and grip. May try and play this evening.

Built out the 1031 irons with Modus3 105x last night.
Also put those shafts into a TMB 2 and 4 iron.
Modus 115 wedge shafts into J15 50/54 and hi-toe 58.

Hoping the cure is decent despite the cooler temps in the house. I need to see how quick i can cut and grip. May try and play this evening.

I use a small space heater (modern with overheat protection etc), surface temp gets to 100-120F regardless of ambient temp, cuts initial cure time for standard 18-24hr epoxy by at least half

I use a small space heater (modern with overheat protection etc), surface temp gets to 100-120F regardless of ambient temp, cuts initial cure time for standard 18-24hr epoxy by at least half

that is a great idea!!!

Back