What are you building? (Club style)

Would a 12 gram heavier grip alter swing weight alot in my driver? If so about how much??

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Would a 12 gram heavier grip alter swing weight alot in my driver? If so about how much??

depending on the shaft and build length, yes.

I brought up from the garage some KZG metal woods, a driver, 3 and 5. These are the GF model with weight portals, and I am using weights to experiment with swing weight.

With some advice from @jbuck31 I managed to get it out.

Really hope I don't have to do that again. All of the others were simple. Peel back the tabs and pull out with pliers.
a34edecea534ad10935e6e6962d9d2e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Really hope I don't have to do that again. All of the others were simple. Peel back the tabs and pull out with pliers.

Good on you for getting it out, that looked ridiculous.

Adding 12 grams of grip weight will reduce the driver swing weight by 2 points, maybe a touch more than 2 points.

Adding 12 grams of grip weight will reduce the driver swing weight by 2 points, maybe a touch more than 2 points.
I just added a midsize grip of the same brand and gained 13 grams. Swingweight went from a D2 to a low D0.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I just added a midsize grip of the same brand and gained 13 grams. Swingweight went from a D2 to a low D0.

If you want D2 swing weight some lead tape on the sole of the driver will do the job.
When I switched from standard grip size to mid size I added lead tape to my driver and metal woods.
Another option is to install Winn Dri Tac or Dri Tac Wrap mid size grips, which weight 50 grams (the same or less than most brands regular size grips).

How'd you get it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

How'd you get it?

Pointed the torch directly inside the hosel for a couple seconds to break the bond at the very bottom and that broke it loose. Before that I was heating the hosel and it wouldn't budge.

Pointed the torch directly inside the hosel for a couple seconds to break the bond at the very bottom and that broke it loose. Before that I was heating the hosel and it wouldn't budge.

pretty much what I do when a stubborn tip weight sticks

Retipping my Coool with a PING adapter so I can give it a run in the G400 Max.

Building a set of PTM Blacks with Nippon 950 Gh S. Also building a full womens set. But what I'm most interested is the new Maltby Moment X Tour putter. It's a build for a husband and wife with a few other clubs thrown in but this is the first Moment I have put together. I'll give it a little workout before I deliver them. I'll throw a Super Stroke on it.
016a194386d902ab039d0472a6773c30.jpg

Building a set of PTM Blacks with Nippon 950 Gh S. Also building a full womens set. But what I'm most interested is the new Maltby Moment X Tour putter. It's a build for a husband and wife with a few other clubs thrown in but this is the first Moment I have put together. I'll give it a little workout before I deliver them. I'll throw a Super Stroke on it.
016a194386d902ab039d0472a6773c30.jpg

I am very impressed with all of the Maltby stuff. I went down to Golfworks for training last week and a week in August. I never would have even looked at their heads but after being down there and not only trying out their stuff but talking with all the guys that designed and had input in it I really think my next set will be some Maltbys.

technically I'm not building it but it's being built by people who've actually done it for a living:

Callaway x-forged 24* UT with catalyst 100g 6.0 3i shaft soft stepped once to 4i length. I'm drooling over the possibilities with it.

I am very impressed with all of the Maltby stuff. I went down to Golfworks for training last week and a week in August. I never would have even looked at their heads but after being down there and not only trying out their stuff but talking with all the guys that designed and had input in it I really think my next set will be some Maltbys.

The Maltby stuff is so good that you are giving away money if you dont take a serious look at their offerings that suit your game.

View attachment 35213

Just got done reshafting Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54 & 60 with Steelfiber 110's to compete against my Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56 & 60's with S200's.

Elbows have been bothering me so I also picked up a set of Ping i200's with Steelfiber 95's that are at Ping right now for a loft and lie adjustment.

Since I am working out of my temporary set up, I have no power for my heat gun so I grab my blow torch to start pulling **** ass. I do not know why I didn’t start using man to pull shower soon or

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I am working out of my temporary set up, I have no power for my heat gun so I grab my blow torch to start pulling **** ass. I do not know why I didn’t start using man to pull shower soon or

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
???

PTM blacks Nippon 950 GH. KE4 TC Tour 4
Entire L Tech set. 15°driver 5w and irons.
Moment Tour Putter
All ready for delivery.
6908206c4e0949fac78313d4f2034bf8.jpg
48ed516df313d6135f8da20ebb55fb1e.jpg

I've got work to do.

Can't decide whether to get the Modus 105x into New Level, or give these Apex CF16's one more shot.
Titleist tips going on regio fairway and driver shafts.
5w needs an extension and an iLine.

Good things.

I'm at a loss. What irons am I building these modus3 into?!?!?! Do I take a run at some great forgiveness in CF16 or carry on with 1031?

Looking forward to hearing the feedback when you do get them all situated. I know it was exciting getting those shafts pulled.

Back