What are you building? (Club style)

I live in an apartment so I don’t make clubs myself but I just dropped off a 910 hybrid head, RIP alpha 85X hybrid and a white Tour Velvet Cord. I’ve had 3 wood issues over the years so the concept of this is a 3 wood replacement hybrid. It’s a 17* head and it’s being put in at the lowest loft so it’ll be about 16.25* and 41”. I did also grab a Cobra F8+ 3 wood with a Hzrdus Red 75X off of eBay for $169 a couple of days ago so hopefully I’ll be hitting that like a champ, but if not I'll have a strong hybrid to go in and be longer than my 3 iron.

I've never been the biggest fan of 3 woods and have pondered the thought of a stronger lofted hybrid as a replacement. I'll be following along to see how it works out for you!

I’ve officially hit peak golf withdrawal and have started reshafting, re weighting, re gripping, and re painting a bunch of my putters...

I really need spring.

I am working on a set of Pinhawk single length irons to try out this summer. I am looking forward to seeing how these work, if at all. My wrist to floor indicates I should play 8 iron length. Now waiting for some warm weather.

I am working on a set of Pinhawk single length irons to try out this summer. I am looking forward to seeing how these work, if at all. My wrist to floor indicates I should play 8 iron length. Now waiting for some warm weather.
The Pinhawks are quality heads. I just couldn't get along with the SL concept.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Giving this little guy a try in the rogue SZ 3 wood. Very curious about it.

420c27d96b579fcfaa4fdd0557af6523.jpg

Also building the Rogue MAX 85x into a 5w shaft. Going to be some fun testing days ahead

I've got three shafts curing on my bench right now. A Diamana DF 60X, an Aldila X torsion Green Mamba 60TX, and an Aldila Rogue Silver 130 TX.

Anyone got any good, cheap supplier for Cobra F8 driver and fairway adapters?

got my bombtech driving irons epoxied and speed curing with some nippon 1150gh tour hard stepped 1x

Anyone got any good, cheap supplier for Cobra F8 driver and fairway adapters?

billybobsgolf has the factory myfly8 .335/.370 driver sleeves for $27.50 and .335/.370 aftermarket sleeves for $19
golfworks has the factory myfly8 .335 fairway sleeves for $25

the .335 sleeves are all the same thing, just may be labelled differently, search Cobra on each site

another way to get sleeves for cheap is to find a shaft you want to try out with the adaptor already on it

got my bombtech driving irons epoxied and speed curing with some nippon 1150gh tour hard stepped 1x

billybobsgolf has the factory myfly8 .335/.370 driver sleeves for $27.50 and .335/.370 aftermarket sleeves for $19
golfworks has the factory myfly8 .335 fairway sleeves for $25

the .335 sleeves are all the same thing, just may be labelled differently, search Cobra on each site

another way to get sleeves for cheap is to find a shaft you want to try out with the adaptor already on it
What would the issue be if I put an 8-11 adapter on a 9-12 driver? Would the actual loft just be 1 more than the sleeve shows?

What would the issue be if I put an 8-11 adapter on a 9-12 driver? Would the actual loft just be 1 more than the sleeve shows?

the actual "loft" would be exactly the same, just the printed number would be off.
presumably this is one reason why Cobra went to a more standard +1-1 etc with the F9 release

the actual "loft" would be exactly the same, just the printed number would be off.
presumably this is one reason why Cobra went to a more standard +1-1 etc with the F9 release
So, if I put an 8-11 sleeve in a 9-12 head, set the sleeve to 10, the effective loft of the club would be...

???

Sorry, I'm not trying to be difficult, but this is my first experience with Cobra and I wanna make sure I don't screw my kid's game up.

So, if I put an 8-11 sleeve in a 9-12 head, set the sleeve to 10, the effective loft of the club would be...

???

Sorry, I'm not trying to be difficult, but this is my first experience with Cobra and I wanna make sure I don't screw my kid's game up.

eleven

Been wondering why I’ve been having issues with my 54* and found out today why. It’s +1” over std. need to get that regripped and cut asap

02a12d2d7dfe97ba26b097453af00210.jpg

Re-built my F9 5i last night. Shouldn't have that epoxy issue again.

Re-built my F9 5i last night. Shouldn't have that epoxy issue again.

yeah that was a different kind of reverse pivot.

Building a driver for a friend of mine. My ferrules should be delivered today so hopefully I'll have it done tonight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Turned out nice! Launcher HB driver with a Matrix Black Tie 60M4 stiff, tipped 1/2", D2 swingweight.
09283d1cd1bf75ac5c790656b29cc4d2.jpg
c666c0e0c3d12bfcbddf4505b17bbd4a.jpg
e3801f6bbe761660cdb9937829103179.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CB Pro f2 17.5 5w / Fujikura Speeder Evolution 757x blue. Tipped 1.5in @ 298cpm. Very high launch...not quite ballooning out, landing soft... point n shoot. EX10b benched

What is the best way to get old epoxy off graphite shaft pulls?

I'm jumping in the shallow end feet first with a grip change. I assembled a single club years ago, but that was as far as it went. With no one within 45 mins to do club work and my proclivity to tinker, why not a little DIY work?

Setting up a GD Tour AD BB 7X for my Cobra F9 3W.

Back