What are you building? (Club style)

Trying to build a new driver set up. Have 917 head and a few shafts. Ordered with the Diamana 60 S+ X stiff. Believe the Stiff would fit me better but I was worried about the high torque rating. Looking to pick one up and give it a try. Anybody got an extra laying around?

Looks like Apex CF16 + Fujikura MCI + Golf Pide Align MCC +4

Once I get home I will be building a U45 with recoil 110 and red S-tech. Later this week should be doing the 765's up the same way!

First attempt at club building other than a putter is complete. I think the combo looks incredible, and can't wait to try it out.

7de8dee572b484e091db5c1aa5d8bfc1.jpg

First attempt at club building other than a putter is complete. I think the combo looks incredible, and can't wait to try it out.

7de8dee572b484e091db5c1aa5d8bfc1.jpg

Those look incredible!

Man, now that I feel like I have some beginners kinks worked out, this might get dangerous.

So question for the club builders out there.

When I regripped my irons, I gained a SW point somehow. Not a huge deal, but if I want to get back to D4, what's the best way to add back-weight? Lead tape under the grip tape? I'm hesitant to put any tape on the inside of the shaft.

Put this together for fun as I got the head for 10 bucks. Threw in the shaft and I am surprisingly enjoying the combination

1adfd6c8d5454d1f3d76eceac9e1c3d7.jpg

5e9c229947201c304330259d722e6bba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tipping a 5.5 hzrdus red and adding a Callaway adapter to try and get the SZ dialed in.

Adding a black shaft to my Cleveland 2135, nothing crazy but it'll look sweeeeet!

Debating the move to recoil again.

I tip prepped and cut to length the set of 110 F5 I've been hoarding, and I still have the Align grips sitting.....so hard to pull the trigger on the build though with how well I'm playing.

Just because I enjoyed messing around with the 6 iron I built
e8adbe6fd9b2f9925b61dd449c03a40a.jpg

JGR is getting cut down to 44" tonight in anticipation of my marathon golf day Wednesday. Going to lead tape it for now, but will probably look for some weights to offset the trimming if it ends up working out.

So question for the club builders out there.

When I regripped my irons, I gained a SW point somehow. Not a huge deal, but if I want to get back to D4, what's the best way to add back-weight? Lead tape under the grip tape? I'm hesitant to put any tape on the inside of the shaft.
Go back to a lighter grip.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JGR is getting cut down to 44" tonight in anticipation of my marathon golf day Wednesday. Going to lead tape it for now, but will probably look for some weights to offset the trimming if it ends up working out.

Not sure weights are gonna cut it. Lol

22827c20ab9871a2580952c2694d5d18.jpg

Got it to a D1-2ish

Not sure weights are gonna cut it. Lol

22827c20ab9871a2580952c2694d5d18.jpg

Got it to a D1-2ish

Not too bad. I've played back and forth with cutting down shafts anywhere from 43 1/2 to 44 1/2" in the last year or so. I've settled at 44 1/4, and just choke down a little when I need a little extra control. D3 seems to be about where I like the swingweight.

I need to get off my butt and buy a shaft puller already. Pull the Recoils from my Altitudes, and then transfer them into my C200s.

I have a hard time paying a mediocre shop to pull shafts for me.

I need to get off my butt and buy a shaft puller already. Pull the Recoils from my Altitudes, and then transfer them into my C200s.

I have a hard time paying a mediocre shop to pull shafts for me.

wait for GolfWorks to put their "Enhanced" spring-loaded shaft puller on sale, mine is worth every penny

THCE shaft has been pulled from the TM adapter and installed into an Opti-Fit adapter.....

THCE shaft has been pulled from the TM adapter and installed into an Opti-Fit adapter.....
How low is the temperature going???

How low is the temperature going???
Hahahaha, avg of 4mph of ball speed and 10 yards carry made it happen. I can own it, #'s don't lie!

Hahahaha, avg of 4mph of ball speed and 10 yards carry made it happen. I can own it, #'s don't lie!

That's kind of a disgusting improvement. I thought we were maxed out? :alien:

At some point, I'll get around to installing this gorgeous Recoil 110 F4 into my RTX-3 50CB...

Building a 48" long tom

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Back