What Are You Listening To?

Ready to switch into summer music. Pool was opened this weekend last year... Ohio is almost done with 3rd Winter...

Had a heavy metal outbreak last weekend. Surprised the neighbors didn't complain.

Grooving to Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats station on Pandora. Pandora works for me, I don't like putting to much effort into my music selections...

In general, I gravitate to the Rolling Stones, The Who, Foo Fighters, Talking Heads, Bob Marley, The Eagles, U2 Johnny Cash, David Bowie, Prince, NWA, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Cliff, and the Clash. I'm sure I missed some - sort of older rock but still an eclectic mix.

Right now, Jimi Hendrix blues album. When I get into the car, The Sword, Warp Riders. While I'm walking the dog, Earthless, not sure which album.

Rise Against, "the Numbers."

~Rock

I've recently started using the shuffle play feature in my car. Generally, when I listen to a band, I'll listen to entire albums all the way through. I've always been like that. The last couple of weeks, though, I've been doing the shuffle thing. It's been kind of fun, like having a radio station that only plays bands I like. Last week was all rock and metal bands. This week is prog bands.

I have most of my CD collection on thumb drives, sorted by genre; rock, prog, classical, jazz, and miscellaneous. So, I just select a genre, plug it in, and let it play.

My top 3 artists make up 75% of my listening

1. Bob Dylan: Rolling Thunder era right now
2. Led Zeppelin: absolutely everything
3. Beatles

My beach mix - we booked our first vacation for a beach trip next year (first in several years) !

Alan Jackson Radio on SiriusXM.

For the past couple of years, it's been smooth jazz kind of stuff... and trance techno. Calm-ish music that can play in the background at a low volume... basically more white noise than anything else.

Then in my car, it's podcasts from THP Media... and a couple of others.

the past couple of days it's been hardstyle techno... Reverze, TomorrowLand, Qlimax, and DefQon 1... videos of those festivals. Artists like Miss K8, Anger Fist, HeadHunterz, Timmy Trombone, Brennan Heart, and some Benny Benassi, Djoly, and Nora En Pure mixed in.

I've always liked techno and I'm liking this hardstyle techno too. It's reminiscient of what I used to listen to in the 90's, 00's, 10's, etc.

Etta on a rainy day getting ready to leave for my lesson.

2C070E68-5DD7-42A4-8ECB-BFBF9CF04507.png

1625681729580.png

Entombed - Left Hand Path is on Spotify for the car today. After that on the queue:

Tumbleweed Connection - Elton John
Cowboys from Hell - Pantera
How to Measure a Planet? - The Gathering
Paegan Terrorism Tactics - Acid Bath

Yup, I go from Swedish death metal to Elton John in the step of a single track!

J cole- No role modelz
Alan Walker- Darkside.
Alan Walker. Post Control

Last edited:
Welcome to the Internet by Bo Burnham on absolute repeat. :LOL:

One of my favorite bands. Checking out there new album again. This song is so good.

If you would like an instrumental band playing a jazz/funk/rock fusion music check this out. This band is funky.

Last few for me were Alter Bridge, Against Me!, and Converge 🤟🤟

Back