What Are You Listening To?

I am probably in the rare minority as I generally only listen to sports radio. Mainly, Sirius XM fantasy sports over the summer and fall.

Since Charlie passed, a lot, a lot, of stones. Still sad.

Through the Miles household this morning in every room? Otis.

Pure bliss.

Day or Redding?
Lmao, family wouldn’t appreciate any Lampoon this early.

Love Man is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Deep Tracks on SiriusXM. Honoring the late Charlie Watts with all Rolling Stones till Labor Day.

Got into a discussion with @KingVeo one evening while we were at the Budget Golf Championship about blues guitarists. He's a big Stevie Ray Vaughan fan, and although I agree he was a great guitarist, there are a few that rank higher on my list, so we got to talking about who is the best ever. Personally I couldn't make that call, too many great guitarists to pick a #1 (Eric Clapton, BB King, Duane Allman, Derek Trucks, Joe Bonamassa, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, and so many more) . Here are a couple that would rank higher for me than SRV that @KingVeo wasn't too familiar with:

A top ten of guitarists certainly will have these axmen listed. I have Stevie Ray Vaughan as number one on my list. But my favorite guitarist is Dickey Betts. So smooth , flows like water. Blue Sky is my favorite.

DDFEDD95-60B0-4DA3-94C4-53A8C979E66B.jpeg

Lets Get Married- Jagged Edge

Mike and the Moonpies

B27500E2-6801-41EF-A80A-477A494CD695.jpeg

Moved on to some Turnpike Troubadours

My Wife bought me a new vinyl record crate for my birthday last month. Somehow, a box set showed up in there that I didn't know she had. It's a 10 record set put out by Reader's Digest in 1965 called "The Great Band Era," and features big band hits from the mid-'30s to mid-'40s. Apparently, her grandmother ordered it, but never listened to it; it's still brand new. So, I've been making my way through it in the evenings after work, and have gotten through the first seven records. Really good stuff.

Running errands today, jamming to BOSTONs-l1600-5.jpg

I had a free Audible book on Amazon so I chose Make Your Next Shot Your Best Shot by Bob Rotella. Listening to that on every car ride.

I had a free Audible book on Amazon so I chose Make Your Next Shot Your Best Shot by Bob Rotella. Listening to that on every car ride.
I’ve been listening to it, too. Great stuff.

I was in the mood for some Rage Against the Machine.

@Canadan if you like 7dust you make like these guys. Newer band out of Australia, randomly came on my feed in Spotify and the whole album is rock solid. Really nice atmosphere they create too.

@Canadan if you like 7dust you make like these guys. Newer band out of Australia, randomly came on my feed in Spotify and the whole album is rock solid. Really nice atmosphere they create too.

Thanks man, I'll check them out!

One of my favorite Monkees tunes. RIP Mike.

Back