What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

The e5 somehow felt like mush today. I switched to a Z Star eventually and got much better all around performance.

I played a ProV1x. That's the ball I was fitted for. I really like the spin and dig this ball has around the greens. Ball flight from drive is something I'm pleased with. I do read a ton about Bridgestone balls on here. Is there a ProV1x equivalent in a Bridgestone ball?

In have been playing the TP3 lately and I have been impressed with its durability but the side spin off the driver has been killing me, could very well be the idiot holding the club though. I think I am going to go back to the Srixion SL's for a couple of rounds to see if I notice any difference.

Mrs. Swinger's former co worker snagged a couple boxes of the company branded Pro V1's before she quit. She gave them to me last week. Being a 15-18 handicap, I normally don't buy expensive balls (at least not until I get my handicap closer to 10), but holy cow is that a great ball. I've always liked the feel of Titleist balls around and on the green, but the way the Pro V1 comes off the longer clubs is like butter. So smooth and pure. Shot an 86 (one of my better rounds) and had several stop and spin approaches.

Told my wife she was in trouble since I'll be wanting to spend the $50/box when these run out.

I played a ProV1x. That's the ball I was fitted for. I really like the spin and dig this ball has around the greens. Ball flight from drive is something I'm pleased with. I do read a ton about Bridgestone balls on here. Is there a ProV1x equivalent in a Bridgestone ball?

I would guess maybe the Tour B330S. But that's just a guess.

I played the new Z Star XV all weekend, and it is quite possibly the best ball I have ever put in to play.

The changes that Srixon have made with this ball have me more than impressed. The spin skin layer that have added on to this is phenomenal, and has be hitting some impressive wedge shots.

To be honest, titleist fitting is a joke. You should go to a Bridgestone live ball fitting and be refit. Fwiw, every time you get fit by titleist, you end up with prov1, or prov1x.

Bridgestone is much more thorough and fits you to the right ball for you. Not their most expensive one.

Found a 2013 ProV1 in the trees and gamed it. I was pretty happy with the performance, but after a round and a half, it was pretty beat up.

I would guess maybe the Tour B330S. But that's just a guess.

I would say the Bridgestone equivalent to the ProV1x would be the B330 or B330RX (depending on your swing speed)

The B330S/B330RXS would be more of a ProV1 equivalent

Played 2 different models this weekend. Was getting low on my stash of ZStar XVs (waiting for my shipment from Academy Sports), so bought the Hex Chrome+ for Saturday's round. Really liked this ball. If it wasn't for the fact that I really like the XVs, and just got some at a great price, the Chrome+ might be in my top spot. Anyhow, new batch of XVs arrived late Saturday afternoon, so played my usual ball on Sunday and it performed as expected, and for a lesser price.

Played the Wilson Staff Duo again today. Shot even par. Great ball for $20.00.

Played with TM burner. For the price I think it's a pretty nice ball. Would be a great ball for mid-high handicappers.

Bridgestone Lady Precept, I really like it but I do wish it would stop a little better. For the price I will play it for practice rounds and use my regular ball when playing most other times.

lately ive been playing prov1's but last weekend I decided to play the prov1x and they are right when they say it flies straighter

Bridgestone B330 Tour. Had some rain earlier today and it softened up what had been extremely hard greens so that I could control the spin much better.

Played the Wilson Staff Duo again today. Shot even par. Great ball for $20.00.

Duo is my favorite ball out there. I've been playing the Top Flight Gamer, only because they are $15 a dozen, with no complaints. However, when I start playing crappy, I switch to the Duo and swing easy until my play picks up again. It's like therapy.

Nike 20xi-s is my current ball of choice. It works great for my game. I'm going to try z-stars and Bridgestone 330's at some point when my 20xi stock runs out

A buddy I played with today was gaming the Top Flite gamers so I asked him if I could try them. I played the front 9 with the gamer, then switched back to the Snake Eyes SDF Soft Distance I've been gaming lately, and IMO the Snake Eyes ball is a better ball, and it's cheaper. I did like the Gamer fine, but the Snake Eyes ball felt softer and was quieter off the putter, which I like, and it felt softer and checked up better when chipping. On full shots and off the tee they were very similar...was happy with both for those shots.

I'll be sticking with the Snake Eyes balls until I find something I like better, and at $30/3 dozen they're hard to beat value-wise. On a side note, I wrote a review of these when I first found them on sale for $20/3 dozen (I ended up buying 9 dozen at this price) but that sale is over. As far as I can tell, the regular price is the 3 doz/$30 price.

played a round with srixon z star XV yesterday in wet conditions. this ball is absolutely amazing! i could instantly tell the reduced spin off the tee. even with the damp conditions, i was clearing the ball about 260 with a roll to about 270 yards. my average drive in a dry day is about 290 total, can't wait to see if the distance i get when it's dry. the spin control off the green isn't too shabby either. couldn't get really much backspin due to the wet greens but was able to still able to control the spin around the greens. i'll be stocking up on these for sure.

I've been swapping between prov1's and some older callaway tour balls. Tough to play anything other than the Titleists.

Buffs99

srixon z-star xv. been using this ball for a while now, and still my favorite. Like the feel of the ball, feels a little firm but in a good way. picked up another 3 dozen on amazon when they were $20 last week. I wish i had bought 5.

Got back to the good old pro v1. You simply cannot beat that feeling around the greens imho

Back