What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played 19' version of V1 on Saturday and 19' version of V1X on Sunday.
Just seemed like I got better greenside action on the V1 - Maybe I can compress the softer ball a little better.
So much fun to watch them Hop and Stop while your fellow golfers give you 💩 about it.

Played the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS today. Too hard impact feel, good distance but not for me. Siupersoft is my gamer,

I’ve been playing the Maxfli Tour lately (2019 version, in matte green — btw when I first saw one of my buddies play green Callaways I was incredulous, i.e. can you ever find that thing? The grass itself is green you dolt! But then I realized that green balls are actually very easy to pick out on the course ironically… and am now a believer). I buy them at DSG or GG where it’s usually 2 for $55.

Where do folks on here typically buy your golf balls? I’ve gotten decent used balls in the past from Lostgolfballs.com. Relatively new to the forums here and am wondering if THPers have any “hacks” or if I’m overlooking good sites or stores for balls. Thanks in advance!

I stocked up on Srixon balls when they had a buy 2 get one free sale which they seem to have a couple times per year. You can use numerous retailers for the sale, but I used the TGW website.

Took the survey on B-Stone site.. Said I was BRX and the seem to be right. I like the spin and how they react to putts and chips. I have work to do on the driver that no ball can fix. Between these and Z Stars I feel pretty good.

I subbed in a Bridgestone Tour B RX tonight. Such a fantastic ball. I use the yellow ones and I don't think there is a more durable cover out there

I am still playing the OnCore Avant55.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can honestly say that I have now learned what "Forgiveness" in a golf ball is and what it means.
Played CSXLS and ProV1X on Saturday and was really please with the results - Just behaved like I know they should.
(Boy that LS is a nice ball - Really winner for Callaway)

Decided that I need to change to White Golf balls due to the angle of the sun (I usually shift from Yellow to White around August 15 - Just too hard to find the Yellows in the morning). Put Left Dash ProV1X in to play yesterday and just struggled - coming from a Softer ProV1 that I played most of the year - I just didn't get the distance on the Irons and I certainly didn't get the short game check up on the greens that I'm used to. I then realized that I miss the "Forgiveness" that ProV1 brought to my game - Going back them starting on Tuesday....

Funny how one ball feels so good one year and not be the same the next.

Last edited:
I had been going through some swing transition over the summer, and I was losing too many golf balls. Therefore, I was using some used Pro V1 as well as On Core and Snell balls. Nothing wrong with those. Recently I switched back to my stash of Z-Star XV balls, and I realized why I like them. They fly great, and they basically stop where they land on approach shots. I'll plan to stock up more when they have another sale.

I typically play the ProV1x, but picked up several dozen Bridgestone RXS (under 100 ss). I've been switching back and forth between rounds.

I prefer the B-Stone RXS - Softer feel off the ball and putter while still getting audible feedback. V1x feels heavy in comparison and too firm.

I fall in the camp of the Chrome Soft and RXS. Both have a softer feel while launching well, maintaining distance, and feel, while checking well around the greens.

Yesterday I put the CSX LS in play for the first time.

This thing is not fazed by the wind at all and is just as straight as it gets. The iron shots into the green where great, usually just the hit and stop shots and a few spun back which I don’t do too often. It was good off the wedges, I didn’t notice an increase of spin over the B-Stone X and XS.

I feel like this ball and the B-Stone XS are going to have to fight it out to be in my bag.

Chrome Soft X yesterday and had my best score of the season

If I could have had my direction control as good as my distance control on approaches, it could have equalled my best ever score in relation to par

Only got a few left, so don't know whether to grab some more, or whether to give the Bridgestone Tour B XS a go seeing as it is slightly cheaper

In my last round, I played the ProV1X yellow again and I must say, VERY solid ball.

It spins like a mofo around the greens. I need to learn to trust it a bit more around the greens, as I keep leaving myself short when pitching/chipping. It really grabs more than the TP5X I had been messing with.

I used the Prov x left dash yesterday, it performed very well, and held up after bouncing off a cart path haha. Will be using this model next few rounds, comparing to tp5x.

more fun with the qst divide...got some pretty good greenside spin on it a few times the last round.

Played the CSX-LS TT this weekend and really enjoy this ball. Greenside spin is good too. I got a couple this weekend to check pretty good. I don't think it's quite as good as the regular CSX though in terms of green side spin, which I am okay with. I say that because I have had multiple back up on me with the regular CSX and with the CSX it either stays within a couple inches of where it first checks (high wedge shots) or it releases a foot or two, which is fine.

Split time today. Front 9 played Srixon Z Star. Back 9 played a ProV1. Both are great balls and responded as I’d expect. For some reason I find the ProV1 to be extremely consistent. I know it all comes down to my swing but I just seem to find my number with the ProV1.

I played the e12 contact last week and enjoyed it. Not as much distance as my last ball off the tee, but liked it quite a bit. I have a few different brands of balls to go through before I buy anything else.

Went to the ZStar XV from the regular ZStar this weekend. Definitely enjoyed the increased spin around the green. Felt great off the face on all shots.

I also put a Vice Pro into play for a couple of holes. Not as hard as the XV. I like the Vice and may explore these balls further.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Your B RX yesterday. Plenty of stopping power on approaches. From 98y with a 50* the ball spun back about 6” from the mark. From 135y with an 8 iron the ball hit into a slight hill and the ball spin back about 3 feet. Hard to say about durability but didn’t notice any cover scuffs from wedges.

I played a Cut Blue. It played well off the driver checked up on the greens. All around good ball IMO

I have been playing Srixon Z Star XV lately and love them. GG had a great sale and picked up several dozen at $33 per dozen.

I found a yellow Taylormade TP5 on #2 this weekend and played 15 straight holes with it and I might be hooked! Spin around the greens, long off the tee and seemed to be straight. I really enjoyed the ball flight and had no problem checking up on some fairly tight greens! Hard to justify the $14 per dozen difference, but they made a great case!

I played a Cut Blue. It played well off the driver checked up on the greens. All around good ball IMO

at $20 a dozen, this is a great ball...wedges can bite it up a bit but it hasn't been a real issue for me.

Played the Qstar tour divide blue-yellow today. Usually love this ball, but played a bit of mountain golf today. Couldn't follow it in the air against the backdrop of trees. I even lost one in the fairway.
Most frustrated I've been on the course in some time.

Back