What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Bridgestone RXS - spins well on approaches and greenside; feel is just right for me.

I prefer it over the ProV1x - softer feel with RXS yet responsive.

Tour B RX today, great off the driver for me. Have picked up a couple yards on may approach shots. Plenty of stopping power on chips and feels really good off the putter.

I have been playing the ProV1X all year but am thinking of trying something different. I haven’t been thrilled with the durability of this year’s ProV. I also wouldn’t mind something that spins a bit more off the irons without spinning too much off the driver.

The competition for Morgan Cup ball is now between the TP5 and Bridgestone Tour B X ball. Really enjoyed my round with the B X as it is all around a good ball. The TP5 feels softer to me but the B X seemed more controlled.

Just finished my last of e12 Contact and I’ll glad. Just never got rewarded for good wedge shots.

Started playing the ProV1 yesterday and started double double…. Seemed to me something was off with something… ball flying all sorts of crazy…switched to ProV1x and the world seemed right. Not sure why but I know that the X is where I need to be.

I keep wanting to play something urethane and I miss triple track, but I have decided to fully embrace the e12 Contact. Shot a PB with it last week and it feels great off the irons. I wish I got a little more distance with my driver, but I like the fairways I hit with it.

I will revisit triple track at some point, but I am going to stick with this ball for a few months.

Still playing (and enjoying) the e12 Contact, and it looks like it will be my ball for a while - our course is changing ownership and they had a blowout clearance sale in the pro shop over the weekend, I picked up 6 dozen Contacts for $10.50/dozen! I prefer the green balls and these are white, but at that price I'll gladly deal with it. I already had a dozen in reserve, so I shouldn't be ball shopping again until some time around mid-2022.

Hate to admit it but put the -Pro v1 in the bag. I hate to admit it because my skillset doesn't match up with that ball, but solid contact was made and the ball flew straight and impressive. Now, I have been practiceing more and taking lessons, but perhaps playing a premium ball did something for my mental game. Best round of the year for me.

I’ve been testing the Titleist Tour Speed vs ProV1X. The performance for me has been good from both balls. The biggest difference has been how easy the cover on the Tour Speed cuts and scuffs. I had a left over Z star and put it into play and have settled into the Z Star. The results are just as good as the ProV1x and it’s easier to find them in stock $7 cheaper a dozen.

I’ve been testing the Titleist Tour Speed vs ProV1X. The performance for me has been good from both balls. The biggest difference has been how easy the cover on the Tour Speed cuts and scuffs. I had a left over Z star and put it into play and have settled into the Z Star. The results are just as good as the ProV1x and it’s easier to find them in stock $7 cheaper a dozen.

I found the Tour Speed spun less for me than the PV1X. Enough less that I couldn’t really play it.

I found the Tour Speed spun less for me than the PV1X. Enough less that I couldn’t really play it.
I didn’t find that issue. Don’t mind the feel. I don’t think it’s saving any money because two holes the ball is damaged from regular golf shots.

Did the Tour Speed feel really hot to you? I found it to be a half to full club longer than the ProV1x/Z-Star/RXS and other balls I've played the last few years. I've gone back and forth between that and the ProV1x the last few rounds.

I'm going to give the RXS another go as well. I got way to deep into the big ball study from the other site which had the RXS as a slower/poorer performer last test. This year it was among one of their best performers. Go figure.

Did the Tour Speed feel really hot to you? I found it to be a half to full club longer than the ProV1x/Z-Star/RXS and other balls I've played the last few years. I've gone back and forth between that and the ProV1x the last few rounds.

I'm going to give the RXS another go as well. I got way to deep into the big ball study from the other site which had the RXS as a slower/poorer performer last test. This year it was among one of their best performers. Go figure.
I purchased before said study. I look at data and take it at face value. I put it to my own test because finding the best ball for me isn’t always going to correlate. It didn’t feel hotter really. I had good results that were about the same as the others. Tried Chromesoft as well but didn’t care for it (way to much spin off the irons leading to short shots). Z Star just gave me the best of all worlds.

Working with some leftover Kirklands and thought they were pretty good initially. However, the more I used them the less I like them, I think they spin a too much. Reminds me of the old ProV1 a lot everywhere except the green and chipping. I also played a Callaway Hex Tour as well, really liked it for the price. It felt like it knocked off just enough spin for me to hit some more penetrating shots a bit easier.

I just started testing the AVX yellow and the newest Kirkland. Both seem pretty good compared to the ZStar. Not a ton of notable difference. Jury is still out for me on these tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t find that issue. Don’t mind the feel. I don’t think it’s saving any money because two holes the ball is damaged from regular golf shots.

I never really played the Tour Speed on the course but I was part of the THP ball test over the winter and spent a lot of time in the simulator with it. For me with a 7i the TS averaged 4387 with a carry of 159. The PV1X for me was 155 with a spin of 5370. I did hit the TS a few feet higher on average. That is with a 7i SS of 80 mph. That was playing a Callaway Apex 19 7i. That spin difference was consistent with the other balls in the test I got more spin with the ERC, Tour REsponse and the Bridgestone E12.

Played Callaway Hex Tour yesterday, hit the same 2 balls the whole round. No complaints here.

I played 18 with exactly one ball all day - an OnCore Avant55. That and the Srixon Soft Feel are my go-to balls. I go back and forth between them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you compared the Z Star to the Z Star XV?
I have been trying both and am finding the XV to almost balloon with the driver. Not sure what's causing it, sure isn't my swing speed. 😔

Played the Z Star and ProV1 today. Really like both balls but I think I’m trending towards the ProV1 lately. Both are very good and I could play either one.

I bought some latest gen TP5 in yellow recently but when I put them into play something felt off. Drives seemed to knuckleball on me, flight looked great for 75% of shot and the ball just fell out of the sky about 10 to 20 yds short. I’ve seen this before a few times when hitting out of the rough when it was wet with my irons but never off the tee. I switched to a TP5X I had in the bag and things went back to normal.

ProV1 today.
Let’s say it’s not my favorite. Just OK for me.

I played a bright yellow Bridgestone E6 for a bit this weekend and it was surprisingly good. It was like I couldn’t lose it for 8-9 holes.

Last edited:
Have you compared the Z Star to the Z Star XV?
I have been trying both and am finding the XV to almost balloon with the driver. Not sure what's causing it, sure isn't my swing speed. 😔

XV and Tour B both felt nearly the same to me and seemed to climb for me as well. One of the reasons I moved from them was wind.

Back