What becomes of your old driver shafts?

Idk. I'm just know starting to get a couple extra driver shafts so we will see.

I purged my stash right after Morgan Cup 21 and haven't accumulated that much more stuff since then. I knew someone that wanted one of my old FW shafts so they got that and everything else I just took to 2nd swing. Got pennies on the dollar but it was all cleaned out in about 15 min.

They get traded in with the heads.

I don't keep extra shafts.

I’m going to start saving them because I would like to do a shaft wall

I haven’t accumulated much this year. I only bought one shaft for my ZX5 this year. I was just taking down all of our Christmas stuff and saw that I had some old ones from my previous driver accumulated in my putter bag. Don’t even have the drivers any longer to tinker with. All stuff I tried to sell on eBay and it’s what left that didn’t sell. Need to purge it.

They go in a box in the garage. Never know when an old gamer will become a new gamer.

I think I only have one driver shaft kicking around.

Usually they just get sold with the driver when I move on from it.

Normally i give them away to friends/family.

I have a pile of a few hundred. Some are pulls. Some are test shafts. Some are factory samples. It's a massive pile.
A few years ago I sent about 100 to a LARP group to make as swords.
I've been trying to think of what I can use them for. Deck railings. Bench or chair rails. Garden stakes??

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

If they are worth the effort I'll try to sell them. Sometimes I keep them to pair for trade in. The rest end up in a big club box on a shelf in my garage.

My wife decided to clean the garage one day while I was gone and the box full of shafts accidentally fell open. She said it was like stumbling onto my p*rn stash 😂

Thread led me to eBay to sell my old stuff. Which led me to searching for more stuff to buy.

Put them in other heads and sell

I have one extra shaft that will get sold if/when I splurge on a new driver. My gamer shaft is a keeper. I also have an old Ping Tour shaft that I kept for reasons I have long forgotten. It collects dust.

Keep em, never know what may be better in a different driver head.

Then you don’t have to spend the extra money on an upgraded shaft, or care what the flex is when you just need the driver head.

So far, just sitting and waiting.

The last driver I had (adjustable) was a Nike Covert 2.0 that when I sold it, I gave the buyer both shafts I had (stock 50g and the aftermarket 85g) since I didn't want to deal with pulling the adapter and then having it too short for a different kind of adapter.

They're sitting in my closet. Never know which one might be a better fit for a particular head.

I don't have any.

I will usually give them to a friend that I think it will work for. I’ll be keeping the KBS TD if I find something else I like, it out performed a ton of different shafts that I tested this season.

Every time I buy a shaft, the old one gets sold on Ebay.

I’m going to start saving them because I would like to do a shaft wall
You thinking hang like a fitting studio to pull and play? Or something more artistic if that makes sense? I wonder if you stacked a bunch inside a frame it would make a neat art piece.

Keep em, never know what may be better in a different driver head.

Then you don’t have to spend the extra money on an upgraded shaft, or care what the flex is when you just need the driver head.
The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

They go with the driver it came with, I'm lunatic fringe in other ways.

Back