What Club Brand are You Most Reluctant to Use or Try?

Dr RosenRosen

Reaction score
Handicap
Is there a major club brand that you are reluctant to try or when demoing clubs, always seems to be the last brand you pick? This reluctance may stem from previous bad luck with that company, perceived quality, dislike of the company, typical appearance of their clubs, whatever. For me, I don't have an OEM that is last across the board. The closest, I guess, would be Cleveland. (That being said, I think the RTX 2.0s might be some of the best looking wedges I've ever seen.)

Otherwise, I'm always hesitant to try Nike woods and hybrids (the swoosh drives me crazy). I always stall and avoid trying TaylorMade and Cobra wedges for reasons I can't explain. I even have a weird resistance to trying Callaway hybrids and end up demoing them only if I don't like the others.

What about you? What brand always ends up last on your demo/try list?

Nope, no one in particular for me, I like to try them all.

currently it would be PXG just because I am afraid I would fall in love and drop way too much money on clubs. I used to not like Nike clubs (for some reason) but I would hit the new Vapor line, the dark blue is a bit much but they are intriguing.

For me it would be Taylormade, no real reason just ever been a fan of them.

Interesting question. I don't know that there are any that I am "reluctant" to try. Rather, there maybe be one or two that I don't look at as much as I do others, so if I start demo-ing, I find something that I want before I even get to some clubs/brands.

Bombtech. Only because the man behind the equipment openly admitted he's not up to speed on current technology

No biases here against any major OEM here. If it is the best fit for me, name on bottom or back of head is irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Taylormade, I just don't like any club or putter that is painted white.

Nike for me, their stuff just looks and feels cheap to me.

There aren't any I avoid really. I'm just more open to other brands and if they work, I don't really look elsewhere.

Nike here just never liked the feel of them.

Don't think I am reluctant to try brand. Never know when I might stumble onto something, may not love the looks, but it may be something that really works for me.

Mizuno.

I briefly had a set of their blades (as a hand-me-down backup set) in high school. I've just never really given them a fair shake since. It's completely illogical, and if I'd totally be willing to give them a fair shake but they're probably one of the last big name brands I'd grab on my own.

Maybe a little reluctant to try PXG, Miura, XXIO and other high-cost brands just so I don't fall in love with them....but honestly would love to give them and pretty much anything a try as long as it can be fit to me and my swing.

Taylormade. I don't like their marketing.

Callaway and Nike.

I think I would buy whatever worked as long as it was affordable, but for the sale of choosing I would go with Nike. No much of their equipment has really ever worked for me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

titleist, ping, xxio, epon, fourteen, nike, wilson, cleveland. the little time I've spent with each (other than xxio I've never tried) has been such that I've satisfied my curiosity and not wanted to try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Club Brand are You Most Reluctant to Use or Try?

None for me. I may be reluctant to buy some certain brands, but never reluctant to try out anything. If it's in the demo area, I'm trying it out.

Yeah, my bad, still view them as separate.

Haha no worries, just thought was interesting. Had me confused for a second

Strictly on looks PING, Nike or Cobra, just don't care for them.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Back