What coffee are you drinking?

Stumptown "Founders"...... one of my go-tos.

My son has a coffee shop uses PT's coffee beans, grids the beans and makes coffee. I drink it black, cold brew I drink with french vanilla creamer.

Last year our roaster ran out of our favorite beans, ever. An Ethiopian Harrar with a medium roast. Never had anything quite like it.

Recently they’ve been roasting a different Ethiopian variety, Kembata, which is very, very good but not like that Harrar. But it’s our everyday brew nowadays.

The roaster knew how much we liked the Harrar. The first order of the new stuff we placed after the Harrar ran out, she included a little bonus pouch with our order. It was the last five ounces or so of Harrar beans that she roasted for us as a final treat. That was nice.

I like cold brew and trying to get a good bean without paying through the nose because it uses so much

I have been using Guatemala Antigua Coffee beans for the last 6 months. A nice medium flavor with low acid levels, and about $10 a pound.

95AF35F8-5668-40F4-9064-BF77D8C83960.jpeg

Warming up Ms. Silvia. Owned her since 1997. Silvia is a single boiler - I brew the espresso and then turn on the steamer for milk, She is my backup while the La Marzocco is getting updated and waiting on parts (supply chain issues - who would've thought). Can't wait to rehab this old house (supply chain issues again).

Have the Ceado E37S 83mm flat grinder with SSP Burrs. Drinking JBC Espresso this week. Acaia Scale on machine tray that measures output and times the shot.

At times, I do yearn for a quick cup and an automatic machine. Today's lighter roasted espressos are more difficult - a bit acidic, need more extraction, and more volume through the cup than the 1:2 ratio of coffee to volume

Silvia JBC Coffee Ceado.jpg

Last edited:
Saw this at Costco yesterday. Didn't pick it up but was tempted. Anyone try this?
1B0FFD8C-B20A-4CD2-A444-575AF036F8A6.jpeg

interesting. I've not tried it. I guess there are times one can't infuse your coffee with actual bourbon.
If it was an average sized bag or barrel in this case I probably would have bought it. Its a lot of coffee if its terrible

Coffee from a local roaster. The flavor is : "Sugar Cookie" and its to die for

Dunkin Donuts K cups as usual.

forgot mine on the counter this am, so stopped at Dunkin. Large black with two pumps of FV

My latest has been lavazza espresso roast. I shouldn't have bought another 2 bags, but they were on sale. Maybe I'll grind them for regular coffee, and get something fresh roasted for espresso

I think I figured out my set up a little better and have made better shots lately. What they deemed as the double basket left so much room, the 18ish grams still allowed for a large pool of water above it. So I went to the 'single' cup, add my 18g, tamp it well, and its a longer slower pull. Weird but it works, but in just a 51mm porta I guess the added depth helps the most

Cafe Lusso for Espresso via their website.

The Monolith Grinder Manufacturer uses them to test their grinders so I thought, "Why not?"

Last edited:
At the moment office swill. However I tried a new Kcup at home last week, Dunkin Midnight, and it was pretty good.

Just bought some of this from Vessel Craft Coffee. Very smooth!

1644248214126.png

Love this local shop! Never gotten a bad bag.

1644248543071.png

Fell in love with a roaster down in Costa Rica name Sun Burst when were down there 7-8 years ago. They shared a strip mall with an ACE Hardware. Cool little family deal. They have a distribution deal set up in Austin, TX. Have been ordering from them ever since.

Forgot to make any this morning and didn't have time to stop on the way to work. This is exactly what NOT to do on a cold rainy Monday.

A local coffee roaster came out with their own flavors recently.

"Sugar Cookie" and it soooooooooo damn good.
image.jpgimage.jpg

For hot, we'll usually use the auto drip. For iced, cold brewed.
My inlaw got me to buy one of those cold brew filter gizmos. Too much work, but it was a change and smoother tasting.

Back