What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had another slow start to the round. Greenside in 1 on 1, green side in 2 on the par 5 2nd...made bogey at both.
Kept it together with a solid back 9.

38-34
E 72
4 FIR
16 GIR
35 putts

I played with DawgDaddy today at Lane Creek and started off terrible. Three doubles in a row to start my round! I had another one on hole #5 for my 4th of the front side.... :angry:Anyways I shot 46 but the good thing is I came back on the back with two birdies and some stellar play to shoot a 38 and 84 for my total. Really proud of my hanging in there when the going was so terrible on the front :thumb:

A very meh 40 last night in men's league. Couldn't make a putt, and just wasn't overly sharp. Only consolation is my opponent had a worse night and I won 6-3.

42-40 = 82. Very meh. Driver was very long today as were the irons. Titleist gamers were solid. Just didn't score well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red hawk ridge from the tips (71.5/135) only 6800 from the tips but very challenging. Shot 40/41. Two birdies that could have been 6. One double and a handful of silly bogeys... so close...

+3 38 last night at the after work spot.

JM

Red hawk ridge from the tips (71.5/135) only 6800 from the tips but very challenging. Shot 40/41. Two birdies that could have been 6. One double and a handful of silly bogeys... so close...

I hear that bro. One or two swings a round are keeping me from 75 - 76 pretty consistently.

Today I achieved a goal that I set in 2002 when I retired from the Air Force. That goal, shoot a round in the 70s. Today personnel Best - 76 !!! 40 on the front 36 on the back!

A total of 27 putts, 3 birdies, 9 pars, 5 bogies, 1 double bogey. New goal set - Under par round.

46/45=91 needless to say Ole Gray's 2nd nine was the highlight of our day. I started off with a 3 putt double, par, triple with penalty, par. By then we were about an hour+ into our round and it was apparent the 4 some in front of us could care less that they had held up our 2 some since the first tee. I never got any type of tempo going and even when we skipped forward it just was not happening. Crazy thing is I hit some really good shots for me but seemed to throw away a shot (or 2) per hole.

Some days it just pays to enjoy the company and the occasional good shot and write it off as a day well spent on a golf course. I had a blast Bill.

Today I achieved a goal that I set in 2002 when I retired from the Air Force. That goal, shoot a round in the 70s. Today personnel Best - 76 !!! 40 on the front 36 on the back!

A total of 27 putts, 3 birdies, 9 pars, 5 bogies, 1 double bogey. New goal set - Under par round.

Congrats on each the retirement and the PB, great day IMO!

I played in a Northeast GA Women's tournament today at Northwood in Lawrenceville and took first place gross in my flight with an 80 (38, 42). We started on #12 and I had a double right off the bat. Their bent greens were really fast and it took me a few holes to acclimate to them. Once we made the turn, I had 8 straight pars on the front and then doubled the 9th (I really stink at sand shots). That was one of my best tournament rounds in a long time, especially playing a new course with new people.

13 pars
no birdies
3 doubles (couple OOB penalties and sand cost me 2 strokes)
2 bogeys

I played in a Northeast GA Women's tournament today at Northwood in Lawrenceville and took first place gross in my flight with an 80 (38, 42). We started on #12 and I had a double right off the bat. Their bent greens were really fast and it took me a few holes to acclimate to them. Once we made the turn, I had 8 straight pars on the front and then doubled the 9th (I really stink at sand shots). That was one of my best tournament rounds in a long time, especially playing a new course with new people.

13 pars
no birdies
2 bogeys

Atta girl! Proud of ya for sure ?

Just played 9 and shot 43. Best ball-striking all year. Greens were terrible, cost me a couple shots and had 1 penalty.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

13 pars
no birdies
2 bogeys

Well done Kelly, nice come back from the opening hole.

Played a round on Monday with my golfing buddy. He is a much better golfer than I and he offered a friendly competition. He gave me 20 strokes and 3 mulligans per half.

I used one mulligan on the front 9 and two on the back nine.

Beat him by 6 strokes with a total score of 110. my second best 18 hole score so far and this is my first year of playing!

needless to say it was hard to get my head into my car when we left...

46/45=91 needless to say Ole Gray's 2nd nine was the highlight of our day. I started off with a 3 putt double, par, triple with penalty, par. By then we were about an hour+ into our round and it was apparent the 4 some in front of us could care less that they had held up our 2 some since the first tee. I never got any type of tempo going and even when we skipped forward it just was not happening. Crazy thing is I hit some really good shots for me but seemed to throw away a shot (or 2) per hole.

Some days it just pays to enjoy the company and the occasional good shot and write it off as a day well spent on a golf course. I had a blast Bill.

You're my buddy and we have one heck of a time regardless. I can attest the slow play put a voo doo on us for the first nine holes and I could tell Dawg was frustrated. I was too and all too often it takes you out of your natural rhythm . I HATE slow play :banghead:

41. Will ESC to a 40. My swing was like a rodeo bull today. Wild and all over the place. I was just trying to hang on for 8 seconds! Score looks a lot better than some of the shots I hit today.

4 FWY, 3 GIR, 14 putts (no 3-putts), 1 Penalty
6 pars, 2 bogeys, 1 triple

44 front, 45 back. Great day for me on this course as it has some insane greens. Not much water and the 2 par 3s killed me. Doubled on both. Nice day today , hope everyone got to enjoy it..

42 in league play tonight which is great compared to the 48 I had the previous night in another league.

Today was really fun. Shot 38/35-73 in mens club. Had 4 birdies, 3 bogeys and a double. I can honestly say that this was the most enjoyable round of golf, playing wise, that I've ever had. I stayed relaxed and loose and golfed my ball around the course. I was +2 going to #16 and hit two really good wedge shots to get in close for back to back birdies and even par going to #18. I pulled my drive left, unfortunately, and had to pitch out and ended up taking a bogey to finish but that couldnt spoil a great day.

Shot an unexciting 80 today. But i did have a good time with my mates and the weather was good so it didnt bother me to much. Get another chance tomorrow.

Shot a bad 45 in league again. I was playing pretty well, but had a chip slide off the 9th green, then I took 2 more to get on. Such a contrast from Tuesday it's frustrating.

Shot a 45 last night with 2 penalties and 17 putts. Not great, but I was actually hitting driver decent after figuring out a secret. Rather than trying to quiet my mind, I need to fill it with other things so I don't think about the golf swing. Other than that, had some really good shots and a few less than good shots, but back in the 40s is better than still being in the 50s.

Soul crushing 51 (ESC 49) on an easy par 37 last night. Sprayed a drive right over an OB, and straight topped two consecutive tee balls into a creek with a hybrid to take a 9 - I can't even remember the last time I've had that happen. But I actually hit a number of really good shots with irons...it was just too late at that point haha. And its not like this course has my number...shot 38 there two weeks ago!

So, I'm just gonna chalk it up as an anomaly and move on.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Soul crushing 51 (ESC 49) on an easy par 37 last night. Sprayed a drive right over an OB, and straight topped two consecutive tee balls into a creek with a hybrid to take a 9 - I can't even remember the last time I've had that happen. But I actually hit a number of really good shots with irons...it was just too late at that point haha. And its not like this course has my number...shot 38 there two weeks ago!

So, I'm just gonna chalk it up as an anomaly and move on.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Crazy game! :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back