What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played the gold tees with the old timers today at a short 5000yds but shot 42/40=82.

80 today.hit the ball great and the m1 was money putter was cold as ice though

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

89 (43,46) on an away course that is pretty tough. Funny, I didn't hit the ball that badly at all and putted okay. But, a lot of what should have been pars turned into bogies, especially on the back nine.

48 on Sunday. Had planned on playing 18, but the Marshall sent us out on 10 to avoid a kid's tournament. We caught up to a four group back up after 9 holes and had to call it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

88 43/45 6400 yards, in Mississippi. It should have been a lot lower. No 3 putts, which is huge for me, and probably the most GIR's of the season. But an early flight and no sleep caught up to me on the back and I had too many doubles from admittedly not concentrating or hurrying because a group waved me through.

Still though, I was happy with all aspects of my game today, just wish I cleaned up the few bad holes.

42/42 84 today on the VGT. I'm pretty disgusted because I hit the ball well but just could not score. 4 3-putts just makes my blood boil.

Holed out from 115 on #1 for eagle which was nice.

39 on the front 9 today. Took forever.. there was actually a guy with an oxygen tank on the golf cart in front of me. Nice guys but so so so so slow.
We had a four group backup on 11 tee. I was so mad, because one of our marshals was teeing off on 12 with no groups ahead of his foursome for at least three holes that I could see. And get this for the people who think women are slow - - - the group ahead of them were four ladies. And older ones at that. They were flying.

Me and my buddy headed out to 13, a par three and were gone. Then we played 11 and 12 last.

41/42-83 today.Three doubles (two on the front), and eight pars.

Thanks Tim! Best one in a while. Been mid-upper 80's mostly. which is not where I need to be at my home course.

I know you have it in you. Keep grinding buddy!

From last Saturday:
Somehow snagged the last morning tee time at one of the two county courses and we ended up having a frost delay. I had 9:24, but got to the course and the parking lot was pretty empty; they weren't going to open until 10. Luckily, I got out in the second group, as being a single came in handy. I felt like I had played with one of the guys before, but I wasn't sure. They rode and I walked and we got around in a decent time. 91 with 33 putts...still getting the hang of the Works 1W.

I went over to the club for lunch to use the rest of my minimum and saw that the course was pretty empty so I went out for another 18. I walked again to see how I'd feel and I made it to 15 before I started to feel the effects of walking two rounds. I feel like I had a decent amount of GIRs, but wasn't anywhere near the hole. 85 with 35 putts. Pretty steady bogey golf for the day, but I didn't get a single makeable putt to drop. Still happy that I got 36 in.

Took a half day on Tuesday and went out with three guys from work. 43 on the front for me with a birdie on #7 (the #1 hole; only birdie on that hole this year). We went to #13 because I wanted to make sure that they got to play 18 with the island green in daylight. Back to 10, skipped 11, and they played 12 in the dark. Lots of fun and I hadn't met one of them before, but wouldn't mind playing with him again.

39/44, 83 with 29 putts. Front nine was very good, and was close to being really good. Back nine was complete opposite. I started missing right off of 10 tee, and it happened on nearly every full swing the remainder of the round. Weird and frustrating.

45 on the front 9 of Monterey Pines. I had the typical mix of good and bad go down, but overall it was a good outing.

Was able to squeeze-in 36 holes, today. First round was an 80, with 28 putts. Second round was an 84 with 31 putts. I honestly thought I played better in the second round than the score indicates. It's possible, given the time of season, these could be my last local rounds of the season. If so, I really enjoyed them (low 70s, sunny, and very windy)

Hit the ball terrible today, and yesterday. Tempo seems off, and I'm picking up on my irons. It could be due to my back acting up, but that is just an excuse. I need to hit more balls before my rounds to iron this thing out. We played 3-man scrambles both days so I didn't record a score.

A pretty stinky 98, GHIN to 95. I got a phone call as I started the 11th hole, which totally screwed up my concentration. Went quad, bogey, triple, triple, bogey, triple, bogey, bogey the rest of the way in. Geesh. And my putting left me.
Oh well, I am going to play again Friday and Saturday, so all is not lost.

Edit: I birdied a hole today that I had not birdied before, as I did the same yesterday (albeit on a different hole). So all was not lost....

Last edited:
Left work a little early today to enjoy this fabulous Ohio weather. Was hoping to get in 9 holes before darkness hit. When I got to the course no one was there. Got a cart and had the course to myself Played 18 holes in 1:15 teed off on 1 at 4:05pm and walked off 18 at 5:20pm. Shot a pretty smooth 68 birdie 3 of the par 5 and 1 par 4. Threw a bogey in on one of the par 3's because I can't play around of golf without making a bogey.

39/42 81, thank God for my putter

41/40 this morning in under 3 hours. Hit 7 fairways (was close on several others) and 6 greens (spun it off a couple others). Short game was pretty good, saved my butt on a few holes.

42/42 for 84, GHIN to 83. Putted well overall, although two 3-putts. Only 1 penalty stroke and I did not lose a ball.

111 for me with lots of 3 putts and one blow up hole. Not my best

Played a course I've never played before (Swan Point) and ended up with an 44/43~87.

I played the blues based on yardage (6454), but since it was my first time there I definitely struggled on ball placement off the tee. Regardless I hit 9 FIR (seemed like I couldn't miss on the front nine), 6 GIR, 33 putts, and 4 penalties. The penalties really got me as I was seeing this all for the first time. Also after the turn play was significantly slower, with 4 groups ahead of us stacked up. I felt like my back nine could have been better, and my putting was decent even with leaves on most of the greens.

38/39 77 from the tips at a very fun course.

With 7200 being the blacks and a 73.1/138 rating...it is usually a confidence booster type of course. Turned out to be a great day with nobody on the course but a single behind us who we quickly left way behind. Maybe the low 40's had a factor in this...but it was a blast with KC720! The cleveland putter is just outstanding and brushed a few birdies that turned into pars. Need to address the mistakes on the 7 bogies though. GBB didn't disappoint yet again today.

Thanks buddy for coming out with me in what we thought was going to be a cold day...layers helped a lot and was a great time!

38/39 77 from the tips at a very fun course.

With 7200 being the blacks and a 73.1/138 rating...it is usually a confidence booster type of course. Turned out to be a great day with nobody on the course but a single behind us who we quickly left way behind. Maybe the low 40's had a factor in this...but it was a blast with KC720! The cleveland putter is just outstanding and brushed a few birdies that turned into pars. Need to address the mistakes on the 7 bogies though. GBB didn't disappoint yet again today.

Thanks buddy for coming out with me in what we thought was going to be a cold day...layers helped a lot and was a great time!
You played really well!

Me on the other hand... started well but played 8 and 9 +3 resulting 39. Then just all over the place on the back 42. I blame having new irons in the bag (wanted to get a round in with j15mb) and was penalized lol. Had the 816 dbd back in the bag and hit it really well. I think I had maybe 2 bone head swings but otherwise was very happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back