What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird round today, driver and putter were working and my irons were just meh, scored good for me, 40/44 for an 84. Mid 50's in November in Minnesota felt like I was stealing, and walked in less than three hours to top it off.

48. Walked 9 holes. Was planning to do 18 but the course was still saturated from nearly 2 weeks worth of rain. Decided conditions were not worth splashing through the back nine. Was nice to get out in the sun. Temps a pleasant 72. Might be the last time wearing shorts on the course until next spring. Short game is not good from lack of play the last month. No scrambles, no 1 putts.

FWY 4, GIR, 3, Putts 20 (with two 3-putts), 1 penalty stroke
2 pars, 3 bogeys, 3 doubles and 1 triple.

44/45 for an 89. Pretty funny I think it was same score and same front nine/back nine scores as last week when I was in MS. Mitch and I ended up walking Wyncote and even though the course was crowded, somehow finished close to 4 hours. It was pretty windy and a tough course to begin with, but I liked how I played. Everything feels good right now and aside from one blow up hole, like the score. It was the lowest I've scored here and noticed on a few holes my tee shots were the best I've hit on the course. I still left some strokes out there on a couple penalties, but the 3 putts are way down and GIR's are up. It was a fun day and surprisingly warm in mid-November.

44/45 for an 89. Pretty funny I think it was same score and same front nine/back nine scores as last week when I was in MS. Mitch and I ended up walking Wyncote and even though the course was crowded, somehow finished close to 4 hours. It was pretty windy and a tough course to begin with, but I liked how I played. Everything feels good right now and aside from one blow up hole, like the score. It was the lowest I've scored here and noticed on a few holes my tee shots were the best I've hit on the course. I still left some strokes out there on a couple penalties, but the 3 putts are way down and GIR's are up. It was a fun day and surprisingly warm in mid-November.
Where and what did you shoot in MS?

Shot 44-42 for an 86 on a cold rainy day. Started off with 4 pars in a row and then had a snowman. Driver was good, putting was good, irons and wedge play was ok for the most part. Good day for me overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where and what did you shoot in MS?

88 43/45 6400 yards, at the Oaks GC. Whoops guess I shot one stroke better down there.

48/45 - 93. It rained all day yesterday and I teed off first thing this morning. Course was extremely wet and muddy. Not a dry spot. Bunkers were mostly mush. Greens actually were in good shape. Driver was ok. Missed some fairways by a little bit. Missed a couple by a lot. Putter was good. Did have a 3-putt today. 32 putts total. Short game wasn't too bad. Not the best round by me, but some good things to take away from it and also things to continue to work on. Would like to get my GIR up. Only hit 2 today, which is low for me. But, a couple of greens were closed and bet just stuck a flag in the fairway, not sure how to count GIRs for those holes.

77 today.
Didn't even play all that well but had nothing worse than bogey, a couple birdies, and a handful of solid up and downs to save par.

Shot an 81 yesterday. I was only +2 after the first 9 holes(started on the 13th), then went downhill after that. I haven't been feeling that great lately and have been getting a few headaches(went to Doc today), and i started to lose a bit of energy in the second 9, something that doesnt normally affect me as i can normally do 36 a day if i need to.
I was putting ok though and finished with only 28 putts which i was happy about, any time its under 30 is good, also tee shots were good but it was the bits in between that were not so flash. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

81 on one of the windiest days I have ever played. Hardest hole was a 600 yrd par 5 uphill straight into the wind

Shot 88 at a soaked TPSouth. Couldn't believe the amount of water on the course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83 today. To many doubles and then a lost ball in the trees on the last long par 5 ended with a dreaded triple. Club day tomorrow maybe i can get it together then, my golf has been very average the last couple of months. Only playing once or maybe twice a week if im lucky doesnt help.

37/43 80 today that I don't feel good about because of closing back to back doubles. Good news is that I tried a GBB with the Bassara shaft and I finally see why there are fans of this club - had alot of fun hitting it.

42/43 - 85. Tried the Mini off the fairway, that didn't work out too well! But not a bad round.

84 (44, 40). Started really slowly (no warm up). Spotty day putting--made some nice ones, missed some that I shouldn't.

Played 9 this morning. Shot a 44, got a little aggressive two greens in a row and had three putts on them, outside of those two holes the game feel solid all around.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Slightly better today. Shot an 80 from the blues today, beautiful day to golf today, no wind until the last couple of holes and clear blue skys.

44-39/83
11/14 FW
7/18 GIR
34 putts

Chilly/windy morning on a fair track with some tough greens. Started really blistering some drives on the back but only made 2 putts in the 7-10 foot range and they were for par or bogey. 2 doubles on the front, both par 3's. Fun time with THP'ers as always.

40. Good driving, mediocre everything else.

70 in our clubs best ball tourney
I contributed with 3 birdies!

37 - 37 - 74 with an eagle! First eagle of 2015 I believe. Also 2 birdies (1 via a chip in) and 1 double for good measure.

Got out with Mulligan9111 today to try and work on some things to get ready for the Grandaddy, and while the score was nowhere near what I want to see (54/51), Tony was able to see some things in my swing that I really need to work on to get back to where I do want to be. The key takeaway for me was that my driver swing and my iron swing were drastically different, and while I'm having a lot of success with my irons, my driver is all over the place and this is one possible reason for that. Hybrids and irons were working well, but poor drives led to penalties and long holes and led to the higher score. Putting was off quite a bit, and I attribute that to greens that were a ton faster than what I'm used to playing on, and I was putting scared all day long. Overall, a throw away score, but some good take aways to work on over the next 3 weeks.

44 and a 40. Played the front nine of each of the courses at my home course. Positives were two birdies and the way I drove the ball.

11/14 fairways, 8 GIR, 33 putts (two 3-putts), 1 penalty
2 birdies, 5 pars, 8 bogeys, 3 doubles.

44 in some heavy winds at my home course. My driver just didn't show up today leaving me some difficult second shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back