What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I avoid it during summer time weekends/holidays. Browns game is probably the only reason it didn't take over 5 hours
If the weather is in ANY way agreeable, I think all the Browns fan will be there next weekend.

Shot an 86. Felt really good hitting my irons today, and was decent off the tee. Plus, I feel like I have a putter I like for the first time in about a year. I'm pretty excited about golf, which isn't something I get to say too often.

My game has been hit or miss over the past few months. An 83 here, an 87 there (as recently as last Sunday). A buddy asked me last minute to get out and play a quick 18 yesterday and I go out and shoot a 35/38 for a NEW PERSONAL BEST of 73!!! Nothing spectacular, just fairways and greens and I missed a couple of make-able putts that could've gotten me past my life goal of breaking par, but I really have no complaints about the round. My wedges had been awful for the past month, but something was clicking yesterday. Driver was solid, irons were finding the green. Hoping I can keep the good momentum going forward for a little while.

13/18 GIRs and 31 putts with a 3-putt.

CV1tqma.png
Congrats!!! Way to bring it all together

My game has been hit or miss over the past few months. An 83 here, an 87 there (as recently as last Sunday). A buddy asked me last minute to get out and play a quick 18 yesterday and I go out and shoot a 35/38 for a NEW PERSONAL BEST of 73!!! Nothing spectacular, just fairways and greens and I missed a couple of make-able putts that could've gotten me past my life goal of breaking par, but I really have no complaints about the round. My wedges had been awful for the past month, but something was clicking yesterday. Driver was solid, irons were finding the green. Hoping I can keep the good momentum going forward for a little while.

CV1tqma.png

Heck of a round roommate! Those are the days that we dream of...

91 today, 46/45. Company was good, but the round was not great.

Drove the ball OK, did everything else horribly!

Got off an airplane and onto the course and played 20 holes in 2:30 (18 + 1 & 9 again) - par 80. 7 over 87.

Played the last 11 even par - back 9 - 1 bogey and 1 birdie and the other 2 holes even. So, my first 9 was a little ugly +7, 43 with 5 bogeys and a double.

Off the tee and long shots were fine. Short game was spotty - particularly on the front 9. Guess I shouldn't head out to the course after 7 hours of traveling and expect to play well. Probably should slow down a bit.

Last edited:
Nice day in NW Florida today. Shot 80 (43, 37). I've got to stop going from the car to the first tee. I end up throwing some strokes away on the first few holes until I get loosened up. A dozen or two balls on the range before the round would produce better front nines. I always warmed up at my old club, but am not fond of the range set up at my new one. I need to get over that.

CV1tqma.png
Congrats buddy!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new PB Miller Time.

CV1tqma.png

That's my teammate! Great job!!

CV1tqma.png
Congrats on the new Personal Best MT!!

Walked 18 today in 2:25.
48/40 88 GHIN to 87. 11/14 FIR, 11/18 GIR. One lost ball and 6 three putts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walked 18 today in 2:25.
48/40 88 GHIN to 87. 11/14 FIR, 11/18 GIR. One lost ball and 6 three putts

Fairway finder!!

Played a new course today. I played really conservative off the tee with lots of less than drivers. It is one of those courses where picking the line off the tee is everything so I wasn't really sure on a ton of holes. Need to make a yardage book for the course so I actually know the carry numbers on all the bunkers off the tee. Driving was okay, not the greatest distance today. Ball striking was decent minus a few. Couldn't make a putt to save my life. Started coming apart last few holes, finished 3 over for the last 4 holes.

38 - 39 = 77
33 putts no 3 putts
11/14 FIR

1 birdie, 11 pars, 6 bogeys

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ntanygd760/round/683044

I played my first round in a month or so today. I started off well...two bogeys and a par, and a GIR on each of the first three holes. I managed to come out of the front 9 with a 49, which is a strong score for me.

The back nine was a different story, though. I threw up a 60 to seal a 109 on the day.

Par 3s were a real problem today (even more so than usual). The course I was playing has four of them. I posted a 7 on three. My irons are the strongest part of my game, but there is something mentally preventing me from hitting an iron off the tee box. Whether it is on a par 3 or a hole where I need to lay up, I screw it up about 90% of the time. It's very frustrating.

Shot 40/40 +8 at a course I've never played before. Bit better on approaches would have saved a bunch of shots. Hard to shoot 70s when you only hit 4 greens

I shot 38 41 79 with kc720, J4U, and milehighgolfer on a new course. Hit some good shots and some bad shots but it was just nice to be on a golf course in december with good people.

What did you shoot today?

Shot 43/39 for 82. Lots of pars and bogeys. Could have putted better. 1 double, no birds, 2-3 putts. Quite a few 2 putt pars. Par 3's kicked my butt. Bogeyed all but 1 had par. Par'd all the par 5's but one (3 par 5's on front with 2 on back).

Last edited:
Gods cruel joke...December 9th here in the northeast, play in on borrowed time . Hitting the ball the vast I have all year the last 2 weeks. Got in a pair of 9 hole rounds this week hit 18/18 for, shot a total of -7 with one 3 putt bogey. Maybe it's having to think because of the 40 degree temps....

8 months of practice is finally paying off.... Hahaha

A bad day of golf is better than working. So, today must have been better than working. Except I am working today also. Alas.....

46/55 GHIN 100. Lost a bunch of balls, all ChromeSoft's. Which pissed me off, because I was using them in honor of #TeamRedemption.

Anyway, could not get off the tee box today - Left hooks. Putter burned edges but nothing dropped. Lots of time in bunkers and in the desert.

Silver lining - I am playing again tomorrow!

93 along with Bullfrog.
Hit the ball pretty well today, lessons paying off, and the work that follows lessons as well. Swing is starting to feel much better.

6900+ yds, 142 slope rating.
45/44 89. 11 FIR, 5 GIR, one lost ball, 33 putts. Wind and added distance got me on at least 5 holes, tough to hit greens from 210 yds+.

6900+ yds, 142 slope rating.
45/44 89. 11 FIR, 5 GIR, one lost ball, 33 putts. Wind and added distance got me on at least 5 holes, tough to hit greens from 210 yds+.

That's decent score on tough track and conditions

Got out with a buddy at Stumpy Lake GC for a quick nine. Course was super soggy, but surprisingly my ball striking was good today. I actually ended up backing up 2 balls right off the green. What was not good was my chipping. I duffed 6 or 7 chips which was pretty bad and my score reflected it. Ended with a 47 after missing only 1 FW, and hitting 3 GIR. 1 birdie, 2 pars, and 6 double bogeys.

Snuck out for 18 this afternoon and shot a 36/37 for a 73. Got away being a little wild off the tee. 3 bogeys, a lot of pars and 1 eagle.

Eagled 18 which is a closing Par 5. It is a hole that I have come close to eagling multiple times this year, so I am pretty pleased to finally get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back