What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After following along with the THP Bridgestone Event, the Bridgestone Seniors Championship today, I had to get out for a round this evening. Love that I can drop in to the course practically at any time and get a quick round in. Tee’d off with two buddies at 5:30 and sank the last putt on 18 at 7:55.

Today was a special day where everything was working. Shot a 40/39 with 10/14 FIR, 28 putts. The round consisted of 1 birdie and 9 pars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another 84 today. The courses in New Mexico we played this weekend were very nice.

0ea1ef5692b654afb6f98f51c137b397.jpg

75457fba44b91876e08341e2b73e4c42.jpg

41-38 today. a couple dubs, several 3p, but 3 birds. got into a nice rhythm with putter on the back with only 13 putts. most everything felt solid today, just got a few bad breaks and made a few bad swings to the exact wrong spots. but it was nice to break 80 for the first time in awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

41-38 today. a couple dubs, several 3p, but 3 birds. got into a nice rhythm with putter on the back with only 13 putts. most everything felt solid today, just got a few bad breaks and made a few bad swings to the exact wrong spots. but it was nice to break 80 for the first time in awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You should catch up with Wildcat4life.

It was Saturday but shot 42/37 = 79 for my first round in the 70's since 2017. Couldn't hit my driver at all but irons were on and I was making putts from EVERYWHERE. Had 3 birds and not one of them was less than a 15 foot putt. A little luck for sure but I'll take it lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

45-44 at Torrey Pines - South

No birdies, 6 Pars and played with the same ball the entire time! Had a great time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

45-44 at Torrey Pines - South

No birdies, 6 Pars and played with the same ball the entire time! Had a great time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I miss the south. Haven’t played there in over 5 months.

38/43-81 yesterday. A couple birdies on the front, irons started out pretty poor, but the short game saved it. Doubled 16 and 17. 16 was bad, 17 was salvageable, but got lazy on a two footer while avoiding someone else's line. Went +11 in my points game to win and my birdie on 5 held up for a skin.

Played another 18 afterwards and probably would have been pretty similar if we weren't playing teams.

Ugh, carry a 7 handicap and shot... Oh I don't know... Don't think I broke 90!

Had a club fitting a couple days ago confirming I'm hitting down on the ball too much... So tried to fix that, lmao... Was awful, but did hot some decent shots with the seeing change, so there is that...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
So found the courage to complete the last few holes on the scorecard...88, lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Only my 2nd round of Golf this month with the ankle sprain but almost 100%.

Get to the course and it's CPO, great, only confirms my decision to play the whites at 6300. Played here a few months ago and shot 80 from the whites.

My friend and I got paired up with 2 randos and one of the guys said he was playing the tips at 6800, with CPO.

I said what the hell let's do it.

45/44 needing a double on 18 to shoot 89. Low and behold I made double on 18.

Playing every bit of 7000 yards and this is by far the furthest distance I've played. From the whites I hit 2H on about 6 or 7 tee shots. Yesterday was driver every single time.

I hit 4 fairways and 2 GIR. It's a lot different hitting 7i-4h into greens than AW-8i.

Happy to break 90 but also a bit bummed to make a double on the Par 5 9th when I was 155 out in the fairway. On 18 I had the comfort of knowing I only needed double to break 90 but whatever, should've played it a little smarter.

Two of the Par 3s I chose 4H. Long day. Lot of walking. Happy to play from back there though...Won't be an every week occurrence though hah!

Last edited:
41/42 on a 7000 yard course on Sunday 1 over handicap, my game off the tee was solid and was able to take on a lot of dog legs to cut down the course a little (love a dog leg right).
No par 5's are reachable in 2 unless you munch one and I mean MUNCH one on your first and your second.
Was really weirded out by my iron distances and everything was flying 10 or more yards further than usual so I just got really aggressive with club selection and it worked out ok.
So much slope and ridges on those greens made it difficult for a first timer there but I got out of there alive with one 3 putt, I did miss A LOT of short putts though which was irritating. great course though and every hole was top drawer

38/33=71 (-1)

Using the claw. For the first time ever. Lmao.

Had 4 birdies.

35/36-71 (-1). One bogey and two birdies, It is now the 59th time I've shot my age or better in the last four years. Note, it does get easier the older you get! LOL

71 appears to be the number of the day so I will throw mine in. 36 - 35 - 71 (-1). An eagle, 3 birdies and 4 bogeys. My putter turned ice cold on the back or it could have been better. Missed 3 birdie putts of around 5 or 6 feet. The one under par hole on the back 9 came as a result of knocking in a PW from 130 for eagle.

Shot a 37 with 2 bogies and 1 birdie. Considering I did that completely cold with 0 warm up I’ll take it all day long.

36/38 = 74 from the 7,011 yard tips.

3 birds, 5 bogeys, 1 three-putt.

Was longer with irons today and never adjusted appropriately. As I was striking it, could've/should've been a really low one. Still felt great to hit most every shot on line.

42/35 - 77 at my local track. Cold start on the front followed by a back with 4 birdies. Made a nice 20-25 ft. downhill to the right putt for birdie on 18 to close (-1) on the back. No double bogeys. No three putts.

Shot a 37 with 2 bogies and 1 birdie. Considering I did that completely cold with 0 warm up I’ll take it all day long.

That's great, but what is this thing you refer to as "warm up"?

38/38- 76 (+4). It was windy so I missed a few more greens than usual but no excuses as I just didn't have it with the short game today.

Debary CC today. 41/43. I started out rough. No warmup which did not help and was super hot. Irons are so smooth and longer thanks to lessons. Greens were in great shape and faster. They have received a lot of rain the past couple of weeks and have done a great job dealing with it. 31 putts. And today’s deal (2) rounds and range balls and a sleeve of Callaway balls for $60. Great deal!

Attachments

• 61385072-0E8C-4626-A036-8953D6EB23EC.jpeg
    61385072-0E8C-4626-A036-8953D6EB23EC.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 0
  • E15AF8A9-6F7B-4B28-BE72-3F8A8679F936.jpeg
    E15AF8A9-6F7B-4B28-BE72-3F8A8679F936.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hitting at least 5 balls :)

I wish I had the luxury of a 5-ball warm up! LOL They are still working on setting up the range by the time we are teeing off. Stretch, stroke a few putts, maybe hit a couple of chips but no chance to hit full swing shots. I amaze myself at times just how well I can hit my first shot of the day with no warm up.

Terrible round by your standards!! Ha-Ha!

We all have days where something is missing in the game and today was one of those days for me. :act-up:

75, 77, 76

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back