What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I hit the range for a warmup, which was much needed, at 9:45. It was pretty cold. Wind was blowing, too! I think the 'real feel' was something like 38.
Teed off at 10:30 and promptly went +1 thru 4. Had some stumbles the rest of the way, and about four putts that were dead in the middle but just stopped rolling a foot out (GGAAHHIHATETHAT!).
I ended up going 42-44 though and after the bad rounds I had last week, wow, I'll take it! My buddies freaked on me a little when I hit hybo on #3 instead of driver, like I have a thousand times before. Turns out I was the only one to par it. Hrmmm. Then I out-drove our best driver twice with 3W. Hit another hybo tee shot towards the end of the round. #Fairways.
[putting was a bit off today, tho]

Glad to hear that your play was better today. Way to cold for me. May get out tomorrow.

Just finished an absolutely crazy round! Was 9 over after a double on 10 and finished up the round with 5 birdies and 3 pars over the last 8 holes. So 43 - 33 - 76 it was. Went from not being able to do anything right to not being able to do anything wrong. Would certainly venture to say that I never had 5 birdies on a 9 before and have probably only had that many in a 18 hole round a handful of times in 35 years of playing.

Wow! Heck of a finish there Sox!

Awesome sox fan, well done buddy!

It was cold today....teed off around 10:30 and I would say it was right around 40 degrees....wind was light, layered up, not bad at all....shot 78, solid ball striking continues

That's a heck of a way to turn around a round Soxfan!

Went out and shot a 78. Even though it was 38 degrees the wind was non existent. Really pleased with my round. Putted out of my mind.

I played yesterday in my clubs Saturday members comp and I shot a PB round of 42 stableford points off a 26hcp, and that was with wiping 2 holes. I was pretty happy with how I played. Sand some really good puts and had some great shots.
My playing partner an I won the 2 ball event too with 58pts.

Shot 79 with the new Srixon sticks, 38-41 and boogied the last 2 coming in both with 5 footers for par...ahhhggggg......golf

42/40-82 in sub 40 degree weather, thank goodness the wind wasn't strong. Short course but you still have to hit shots so very happy with my day!

No playing out of mind mind for 8 holes today, but still a pretty solid 38 - 40 - 78. Chipped in for birdie on #1 then could not really get anything going the rest of the round. The putts that were dropping like crazy yesterday did not show up today.

Played 9 and then had to start the front the again because when we made the turn after an already slow front 9, there were 5 groups (us included) on number 10. I was -2 on 8 tee and hit it OOB left as I was concerned about hitting it OOB right. I probably should have backed off or taken a 3w because I was uncomfortable. I ended up making a double and made a par on 9. Finished up with an even 36. I made 3 pars on the front again before getting rained out. We probably could have powered through it, but it was cold and no one was wanting to play the front again in those conditions.

50 on my home course back nine walking. Have not shot worse than a 46 since I can remember. My irons were an absolute wreck. Really frustrating. On a positive note I did stick a few approaches with my new 52*.

I shot 47-46-93 at maplegate cc in Bellingham, ma which is the best score I've had in a while. It was high 30's out. Just kinda played it safe all day and tried to just keep the ball in play. I feel like the ball wouldn't go anywhere in the cold.

42/41=83
A new PB...and a new best GIR%! (8/18 GIRS, 8/14 FIRs) and for the first time ever, I went out and only shot pars and bogeys...
Admitted, it's winter tee time at our course, so it plays a bit shorter than usual...but a score is a score.

Congrats Olvr! Shorter or not a PB is a PB!

43-35 for a 78. It was a tale of 2 nines...

Oddly enough, my biggest 9-hole differential came 25 years ago at this same course, only reversed. I shot 32-47.

43-35 for a 78. It was a tale of 2 nines...

Oddly enough, my biggest 9-hole differential came 25 years ago at this same course, only reversed. I shot 32-47.
Nice back 9!

42/41=83
A new PB...and a new best GIR%! (8/18 GIRS, 8/14 FIRs) and for the first time ever, I went out and only shot pars and bogeys...
Admitted, it's winter tee time at our course, so it plays a bit shorter than usual...but a score is a score.
Shorter or not, you still gotta make the shots. Congrats!

Nice back 9!

Haha - thanks! I thought my $20 for the rack was going to be a straight donation. I haven't called the pro shop yet today, but hopefully I'll get skins on 17 and 18 and get part of the team money for the back!

38 + 41 for a 79, 38 stableford points
had a chip in eagle from a greenside bunker on a par 4
had a double bogey 5 on a par 3 for no points
cash for the 2
won the sweep for some more cash
won the bottle raffle aswell

Not a bad Sunday

Decided to try a round without pulling a driver. Teed off on all par 4/5 with my 3w. Played pretty well doing it. 83

I played today for the 4th time this year. Shot my worst of the 4 today but I'm not unhappy with my round. I put up a 99 with my other scorecards showing a 89,92, and a 95. I'm just getting back into golf after a long layoff. I had a new driver, 3w, 2h, 52* and a 58* that I've never even played. The irons and putter only have 2-3 rounds with me as well. I hit some great shots and some terrible ones today that resulted in a 7 and 2 8's penciled in. My partner shot a 82 and lipped 4 putts on the back 9 so he was playing really good today. Overall great day. The card shows 1 birdie, 3 pars, 6 bogeys, 5 double bogeys, a triple bogey and 2 quadruple bogeys. My short game from 50-100 was embarrassing. I'd chunk one 15 yards then skull the next one over the green... It was ugly. BUT the good news is I had a blast and hope to be able to get out next Monday and put up a lower score.

Played only 11 holes due to the cold (28 degrees without wind chill factor). Bogeyed some holes, parred about 3, and lost track of a bunch! Played with a good buddy, had one cigar, and was soooo happy to get home, get warm, and have a nice cup of hot coffee!

A Buttload! Not really but felt like it!

Driver was marginal, Irons were mediocre, Chipping was Questionable, and Putter was balky, 41-41 for 82

A Buttload! Not really but felt like it!

Driver was marginal, Irons were mediocre, Chipping was Questionable, and Putter was balky, 41-41 for 82

Ah, but you're lucky enough to be close to the new TopGolf - love that place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back