What did you shoot today?

Started off shaky with 3 bogies on the first 3 holes. Then found the swing and finished 1 over on the next 15 holes for a 39-37-76. Proud of myself for not letting the round go south after that start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost momentum today out there.. After a few great rounds in a row, the week off took its' toll and I ended up with a 37/37 +2 round today.

Way too many bunkers. Way too many approach shots JUST off my line.

Oh well, back at it tomorrow!

37/39 76 on par 72. Two 3 putt bogies on the back nine.

42/42 = 84 with one birdie. I need to shake the pulls with my irons.

85 today ( 40 with a double bogey on par 3 9th and 45 on the back ). Not my finest day. On the plus side I birdied a par 3 where hte flag was 212 yards with a tight 5iron to 3 feet. Then for the rest of the round, I lipped out 6 putts. I am not talking "oh it was within 2" of the hole" kind of lipped putts. I am talking ball drops into the hole, changes directions, and comes out going a different direction. 6 of them......

Oh and I chipped 2 shots off the flag stick. One stayed within 2 feet. The other spun back off the front of the green.

Yeah it was one of those days.

As we were walking off the 9th hole JP commented that 47/37 would be a good recovery for him. I said "why not 47/35 - the first three holes are pretty easy birdies". What did I proceed to do? Just off the back of the 10th in two, lob wedge to 3 feet, birdie. Wedge to 6 feet on 11, birdie. Gap wedge to 6 feet on 12, just caught the edge of the cup, par. Had legitimate birdie putts on 13, 15 and 17 easy pars. Poor drives on 16 and 18 caused the bogeys. First hole? 3 putt bogey. They had sanded the greens and I didn't pick up on it. For the record my PB was a 74, so this is a great score for me.
20200822_173406.jpg

39/43-82 Started off with a birdie on #1 and played decent the entire round. Got a little tired on the back 9 and missed a few putts and got a triple. I think if I could have kept the pace I would have been in the high 70s today.

20200822_190714.jpg

I had some fun today. I've been playing well recently, but I think feeling kind of unexpectedly fresh physically was throwing me off early on. Plus the course was moving like molasses. Finally said screw it and started really swinging. Caught a couple good breaks, made some awesome shots, caught up with one of my dearest friends, and just had a blast. Great day all around.

Last edited:
Had a really fun day playing a new course up in Dawson City, Yukon. Nice little 9-hole layout... 3181 from the blues.

I went 42/40 = 82. I’m happy enough with that!! Now on to cooking a steak over open flame!

81 (40/41) with a triple on 18! *$#@+>!! 18 is tight and I tried to steer one out there in hopes of a par and 78. Didn't finish my swing and punted it OB. 11/14 FIR and 10/18 GIR.

Disappointing 99 after a good start. Ball striking was good but my short game disappeared. Greens were very soft and slow and coming off a few straight rounds on fast greens at Torrey Pines I was leaving everything short here. Still had a blast!

42/38 for an 80 today. The front nine was a bit of a battle, but on the back I fell into a groove. 31 putts and hit 8/14 fairways. Tee game wasn’t as sharp as I’d like, but my irons and/or short game bailed me out.

I shot a 69!

Ok, ok, it was a net 69. Shot an 83 from the tips at Hefner North. Wasn't a great round, but I did finish birdie, birdie. Hit a 5wd to 7' on 17.

42-40-82. Played from the tips at 7000 yards today and that was the first time all season I've been that far. It was an absolute blast. Length didn't get me in trouble at all. A bit of poor striking on two holes and three 3-putts in the last four holes really made my score inflate. I had eight birdie putts and burned the edge or lipped 90 degrees on every one of them. You give me all those putts again and I'd have to actually try to miss all of them. They just weren't dropping today. Back at it at the home course tomorrow morning!

Last edited:
39/44 for 83 this aft. New irons are awesome and for the first round of 18 with them i cannot complain. I had 2 birds on the front but the 2 doubles on the back hurt. 33 total putts today. These greens have a lot of different levels on them and i have 4 one putts! Working hard on my wrist angles to prevent cupping especially on my driver. Trying to keep in more bowed down.

A 2-over, 2-under, even par. Pretty happy with that since I was playing a course I've never played before and it was my first round with a new set of irons, new hybrid, and new driver shaft. Really enjoying the new sticks, although a double bogey on a par-5 really really stung.

38-40-78 +6. Golf is weird. Everything felt really off today and yet I scored decent. I guess I will take lol

Another character building day for me. 78. Played some poor golf the last few rounds. Struggling with the driver for whatever reason. May be because I pulled out the lower back muscle pretty good.

Last edited:
So today I played an easy short course. Went 39-41.... With a Quad and 2 double bogeys :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I swear I wasn't sandbagging I just got hungry on the back 9....

Club Championships this weekend

Saturday - 85
Sunday - 78

44/41, lost a ball in my 18th fairway (started on 17) must have plugged on a very wet Course. Had three people with eyes on the tee shot and all agreed it was either in the fairway or just off.

I needed to birdie the hole to make my quota and took a penalty for the lost ball and made bogie......golf

9 Holes this evening

33 (-2)
3 Birdies and 1 bogey

Finally got out today...first time in 2 months. I was very happy to shot an 88. From tee to green I was pretty good BUT then came the putting. Bad is not the right word. I would say: ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!!!

I did not keep track of how many putts I hit but I would not be surprised if it was 40. I was 0 - 9 on putts from 5 to 7 feet. 0 FOR 9 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬. How is that possible? It was crazy...i just could not buy a putt. Too bad...a decent round could have been a real good round for me. Still nice to get out

Played to a 80 today with 2 birdies. Not a bad day considering that I had a double - double start.

Recovery and opportunistic shots were on the menu. A hooded 6 iron that I turned into a 1 iron from deep in the trees that hooked nicely up to the front edge of a par 4. A cut slice driver on a par 5 from the fairway with trees blocking a straight 2nd shot, and the ball settled in for a easy chip.

Fun day.

Back