What did you shoot today?

43/40 for an 83. 8/18 GIR, 9/13 FW. Iron striking felt as good as I can remember. Need to work on alignment and aim. Still breaking in the new putter and driver. New putter has a much hotter face than the old one.

4/12 FW, 4/18 GIR, 27 putts
43/40 for an 83. 8/18 GIR, 9/13 FW.
I'm still learning the stats and terms. I understand GIR. Can you confirm or clarify FW for me? I am guessing it is the number that you drove from the tee, onto the fairway and only counts the par 4 & 5?

Probably a PB on the back 9 of this course. Two missed fairways with the driver, great contact with irons all day just directionally challenged, no spin on wedges messed up short game, and triple track chrome soft was amazing for putting.
184354c79ad8f27e686ad8dd072a5920.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Probably a PB on the back 9 of this course. Two missed fairways with the driver, great contact with irons all day just directionally challenged, no spin on wedges messed up short game, and triple track chrome soft was amazing for putting.
184354c79ad8f27e686ad8dd072a5920.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Congrats man!

71 (+4)
1 birdie, 5 bogies, with 1 penalty drop

Haven't played here for at least 6 years, enjoyable round. Left a few putts out there so could have been better

Last edited:
Yesterday was a tale of two bones for sure. The front nine was steady & had me in contention. +4...ball striking was on par, putting was stellar minus a three putt. The back nine started off Bogey, birdie, par...what happened next was diabolical...I went bogey, bogey, bogey, double, double, double for +9. Finished +13 taking me out of contention. Just one of those days I can’t figure out where the round went sour...maybe the aggressive line I took that had me taking a penalty stroke.

45-50/95 and that’s all I have to say about that. Couldn’t stay out of trouble, hit a clean shot, or make a putt. Super fun round with a friend I’ve played with before and another friend for the first time.
1600018925228.png

I'm still learning the stats and terms. I understand GIR. Can you confirm or clarify FW for me? I am guessing it is the number that you drove from the tee, onto the fairway and only counts the par 4 & 5?
Correct. It's the number of your tee shots that came to rest on fairways on par 4 and 5 holes. Some will abbreviate it as FIR (Fairways in Regulation) - same thing.

34F19864-7133-45CB-8740-58D68D2175FA.png
PB! The putter was on fire and my 60°, when I’d miss the green, put me in great spots to save par. The only hole that I really made a mistake was 12. I topped two 3w in a row. Still saved bogey with a pretty good putt as well. On both 15 and 16, I missed five footers to save par. It’s crazy how even on a PB, I think about everything I could have done better. It was a great day though and I’m really pumped up!

72 today (38,34). Bogeyed 18 which stinks, but I struck the ball extremely well and the few holes that I didn’t, I made some killer up and downs on. Managed three birds in a row on 14, 15, 16.

Here is the kit for today...

CADA0906-61F8-42E7-B0F5-A9CF04D7A3A2.jpeg

20200913_140334.jpg

Played new irons and different wedges and driver setups today on the apartment course. It was a lot more distance and directionally weird than the card shows, and would have been more of a problem on some others. If I could hit a putt on greens the speed of fairways it would been a few lower still. Fun though. Some of the stuff is going to take some getting used, but the driver switch went really well. Might be something to that. Felt good to get home, play with the wife, and new clubs.

42/41 =83. Lowest round of the year was only from 6000 yards but played well. Had only1 3 putt and 3 double bodies, no penalties. I rarely gamble on golf but was paired up with an older group and they wanted to and even ended winning the match and the money, good day

A bunch - 82. Swing was terrible. An endless array of pull hooks led to double bogeys on 1 and 3 to start off the round. Tacked on another double on 9 for good measure but did manage 2 birdies also on the front 9.

an 84 with 2 birdies and 29 putts. The rough was terrible, left quite a few strikes out there

41/42 for 83 on a super tough course. Had some lucky bounces on a few tee shots that helped a lot Lol. 6 one putts today and very comfortable with the chips and pitches! As usual I have to tighten up the tee game!

81 with three doubles. One thanks to a topper three wood into a penalty area, one from a smoked 6 iron over the back of a green and lost (followed by some crap wedge play) and one thanks to more crap wedge play. I need wedge practice badly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot a 40/40-80 on a 6300y, par 70. Not bad, but could have been better. Two doubles and 6 bogies.

View attachment 8963212
PB! The putter was on fire and my 60°, when I’d miss the green, put me in great spots to save par. The only hole that I really made a mistake was 12. I topped two 3w in a row. Still saved bogey with a pretty good putt as well. On both 15 and 16, I missed five footers to save par. It’s crazy how even on a PB, I think about everything I could have done better. It was a great day though and I’m really pumped up!
That is awesome!!! Congrats on the PB. Another Toulon Chicago user rolling the rock 🤛

41/38=79 FIR= 11/14 GIR= 7/18 Putts= 29 Short game and putting saved me again today. 2/3 on sand saves today also.

The proverbial tale of two nines yesterday....

Started with a double bogey on one of our easiest holes on the course (475yd par 5), followed that up with another double bogey on the 205yd par 3 2nd hole but then hit a par on one of the hardest holes on our course?!?!?
Finished the front 9 with a bogey on another par 5 hole and 3 over my handicap

Back 9 starts with a driveable par 4 of 265yds to a small green with a narrow entrance protected by bunkers and I stuck my 2i to 4ft and made the putt for an eagle, which got me back on track and I played a lot better shooting 3 under my handicap to finish with a nett level par round

Front 9 - 44 (+8)
Back 9 - 37 (+1)
Total - 81

Could have been sub 80 but my tee shot on the 6th hole was too close to the OB tree line and took a bounce left into the trees, so I was 3 off the tee and made a birdie with the second ball to finish the hole with a 5
Definitely starting to see the results of my lesson creeping through with a much better ball flight and my draw making an appearance again

Went out yesterday and was the first group behind a North Texas PGA Junior event. Slow going. My game is still slowly coming back after years away, and I was pleased with how I played. No birdies, 5 pars, and only one triple on a par 3 where I hit my tee shot OB, chunked my 3rd shot, and then 2 putted after playing onto the green. Putting was improved, chipping was much improved with one chip-in and the rest close, and a day where it FINALLY was sub 100 degrees. All in all a good day with a score of 92.

Cheers

Back