What did you shoot today?

40 - 40 = 80

Didn't think I could do this. Definitely didn't think I could do it when I got started today - but here we are. Fresh PB.

Wowsa. Putting was INSANE (and that includes the three lip outs).

View attachment 8962202

Heard a rumor about this on another thread and had to find it.....WELL DONE SIR !

41-46. It started off well enough but turned sketchy on the back nine. I’ll blame it on the weather. Mid 60’s yesterday, mid 40’s today and breezy

Played a course I had never seen today. Got there late and couldn't warm up.
44-33 🤦‍♂️

44/42 = 86. Finally felt like I got my tempo back and was striking the ball better today. 5/12 FW, 8/18 GIR, 34 putts. Had a few good up and downs (including 2 sand saves), and hit the flagstick on a 120 yard blind uphill approach shot. Couldn't see it, but everybody heard the "clank!".

48/44 for a 92. Although I had a few blowup holes, it was a decent round. My last 3 rounds were 95, 92, 92. I can feel breaking 90 soon. Need to work on my long irons for sure though. All in all, great day on the course. Beautiful weather, great laughs, some beers and cigars, and awesome playing partners - what more could you ask for!

Had an up and down day. Shot a 35-41-76. Started off strong but I think I got tired on the back and my score showed it. Played too many days in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was the epitome of "I'd rather be lucky than good." From bouncing over bunkers, blading a wedge that hits the flagstick, to kicking off a tree into the fairway, it was the luckiest round of my life. No bad luck only good and shot an 81. I dont feel good about it, but I'll take it! I did not only have 23 putts lol! I forgot to track some holes.Screenshot_20200907-180757_18Birdies.jpg

Last edited:
42/45 today. My first time out in about 3 weeks after the hip started acting up again. Finally saw a doc last week that agreed to operate. Surgery booked for 11/9, until then we're taking very ginger swings. :oops::oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::cautious: I felt pretty good today, considering.

40 on the front with a 50 on the back. Couldn’t stay in the fairway on the back 9. Took and 8 on a hole because I was stuck in the trees.

33 putts.

Had some good up and downs so I’m not too unhappy.

43/43
Played the back 9 first in a group of 7. 5 duffer's and me and another reasonable player. Took forever.

Made the turn and played front 9 solo in 50 minutes. Front 9 greens were no joke. Mountain course, and most had zero chance of any ball staying on. Putted up hill, past the hole and had ball come back past where it started.

FINALLY I broke par from 7,000 yards! 34/37 = 71(-1) !!!!!!

FINALLY I broke par from 7,000 yards! 34/37 = 71(-1) !!!!!!
I thought you did a week or two ago?? Maybe it was just really close?

Regardless, sounds like you're on fire lately!

Mixed round today

41-39 for a round of 80 including 2 birdies, a double bogey and a triple bogey

9 Holes after work

36 (+1)
1 birdie and 2 bogeys

35 - 36 - 71. 5 birdies, 9 pars and 4 bogeys. Birdied 18 to bring it back into red figures.

First time out at St Johns Country Club, practice round for my tournament on Sat. I played the blue tees @ 6646 yds and really enjoyed the course layout. Greens were tremendously fast as they just held the Club Championship this past weekend. Shot 41 on the front hitting 6/7 FIR w/ 16 putts. The back nine I was lights out hitting 7/7 FIR, 15 putts for a 37. I will take a 78 the first time out on a challenging course.

A very solid day at two-under for the day with 3 birdies and no bogies on the back nine. It was cold(47* when we finished) and rainy so some iron shots were coming up short until I adjusted after the first 5 holes. My putting was as good as it has been all summer so my hard work on the indoor green might be paying off. :)

Played a course I had never seen today. Got there late and couldn't warm up.

This is exactly how my round started (although my calibre is a little lower...)
Front 9: 56 with 22 putts. Not good...
Back 9: 47 with 21 putts. Happy with my Tee and fairway but gotta get the putt game going!

Last edited:
35 - 38 - 73. 14 really good holes and 4 really bad holes. The 3 bogeys and 1 double were so poorly played that I had to one putt each of those holes to achieve those scores. 4 birdies, 10 pars, 3 bogeys and 1 double.

20200910_175108.jpg

I knew it was a good round, but seeing the card surprised me a bit. I blew it on 18, but the green I missed on 5 was by like 2'. I was 15' from the pin. I don't think I've ever been that close to running the card all green before. Crazy.

Anyway. Tournament pins and greens and lots of fun!!! I posted some of the pins in Live Round. They were tough. Wind wasn't bad though, which is rare there. Had zero warmup swings to make they only time they would give us, but started off good. Second time I've birdied #1 recently without warming up. :unsure:. Just a real good round. Did some of everything well and survived my only real hiccup on 18. Sailed one right off the tee nearly OB and then had trouble getting out of trouble until I hit a GW to about 3 ft for a par putt. First time I've shot below net par in what feels like forever, and I love a bogey free round. With the setup it felt like one of my best overall in a long time. I'm back to AR tomorrow so good one to end on in NE!

Last edited:
42 and 44 for 86. Not bad but not happy. 5 over on the front it’s been a while since I’ve done that. The back is the easier side and I’m usually 2 strokes better on the back. Well not today, golf happened. ;)

Back