What did you shoot today?

Shot a 45/39/84 Front 9 was going pretty good until 8&9 when I three putted both. On 8 I had a twelve ft putt, left it 6 inches short and it started rolling back to my feet. Rolled the next putt 8 inches above the hole, stops and starts rolling back towards me again. Finally drained the third putt. Then repeated that on the ninth hole. Tough hole placements.
Back nine was much better. Greens are a little flatter. Also had my best Driving day so far this year. Last four rounds have been a roller coaster ride. 79/84/90/84

Stupid game. 33 - 40 - 73. Could basically do no wrong on the front 9 then it all went to crap on the back. 4 birdies, 9 pars and 5 bogeys.

Stupid game. 33 - 40 - 73. Could basically do no wrong on the front 9 then it all went to crap on the back. 4 birdies, 9 pars and 5 bogeys.
very respectful scoring there. I have not broken the 80 threshold for some time, but my lowest is still 78. Still hopeful though.

Screenshot_20210120-135643_Chrome.jpg

Quick spin of a bunch of new stuff. 2 drivers, 1 FW, 2 hybrids, 2 7i's, 2 PW's, 1 SW, 1 putter, 2 hours, and some crazy fun where we were down to 3 balls and 1 tee between the two of us.

46/37 for an 83 on a cold, slightly rainy morning. Truly a tale of two nines. We skipped holes 7-10 to get around the women's league, and I played holes 11-18 even par (1 birdie, 6 pars, 1 bogey). Came back around to finish 7-10 and I went bogey, bogey, bogey, double on those last four holes. :mad: Finished +9 on the front, +2 on the back. 9/12 FIR, 6/18 GIR, 28 putts. The putter was en fuego today - one 3 putt, 7 one putts, one zero putt (saved par from the fringe).

Funny - when we skipped past the women's league, there was an older foursome of two couples ("older" being relative - I'm the only one under 65 in my foursome) who had just teed off on #10 when we came around. They gave us some huge angry glares as we drove past them, as if we were going to be in their way. We drove up to 11, teed off, played 11, 12 and were on the green on 13 before they got to the 11th green. :ROFLMAO: As we were teeing off on #17, I saw them just walking up to the 14th tee.

39 - 36 - 75. Struggled with ball striking much of the round (low pull hooks mainly) but the putter saved me on 6 - 10 foot par putts several times. 3 birdies, 9 pars and 6 bogeys.

32/36 on 6500 71.7/135/72. Slow start, made some adjustments and got going good, completely ran out of steam and survived some bad with good greenside work. Body is beat, but I have an obligation thing tomorrow so need to avoid the fatigue shanks for one more day.

Personal best 73 yesterday (35-38)!

3 birdies (back to back to back)
11 pars
2 bogeys
2 doubles 🤬

Had my lesson yesterday and this will take some time. Did a pretty drastic change on my iron swing so I could .get more negative angle of attack and work on club face control. Shot a 42 with 6 bogies and 3 pars. The good news is the ball was going much straighter and more controlled. The bad news is I didn’t make great contact other than a couple of holes. But I suppose that will come with time and more lessons. Overall happy with the change. Just will take some time to figure it all out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

40/42 for an 82. 8/12 FIR, 7/18 GIR, 33 putts. I was the beneficiary of a couple lucky bounces, but I'm not one to question the golf gods - I'll gladly take them when I get them, it makes up for some of the bad ones at other times! :LOL: As the saying goes, "it's a scorecard, not a postcard".

40/42 for an 82. 8/12 FIR, 7/18 GIR, 33 putts. I was the beneficiary of a couple lucky bounces, but I'm not one to question the golf gods - I'll gladly take them when I get them, it makes up for some of the bad ones at other times! :LOL: As the saying goes, "it's a scorecard, not a postcard".
Good round. Seems like you've been trending in a good direction lately.

85 today. Very windy. Was struggling as fairways were spongy yet tight. Was a good walk though.

We had a little respite from winter. Snow is on the way tonight, but I got in a round this afternoon. 34/38 for an even par 72. 7/14 fairways. 12 GIR. 31 putts. 3 birds, an eagle and 5 bogies. I carried my bag and in the 42-ish degree weather, I was so stiff on the last three holes that it cost me a couple of bogies and missed out on breaking par.

Shot 38-36= 74 at Tobacco Road today . First time seeing the course, and should of taken a Sherpa (if you ever played it, you will know what I mean), Then swung by Pinehurst and played the Cradle.

Tomorrow Sea Island Plantation course.

Shot 38-36= 74 at Tobacco Road today . First time seeing the course, and should of taken a Sherpa (if you ever played it, you will know what I mean), Then swung by Pinehurst and played the Cradle.

Tomorrow Sea Island Plantation course.

Agreed. It’s insane how that course needs to be navigated. 16 is wonderful

Last edited:
48/48 - 96. 133 slope. Course was really tough. Had a Dr. Jeckyl Mr Hyde round. Had a birdie and 5 pars. But also a couple triples.

39 - 38 - 77 on a very wet and muddy track. Making good contact out of the fairway or rough was a bit of a challenge on numerous shots. 1 birdie, 12 pars, 4 bogeys and 1 double.

Played a par 63. Shot a 40/36 - 76. Definitely easier than what I played yesterday. Didn't play near as well and was +13 differential vs +26.

82, 45 37. the front was just abysmal. i lost so many balls off the tee, most with driver hooks. but i played better on the back. 3 birds, a trip and a bogey. missed two other birdie putts inside 4’ so it could have been better. something has to change off the tee because it’s not fun to have zero confidence.

82, 45 37. the front was just abysmal. i lost so many balls off the tee, most with driver hooks. but i played better on the back. 3 birds, a trip and a bogey. missed two other birdie putts inside 4’ so it could have been better. something has to change off the tee because it’s not fun to have zero confidence.
Heck of a back nine! 🔥 Carry that momentum into the next round!

39/35 - 74 on par 70. Driver did not cooperate. Had some birdies and there was one double.

Broke 100 twice in a row for the first time last week (97, 98), extended the streak to 4 with an 88 and 92 this weekend (all 4 on different courses). I am certain I will have a bad day one of these times but it sure feels like the 100+ days are behind me, confidence is high.

Back