What did you shoot today?

Played yesterday in drizzle and a wet track on a course I had played in 20 years ago. Shot a 86, no roll. Starting to get a feel for the new G710's and G53 Max, Felt like I could have broken 80, wet chipping and missed putts was my demise.

No clue - I didn't keep score. This was the first time I swung a club in a month. There was no pencil on the cart, either, which was surely a sign, right?!?

It was a mix of good (driver, 4-iron), bad (long putts), and ugly (irons and wedges were a nightmare).

I put the SZ 4-iron in for fun, and fun it was. It might knock a hybrid out of the bag.

My swing path is so bad right now.

New personal best. 77 (+5). I’ve shot 77 twice before, but both were +6.

Even on the front (2 birdies, 2 bogeys)

Even thru 11, +1 thru 14.

Sun sat below the trees, got down to around 38-40. Played the last 4 at +4 (bogey, bogey, double, par). Not happy with how I finished. Could blame it on the cold, but should’ve found a way to push through.

But overall, great day with some great shots and really good play. It’s supposed to rain for 4 straight days starting today, so glad I got this round in!

New personal best. 77 (+5). I’ve shot 77 twice before, but both were +6.

Even on the front (2 birdies, 2 bogeys)

Even thru 11, +1 thru 14.

Sun sat below the trees, got down to around 38-40. Played the last 4 at +4 (bogey, bogey, double, par). Not happy with how I finished. Could blame it on the cold, but should’ve found a way to push through.

But overall, great day with some great shots and really good play. It’s supposed to rain for 4 straight days starting today, so glad I got this round in!
Congratulations!! Great round, and shows there's still more potential there for future ones.

Screenshot_20210125-175611_Chrome.jpg

Mama Nature turned off the flooding in time to run out for a sloshy round. Planned on just playing 9 to keep my hands loose with all the house work, and had it basically to ourselves so ran through a full round quick. Better than I thought it would be considering the course and body conditions. Played the KING Tour and they were good. Wedges were stellar and took a lot of pressure off. Good break.

Great day to walk Riviera up in Ormond Beach. Sunny and 78. Shot 85 for first round of the year. Haven’t played in almost 6 weeks and it showed. Fast greens made it a fun day, despite my horrible short game C0B85A13-A28E-4ADB-A9F7-EF5BCA17ECB6.jpeg

shot a 92...it was underwhelming.

36 - 40 - 76 yesterday in some serious wind. Finished putting out on 12 and looked turned toward my push off to the side of the green and it was gone. The wind had blown it about 35 yards away on pretty flat ground. Luckily it took a little right into a bush to stop it. 1 eagle (chip in), 1 birdie, 9 pars and 7 bogeys.

46/41 = 87. Went straight to the first tee without even swinging a club and the first four holes were bogey, double, double, double, with three penalty strokes. Hard to recover when you dig a hole that deep right from the start. I was just happy that I kept it under 90.

so i went +9 over 9...but i did a thing...but i'm conflicted...technically, i hit 100% of my fairways...the actuals are: hole 1 - hit a worm burner off the tee about 180yds. hole 3 - faded into a tree that deflected the ball back onto the fairway for about 160yds total. i mean, technically, all finished on the fairway...right? feels wrong :LOL:

so i went +9 over 9...but i did a thing...but i'm conflicted...technically, i hit 100% of my fairways...the actuals are: hole 1 - hit a worm burner off the tee about 180yds. hole 3 - faded into a tree that deflected the ball back onto the fairway for about 160yds total. i mean, technically, all finished on the fairway...right? feels wrong :LOL:
I don't think the stats care how it got there, just that it got there. :golf2:

39 - 37 - 76. Getting tired of playing in mud but have a feeling it is going to be that way for another couple of months. 2 birdies, 11 pars, 4 bogeys and 1 double.

Always remember this - "It's a scorecard, not a postcard!" ;)

Got out between rain in NCAL. 87, really disappointing on lost strokes. Greens were wet and slow, or semidry and much faster. Too many 3 putts, and a couple of chunked chips. cart path only, path on right. playing up the next fairway on the right made for some long walks. The one time I didn't like single person carts.

I was able to get down to Southwest Florida last week and play two rounds after not playing since about September. It was really bad, like I hadn't played golf in years, I shot a 96 and 99. I think I made two pars in 36 holes of golf. After playing such great golf early last summer this is very depressing to see the direction my game has taken last fall and early this year. I'm headed back down to Florida for another week, hopefully my game will be a little better.

I was able to get down to Southwest Florida last week and play two rounds after not playing since about September. It was really bad, like I hadn't played golf in years, I shot a 96 and 99. I think I made two pars in 36 holes of golf. After playing such great golf early last summer this is very depressing to see the direction my game has taken last fall and early this year. I'm headed back down to Florida for another week, hopefully my game will be a little better.
Which courses did you play? FL golf can be tough on a scorecard. Wayward shots typically result in penalties because of water, lost ball, or the jungle.

Which courses did you play? FL golf can be tough on a scorecard. Wayward shots typically result in penalties because of water, lost ball, or the jungle.
My dad is a member of Cypress Lake in fort Myers so I played one round there and another round at raptor Bay. I will say the greens at Cypress lake were probably the hardest and fastest that I've ever played anywhere

The ricochet is just a bad hop from the past coming back around, but there is are a couple grint buttons that get underused.

20210129_084602.jpg

Especially the 'short' one. My wife sometimes decides it doesn't even exist. :LOL:

The ricochet is just a bad hop from the past coming back around, but there is are a couple grint buttons that get underused.

View attachment 8990857

Especially the 'short' one. My wife sometimes decides it doesn't even exist. :LOL:

I have begrudgingly used that "short" button a few times...but that's my journey :ROFLMAO:....

I have begrudgingly used that "short" button a few times...but that's my journey :ROFLMAO:....
It takes some strength. A buddy recently started tracking everything and he's hilarious out there with stuff like 'you'd call that more left than short, right?' :LOL:

That one round in 10 years playing where everything goes your way. Guess it can happen after all. Played the short but tight muni by my house.

1FF0E062-A3FC-454F-A190-ADA596E10488.jpeg

My score is the bottom (OT). The handful of you that have played with me will rightly wonder how on Earth I shot under par. Blind squirrel finding a nut

That one round in 10 years playing where everything goes your way. Guess it can happen after all. Played the short but tight muni by my house.

View attachment 8990972

My score is the bottom (OT). The handful of you that have played with me will rightly wonder how on Earth I shot under par. Blind squirrel finding a nut
Awesome!!!!!!! Great round.

45/46 for a 91, with rain on the first 7 or 8 holes and then 20 mph winds after the rain stopped. One of those days where nothing was working particularly well, hit some good shots and some real stinkers.

Not many other people wanted to brave it, so we never saw another group on the course all day. Playing as a twosome we finished in 2:45 without even pushing hard.

Last edited:
38 - 39 - 77. 1 birdie, 11 pars and 6 bogeys.

Back