What did you shoot today?

Repeat of yesterday, 41/40 but only had 25 putts. Short game and putting saved the round for sure.

Shot 76 today about 6200 yards. It was 42* and overcast with not much wind so it was pretty comfortable. I was even par through 10 then got a bit sloppy coming in. The greens still have holes from the fall aeration and a fair amount of sand on them. Overall I hit it quite well for February.

-6, but it was simulator golf, and the SIMs at our club always play a lot easier than the real thing. I did have my first ever virtual albatross on the first hole, lol.

43 on my local 9. 37 and under is my goal on this course. So it wasn’t a good round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played my first 18 today. 15-20 mph winds half the round so the course wasn’t more wet than it was yesterday even with a couple inches of rain in the morning However got up to 65 today so 95% of the snow is gone at this point. Overcast and as mentioned windy so not perfect conditions but amazing for the last day of February.

Shot a very unfortunate 47 on the front 9 that I shot 43 on just a day before. The holes into the wind were brutal, and I had a two hole driver malfunction that I had to adjust mid round. Didn’t hit any putts all day really.

back 9 shot a 42, settled down and got dialed in from 200 in. Finished with 4 straight pars, with 2 looks from inside 10 feet. Just couldn’t hit any putts. Also had two holes where I was inches from chipping in. Very close to being a sub 40 round. Good and bad but feeling great for my first golf in a few months. Most importantly I had a blast and am in a great mood for this week.

46/50 - 96
Easy course, but brutal wind. Beautiful view though from Montego Bay.
c1cf01200454963902da1312b965d31d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

42/43 for an 85. And my putting is killing me right now, it's like I can't read a green all of a sudden over the last couple rounds. My distance is still good, but I'm offline, even missing short putts that should be no-brainers. Guess I'll be spending a little more time practicing and see if I can work it out.

Screenshot_20210301-221540_TheGrint.jpg

It was a play in 3 parts.

Act 1: Surprise & Hope
Act 2:. No Glory Without Struggle
Act 3:. No Glory, Period.

Upper 40's and beyond squishy. The whole thing was a mess, and so was I after a good start. How I went from bombing a 320 3W on the first tee and a tap in birdie to duffing a greenside chip on 18 for bogey I'm not sure I even want to know. Everything felt wrong by the end. I was glad to get out of there. Took a shower and cleaned the mud off. Hopefully a good night's sleep will wash away the memories.

Last edited:
I had a rough day. Was playing as good of golf as I've played, having par putts nearly every hole on the front nine and converting on a couple. Got the yips on the back 9 with the putter and lost control of a couple driver shots.

42/52, with 7 3-putts (5 on back 9). Ouch.

First round yesterday at Puerto Los Cabos. We clearly squeezed in too much and were literally running from the airport, customs, the Secrets resort and then to the golf course. There literally was no time even to loosen up and I paid the price, going double and bogie on my first two holes. I settled down, but shot 5 over on the front. I then got it going and was even on the back until hitting a wayward drive on 17 to double the hole. Ultimately shot 2 over on the back for a 79. I am hoping for a better scoring round today.

Walked 9 and shot a 39 with a double, 2 bogies, and a birdie. Got to stop the mental mistakes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

44/42 for an 86. I was plugging along nicely at +2 after the first 6 holes, then went into one of my patches where I suddenly forget how to swing a club - the next 4 holes were double, double, bogey, triple. Then played holes 11-18 in +4. So except for 4 holes, it was a decent round of golf. Nice sunny warm 72 degrees, and right after we finished it started blowing 25 mph - perfect timing!

43/40 for an 83. greens really putted different from last week. 2 stroke penalty didnt help, nor did the aerated fairways with plugs everywhere

Played a nice, long par 3 nine-hole course today (holes of 285, 240, 170, etc). Played pretty consistent for me. Found my putting stroke that I've been missing the last 3 times out, but didn't give some of my birdie putts a chance.

Shot a +7, 35 (the 280 hole is par 4) and that was with +4 coming from two double bogeys -- picked one clean out of a greenside bunker 40 yards past the flag and 3 putted another on a treacherous green.

81 today. Course was a little drier but still soggy. Did get some roll today though. Hit a lot of good shots just not much in short game came through. Driver working well.

Net par on a 71.7/135 with 17 fairways and 17 greens. Felt nice after a tough finish to the previous round, and that was the goal, so that was good. Buddy played well too, considering he's not a big or high ball hitter and it was constant plugs. 67 and sunny. I'd take some more of that.

My third and last round in Cabos led to a better score. 38/38 for a 76. The lightening fast Bermuda greens still laughed at me. I had quite a few birdie looks, but had only one birdie and 35 putts. What a fun time, though...

45/42 = 87. Had a decent putting day (29 putts) and a decent driving day (8/12 FW, including all 6 on the back), but wasted sooo many strokes on errant iron shots after the drives. Beautiful weather though, and the course was wide open except one foursome who let us play through on #4 - we finished 18 holes (as a twosome) in 2:25.

Screenshot_20210305-190514_TheGrint.jpg

Been bouncing between good and bad rounds a little more than usual, so it was good to build on a good round the previous time out. Had a chance to blow the cover off this one but last hole was a disaster. Took the tee shot for a swim, then re-teed and knocked it to about 10', and missed the bogey save on a bad misread. Really liking the Apex Pro long irons, and was dropping MB short irons and wedges on the pins all day. MG2's on fire - 100yd approach to 2 inches, 50yd tricky one late nearly holed, and did hole a 28yd bunker shot. Bounced between the new TP5 and TP5x balls and interestingly, when I was in the tricky spots it seemed to always be the x I was looking down at. Despite wishing I wasn't a couple of the times, they were great. Got rained on a bit, didn't get near as warm as forecasted, but my buddy played alright and we had some laughs with his kid tagging along.

Edit: Oh, and thanks to @Snowman I just checked the time. 3:10 is really good for around here. :)

Last edited:
45/42 = 87. Had a decent putting day (29 putts) and a decent driving day (8/12 FW, including all 6 on the back), but wasted sooo many strokes on errant iron shots after the drives. Beautiful weather though, and the course was wide open except one foursome who let us play through on #4 - we finished 18 holes (as a twosome) in 2:25.
Damn, that is smoking fast for a good weather day!! Only time we can pull that off is when it's nearly unbearable out. And then you have to practically sprint to beat the cart path only. Love it!

Damn, that is smoking fast for a good weather day!! Only time we can pull that off is when it's nearly unbearable out. And then you have to practically sprint to beat the cart path only. Love it!
We got lucky today - a couple dew sweepers went out at first light and were way ahead of us, and that one foursome was the only other group we had to get through. It was plenty crowded later, but we timed it perfectly for a nice, fast round!

We weren’t so lucky on Wednesday - got stuck behind a league and it was slow as molasses. Some days you’re the dog, some days you’re the hydrant! 😄

Last edited:
First round of the year, 82 (42-40). Par 70.

Eight fairways, five greens. One birdie, two doubles, six pars, nine bogeys,.

Back