What did you shoot today?

Went around the local 9 hole course today. Twice from the middle tees at 43 and 40, then once from the forward tees with a 37. Last nine had four birdies on 3, 7, 8 & 9. Drove the green on 3 and ended up with a tap in bird. It's definitely coming together.

79 today. It was a tough day with 15+ mph winds and intermittent rain. I was overall pretty solid except for two doubles one of which involved a 4 putt. I had 18 feet uphill for birdie and ran it 4 feet by. Not a good spot to leave it I dribbled it down the hill and it ran 6 feet past missing the come back. The winds are opposite of the normal winds which makes our first two holes pretty much par 5s.

I am feeling a bit better over the ball right now I just need to shake out a bit of looseness and I feel a decent round in me.

A +2 72. So close to going really low. Greens were really slow and I left about 5 birdies putts short for kick in pars. 3 birdies and 5 bogeys. No doubles. I played absolutely awful yesterday. Golf always wins.

Shot an 80 on 16 holes and had to leave early because the pace of play was just too slow.
:mad::mad:

I need to get better at keeping my rhythm when I’m waiting 10 min to hit every next shot.

brightside is I was trying to break 100 not even a month and a half ago and now I’m upset if I don’t break 90?

40/46 - 86 at Arizona National GC. Good comeback after the Debacle at Starr Pass…lol Driver was much better, irons were decent, but my hybrids and bunker play were horrific.

An 88 today. Frustrating outcome considering how well I was striking the ball. I hit some absolute darts of wedges. Just a couple loose balls off the tee and a few lazy three putts kept me from low 80's. Gotta do a better job of focusing on every shot, even the ones that seem straight-forward.

Pulled out a 3 & 2 after getting in trouble right off the first tee and being down in a blink. Going -6 over a 6 holes stretch helped turn the tide pretty fast. lol Steady on after that. Large part thanks to timely driving and some stellar long iron play.

Snuck out again later and lost a friendly on the last hole despite a real decent round. Was pin hunting on 18 and missed clearing a bunker by about 4 inches. That's where it stuck. Deep. haha

It was a fun day. Ready to go red, white, and blue once more tomorrow, with family this time.

The greens keeper either was hungover or the wife/girlfriend had cut him off. That is the only way to explain every pin either tucked behind a bunker, 3 ft from the edge of the green, or right on the edge of a ridge. I have never had so many 3 putts in my life. Pity because I was hitting driver and irons better than I ever have. Played about as well as I can until I hit the greens. Lol. I hope the greens keeper gets "lucky" before my next round.
Screenshot_20210704-102205_18Birdies.jpg

Back home….went 43-41 (par 70). Much different style than the courses just played in Myrtle just an average round for up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
41-37-78. The second day in a row that I’ve shot the exact same scores on the front and back (different courses though). So I’m consistent but there have been some bad misses that led to bad holes. Trending in the right direction though!

44/40 for an 84 yesterday, but it felt more like a 94. 7/12 FW, 9/18 GIR, 33 putts with one 3-putt. 8 pars, 8 bogeys and 2 doubles.

82 today. The good feelings from yesterday were absent. Started with a pulled drive into the rough, had to lay up then missed the green with a wedge to make double. I just didn’t have a lot of confidence over the ball from the range through the whole round. I shot 82 on a much easier weather day than yesterday and I missed a bunch of 6-8 footers. Just a frustrating day overall.

Last edited:
38/40=78 12 FIR 10 GIR and 34 putts. Proximity to the hole wasn't great but the lag putts where spot on so I'll take it. Problem was the short game was a bit rough today, every green I missed I bogeyed. 2 birdies helped for sure.

38 - 39 - 77. Game wasn't really sharp today but still managed to score ok. 1 birdie, 12 pars, 4 bogeys and 1 double.

42/2 for 84 today. The positives are I had 2 birds and a good amount of pars. I had 3 doubles today that were caused by tee shots going left. I will be working on that Tuesday with my instructor. Not a hook at all just a straight line left. Putting was pretty solid with only 1 three putt. Will be back out tomorrow.

New PR on my home course.

36/39 - 75. 2 birdies, 11 pars and 5 bogeys. I was even on the 15 tee box. Putter started hot but went cold when I started thinking about my score. Finished with bogeys on 3 of the last 4 holes including a 5 footer on #18 for 74. Tough conditions with temps in the low 90s with wind in the low 20s (mph).

Good run this weekend and I'll be back out there tomorrow for the 5th consecutive day. Dropped index 1.7 strokes since Thursday.

New PR on my home course.

36/39 - 75. 2 birdies, 11 pars and 5 bogeys. I was even on the 15 tee box. Putter started hot but went cold when I started thinking about my score. Finished with bogeys on 3 of the last 4 holes including a 5 footer on #18 for 74. Tough conditions with temps in the low 90s with wind in the low 20s (mph).

Good run this weekend and I'll be back out there tomorrow for the 5th consecutive day. Dropped index 1.7 strokes since Thursday.

Congrats man!

Shot a 70 today from a 7053, 73.7, something... Doubled the 2nd hole thanks to a disappearing ball, got one back on 4, and hung tight until 10. Then birdied 4 of the next 5, including a 243 yard par 3 with a smoking 5i in. Bogey on 16 on my third lip out of the day, and that was the end of the highlights. 18th is a par 5, which I would normally hope to get one on to finish, but it might be the toughest par 5 I've seen in a while. Especially today. It's uphill, and straight into the wind today, with tons of bunker trouble throughout and a real tough green. If you're having a bad round I think it'd be plenty to make you want to be done for the day. Lol

Played the TCB's after letting someone borrow them yesterday, and they were great. Driver game was a little off after 36 yesterday, but irons were exceptional. Fun day with my wife's family, just over 4hrs, and a happy 4th!

Shot a 70 today from a 7053, 73.7, something... Doubled the 2nd hole thanks to a disappearing ball, got one back on 4, and hung tight until 10. Then birdied 4 of the next 5, including a 243 yard par 3 with a smoking 5i in. Bogey on 16 on my third lip out of the day, and that was the end of the highlights. 18th is a par 5, which I would normally hope to get one on to finish, but it might be the toughest par 5 I've seen in a while. Especially today. It's uphill, and straight into the wind today, with tons of bunker trouble throughout and a real tough green. If you're having a bad round I think it'd be plenty to make you want to be done for the day. Lol

Played the TCB's after letting someone borrow them yesterday, and they were great. Driver game was a little off after 36 yesterday, but irons were exceptional. Fun day with my wife's family, just over 4hrs, and a happy 4th!

DFW course?

DFW course?
Yeah, Rockwood. Nothing special but seemed decent enough. Good mix of people on a holiday, and playable for different levels. Everywhere seems to still be fighting greens repairs here from the winter storm though.

Yeah, Rockwood. Nothing special but seemed decent enough. Good mix of people on a holiday, and playable for different levels. Everywhere seems to still be fighting greens repairs here from the winter storm though.

Solid course but haven’t played in over a year. Old member cookie plays there every weekend, first off. Fun track.

88 yesterday with 4 doubles. I have to eliminate the doubles. A couple errant tee shots and a couple of three putts were the culprits.

82 yesterday with a double bogey and 3 three putts (nett 1 over par)

Being a club major, there were some tricky pin positions..... some close to slopes and others tucked behind bunkers, so it was tough out there at times, although the winning score was a nett 8 under par so I had no chance of getting near that unless I shot a PB

Back