What did you shoot today?

95 on the first 18. Second 18 I got to play the Tournament course and shot a 94. Some great holes and some not so great holes. Think I even managed a bit of a sun burn shorts and polo after the first 9 great February day D5617E9E-336E-43A4-BF68-2B17A16B1B6E.jpeg2F22741A-BEBA-439A-A0FF-774EF2A38E7E.jpeg

85, 44/41with 32 putts. Played Boulder Creek in Boulder City, NV. Nice wide open course, but the shrubs are beginning to catch up with it.

Wind was a bit of an issue, and it was a little on the cool side. Not bad though.

Played with my cousin today. He's a fine golfer, who has put alot of effort into his game. Most of my game, I learned from him. He beat me by 7 strokes with a 78. Not bad for a 70 year old.

My shot of the day was a 180 yard 3W off the deck, to about 5 feet of the pin. Made the putt for a bird, and a $16 skin. This was one of my better shots so far this year. I have my moments.

Also made a few other nice putts...very few.

95 on the first 18. Second 18 I got to play the Tournament course and shot a 94. Some great holes and some not so great holes. Think I even managed a bit of a sun burn shorts and polo after the first 9 great February day View attachment 8928525View attachment 8928526
Nice photos!

At my cap, I would definitely settle for a 95 and if I could make that consistent at this point in my game....yes, happy I would be.

Nice photos!

At my cap, I would definitely settle for a 95 and if I could make that consistent at this point in my game....yes, happy I would be.
I was a bit frustrated at the first round. Started out with 20 strokes on the first 3 holes. Happy to finish with 95 after that start. The second 18 I was happy with for the most part. Couple blow up holes but it is also a much harder course. My best scores come when I can control the bad holes and keep them manageable. Overall I’m hovering around my cap with those scores. Today I may approach my game a bit different and see if I can have a better round.

My best scores come when I can control the bad holes and keep them manageable.
I have found this is huge for me. The last couple of rounds I played I managed to keep my bad holes minimized which felt great. I even had an OOB and I was able to think through and save the hole keeping it from being a blow up hole.

shot 7 over on the local 9 hole.

Shot 89, one birdie, several blow up holes.

43/44 pretty typical but new course and pretty windy

I shot a 6 over 77 today. I was 1 over after 11 and 2 over after 13, when the wheels kind of came off for a few holes. I definitely felt stiff towards the end of the round in the cold weather, but I think my game is in pretty good shape coming out of winter.

42/39 for an 81. Tied my personal best again today. Hopefully I can get over the hump this year.

40/42 with 29 putts today. Started out really strong, but then seemed that the swing got lazy and kind fell apart. I'm just happy to be golfing in February.

idk because I had to wagon wheel 3 holes (I asked before I did it) to let the three 4-somes in front of me get far enough ahead to let me play...I still wound up catching up, then just called it a day after 12 ?...

edit: I must say that 19 BB 3H is TRULY a distance monster...

Last edited:
I shot a 4 over 75, 3 over on the front and 1 over on the back.

41/45=86
Just can't seem to break 85!

38 - 50 = 88 with 3 birdies and 14 white claws

1582559460852.png

The Sim LA Classic Playoff WEB - shot 74 with an eagle on the sim at LA country club.

We have singles this week for our Rider cup event. Playing pretty good, so hopefully can keep it up.

37 - 39 - 76 in very windy conditions. Probably the most solid round I have played in a couple of months. 1 birdie, 3 bogeys and 1 double.

Shot 93 on the course I play most frequently: Chianan CC in Tainan, Taiwan. 48 front, 45 back. Score-wise about what is expected. Nothing went the way I wanted to. Crappy off the tee, crappy irons, crappy putting. Could not hit anything in the middle of the face. Botched the par 3s in particular: 1 triple bogey, 2 bogeys and 1 par.

Silver lining: I hit everything up in the air, no chunked irons, and only one penalty due to pulling a 4 irons in the lateral pond. Got lucky, too: A wayward tee shot bounced off a tree out in the OB area back onto the fairway. Most difficult hole on the course, too, so I escape with a 5 instead of 7 or possibly 8.

Sunday I shot 91. Had both a 9 and an 8 on front nine. Super awesome. Did have short par 5 uphill 440yds, on in 2 almost made the eagle putt, tap in birdie.

Back