What did you shoot today?

43-39 today with no warmup. Slow start with a couple double bogeys in the first 3 holes Then I settled into my swing and it was smooth sailing. 3 putted A couple holes on the back or could have shot even on the backside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 + 45 = 95 at a course I've never played. The greens tended to be small and fast. I don't know how many short game shots I hit the way I wanted but still ran through the green. In addition, I had this tee shot on a short par 4, and it went right by the hole. I missed the eagle putt by about half a ball rotation.

Attachments

• 20220927_163714.jpg
    20220927_163714.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 3
Played Carrington Golf Club in Monroe, MI today.....one of my favorite courses and one I usually play pretty well.
NOT TODAY though....soft fairways, 20 mph winds, and cold (50 degrees when we started and maybe high 50's when we finished). Tougher than usual conditions, and I didn't handle it well.....44-40-84 with 38 putts and only got it
up and down successfully 3 of 10 times. To make matters worse, one of the guys I play with made FIVE &%$&*
birdies and shot 75. Not fun watching all those putts rolling in when I made NOTHING.....! Back to the drawing
board.....my old Rossie II earned a time out after this round...... :(

-1 with another day of solid putting. :)

Our course has been under major construction since late June with new/rebuilt tee boxes on 13 holes and two of the new tee boxes opened up today. This one was just sodded a few weeks ago.

26CF6AA6-F4AD-47D2-9A12-2D35E6FE2D18.jpeg

Played pretty well today. Shot a 36-35-71. I tend to “hold onto” my driver and thus don’t release it and hit poor tee shots. Today I focused on releasing it and boy oh boy the results were awesome. Piped every drive minus 2. And those were not terrible. Just a slight push and a slight pull.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

42 (+6) yesterday. Only 3/7 fairways and 1 GIR. Two 3-putts and one 0-putt.

I finally missed a fairway to the right with the TSR 3W; it was a skunky swing.

Of the 5 driver swings, I pulled 3 of them left, but 2 were still playable.

Outside of the holed-out SW for birdie on #3, the rest of my wedge play was poor. Missing greens, and then leaving yourself 20+ feet for par is not ideal.

39/36 75. 9 of 14 fairways 34 putts

All pars on the back 9

May have been the best round I played all year. Only missed 2 shots on a 182 yard par 3 that was a double, otherwise it was point and shoot all day

6AEBE92A-9EEE-4161-BAD5-F51FD7F04F24.jpeg

Last edited:
44/38 for an 82. 8/14 FW, 7/18 GIR, 30 putts. Tee game was hot and cold, short game and putter were working well and saved my bacon a few times.

50 frt 9. Plugged and sanded greens. So darn fast I 3 putted several times

2 over for 9 holes. Slow round finishing as it was dark but did meet Tony Finau in the parking lot after so that was pretty cool.

76 on a par 70. 40/36
Lost a ball in the 2 inch deep Bermuda rough on #1, made bogey. OB Left on #3 made double. No warm up. After about 5 holes started hitting it better.
Unplayable lie on #17, up and down for bogey.
Highlights were a 4hy from 178 in the middle of a monsoon squall to about 15ft on #9 ( left the birdie short in the heart) and PW to a foot on #16.
3 birdies and and a bunch of pars. Slow, very imperfect greens. I'll be glad when the weather cools down, and we get back to some smoother surfaces at the munis.
First time walking 18 in a while, happy I didn't lose my swing on the back nine, back got tight and I got a blister on my toe from my sock.
Play again Friday....

Last edited:
it's so hard to break 80... things have to be perfect... played well but can't up short 39/41

+4 over 12 holes. Funny thing is I wore my glasses for the first 6 holes and was +4 then took them off and went blind as a bat for the final 6 holes and played them even par. I typically wear contact lenses when I play because I never have been able to play with glasses on and today certainly confirmed that. Was just planning on getting in a quick 9 after I got off work at the course at 1 so didn't think to bring my contacts to put in before playing. I hate wearing them except when I play golf.

+4 over 12 holes. Funny thing is I wore my glasses for the first 6 holes and was +4 then took them off and went blind as a bat for the final 6 holes and played them even par. I typically wear contact lenses when I play because I never have been able to play with glasses on and today certainly confirmed that. Was just planning on getting in a quick 9 after I got off work at the course at 1 so didn't think to bring my contacts to put in before playing. I hate wearing them except when I play golf.
My son just told me something similar yesterday. He is a new glasses wearer. His scores have gone up this year which was a little strange. He played his qualifying round for HS and his HS match without glasses and dropped 8+ strokes over 9 holes against his average. I asked if he wanted to use his contacts but he’s afraid they might mess up his game.

My son just told me something similar yesterday. He is a new glasses wearer. His scores have gone up this year which was a little strange. He played his qualifying round for HS and his HS match without glasses and dropped 8+ strokes over 9 holes against his average. I asked if he wanted to use his contacts but he’s afraid they might mess up his game.

I think part of it with me is that my glasses have bi-focals, because I am old as dirt, and I think that is throwing off my depth perception. Really need to get some sports glasses without bi-focals and try those. I would love to ditch the contacts for good.

I think part of it with me is that my glasses have bi-focals, because I am old as dirt, and I think that is throwing off my depth perception. Really need to get some sports glasses without bi-focals and try those. I would love to ditch the contacts for good.
I have prescription sunglasses. My depth perception isn't good to begin with and the polarized glasses or just the tint makes it worse. I once looked for my ball about 50 yards short of where it was and swore that's where it went into the rough. The guy I was paired up with didn't know what we were doing for a minute. I wish I could get more information from my son, but he's at that too cool to talk age. Gotta love teenagers. So much of golf is mental that I didn't want to mess with it so he's playing a practice round sans glasses this weekend. I may have to give it a shot with regular glasses and without any glasses just to see if it helps.

Played a course I have only played once before. Shot a 39-38-77 with a birdie, an eagle , 1 double, and 6 bogies. Would have been better but I had 4, that’s right FOUR 3 putts. And putting typically is the best pet of my game. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40/41 for a new personal best 81. Not a whole lot went wrong this evening. Drove the ball well, approach was pretty good, I chipped reasonably well, and lag putting was on. Definitely have a new perspective on how difficult it’s going to be to break 80.

35 on the front. Then a girl stepped out in front of me on #10 and it kind of threw me off. By #13 I decided to just work on some things. Wasn't going to get to finish before sunset anyway.

40/41 for a new personal best 81. Not a whole lot went wrong this evening. Drove the ball well, approach was pretty good, I chipped reasonably well, and lag putting was on. Definitely have a new perspective on how difficult it’s going to be to break 80.
Heck of a round man! Congrats!!

it's so hard to break 80... things have to be perfect... played well but can't up short 39/41
Shooting 80 on the number is like a kick in the junk. All you can do is think of all the places you wasted that ONE stroke....

Back