What did you shoot today?

4-5-20 (3).png

Wind whipped, but happy. Just a crazy tough round in 30 mph wind at that distance. I've definitely made progress by intentionally practicing in the wind. Some still got away from me, but overall pretty strong. Loved having the current forged tec setup with full weight shafts today too. That definitely helped. The tee shot on 17 sucked, but other than that toward the end I was thinking it was one of the the better rounds of my life. It was rough out there, and the greens were the hardest I've ever seen them. I don't think they've watered yet this year. Never had a PCC adjustment, so I'm curious about that on this one.

Actual course handicap is +2 for a net 76.

86, a tale of two nines. Was 49 (+12) on the front, 37 (+2) on the back. We went off cold and it took six holes to get myself into the game, at which point the damage was already done (two bogeys, three doubles and a triple). Back nine was two birdies, 3 pars and 4 bogeys. 6/12 FW, 5/18 GIR, 30 putts. Cool and windy, and the wind couldn't make its mind up which direction it was going to blow from.

Pretty amazed to have managed an even par round today at my home course. First round of the year and with nearly all new sticks. Super happy with how I played and managed my game.

The new BStone XS ball was fantastic.
Hit the Mavrik SZ driver really well.
The Sim Ti 5 wood is as long as any 3 wood I’ve owned.
Mizuno 919 tour irons are as good on course as I hoped. Easy to flight and work.

44/39 for an 83. Another round that could have been much better than. It was. I had 7 GIR and another couple that were really close, but burned the edges on at least 3 putts of not more. Still it was a beautiful day and I am very grateful to still be able to play.

All of our courses are closed, so I haven't played since October :mad:

I have enjoyed following this thread....there are some real good players here

52/57-109. But it was an ESC 105, so I’ve got that going for me. ******* miserable.

Last edited:
36/36 for a one over 72. I was one under on the tee box of number 17. Bogeyed the last two holes. Great score for me, but still disappointing.

Last edited:
36/36 for a one over 72. I was one under one the tee box of number 17. Bogeyed the last two holes. Great score for me, but still disappointing.
I'm not quite at your level, but coming close to a marker like that and missing is frustrating. Mine is breaking 80 rather than par, and the times I've been on track to do it and blown it in the last few holes were more maddening and disappointing than if I'd just blown it from the start and shot an 84 or 85!

Played the tips and broke 80 despite losing 6 balls! SIX.

79. Yes, I guess it can be done.

Was ALL OVER the place with driver, so many pulls and pull hooks. I'd been experimenting with my stance in relation to closeness to the ball.

I over-did it.

Only one OB, the rest were all red stakes. Putter (7 one-putts) and some very strong wedge play saved me.

6 fairways
9 greens
29 putts
2 birds

It was an adventure...

36/36 for a one over 72. I was one under one the tee box of number 17. Bogeyed the last two holes. Great score for me, but still disappointing.
I've been waiting for you to post a minus round. Seems like you've been killing it so far this year. Always hurts to be that close at the end though.

42/39 with 1 Birdie.

A let’s start with it was a great decision to play the Whites (6100) when I usually play Blended Or Tips 6400/6700.

I just didn’t have a consistent swing, weak swings, but still able to manage with a shorter club in my hand for 2nd shots. The more the round went on the more I just became an arms swinger and it showed. But thankfully I was able to get by put up a good round of Golf.

Take a few days off then see if I can get back to using that lower body for power and consistency!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wives simultaneously decided they didn't need me or my friend moping around the house anymore and gave us both the green light to play again! So we played in "Sid's Group" yesterday - it's the same as our Rack with a $10 buy-in for blind draw teams and then $1 per skin.

Our range has been closed for a while and it had been a few weeks since I had actually struck a golf ball. But I managed a 76 and played pretty well overall (only 1 birdie though).

Got to play today in pretty decent conditions. Slight wind, peaked at 60 degrees and mostly sunny the entire round.

Front 9 shot 42 but played a lot worse than the score shows. Lots of scrambling. Only hit 2 GIR. My putting made up for the bad irons. Kept push fading them and missing greens right or hitting greens and then backing it off the green which is not an issue i am used to having.

Turned it around on the back nine. 2 birdies including hitting a par 3 163 yrd to 3 feet. 2 bogeys in there for even par back 9 at 36. Putting stayed good and I got my irons back in shape.

Ended up 78 for 18 ( 6 over par ). Absolutely loving my club setup so far this year.

A semi-formal +4 40 for 9 holes. First golf of season. low 50's, big winds. Birdied both par 5s. Hit some very good shots and some absolutely awful shots. Wedges and chipping were very good. Putting was solid. Raised cups helped. Ramming speed! A delightful decadence to play. I forgot about the crazy world for a few hours.

Played in a skins game at Shadow Glen in Manor just east of Austin. The guys playing in this game are sticks! A few guys that have played mini tour stuff and some of the top amateurs around.

7174 yards from the tips with a rating of 74.9 and slope of 142. I haven’t been playing too well and have gone up to a 5.7. I played pretty good and shot 78. Left a couple putts short that would have been skins and lost big in a Wolf game.🤬☹️

37/36 for 2 over 73.

45/44/89 at TPC Sawgrass on the sim. Backed it up to 6,400 yards and developed a fantastic pull hook on my driver. Put 5 balls in the water. Added 400 yards and only 2 strokes from my first e-round there, so not disappointed.

Can't wait to get back to posting in this thread since the course opens back up tomorrow!

Played King and Bear today with some friends. Conditions are just excellent as course is very quite. No carts after 1200. Played this AM and back 9 first. 44/41 85. Yes the #1 hole killed me. Short game was not my best today. Best shot of the day was #3 181 yards. I hit my 5i and it rolled 3’ from the pin. Love the CF19 irons. 5DFFEE4D-7697-4559-AE06-0B96D558268E.jpeg

44/47 = 91. +7 on the front, which I wasn't terribly unhappy with, then the wind came up from hole #9 onward, 25-30 mph with higher gusts. Brutal. +12 on the back. Had a 137 yard approach shot on #10, so I hit my 8 iron (135 yard club) - which got up into the wind and went 180 yards, clear over the green, through the trees behind the green and out into the desert. We played as a twosome and, unsurprisingly, were almost the only people on the course. Finished about a half hour before the rain started.

Sim round with auto-putts on and gimmies inside 8ft

Shot a level par 72 playing Portland and to be honest it could have been even better were it not for a couple bad shots and the software giving me a 3-putt from 10ft.....

Hopefully I can take that sort of ball striking to the course this year

Where do you go to use the sim? Have you got your own?

Played a course for first time today..rated 66.5/120...good for moral shot 78. Was pretty breezy and greens still bumpy around here in VA at most of the public tracks.

Back