What did you shoot today?

Weird day, nothing felt right. I don’t think I hit a solid shot all day. I was 42/40 for an 82 at 6375 yards.

32 putts
17% GIR
64 % Fairways

40/40 - 80 this morning.

Play meh today. Shot a 39-38-77 with 1 birdie and 6 bogies. Nothing was great and nothing was terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45/49 94.

Very easy and forgiving course. Score doesn't reflect how poorly I played the first round of the year. I made a few decent swings, hit a few greens, but everything is pretty rusty. I've been working so hard on the driver that I've neglected my iron and short game practice. It showed today. All the work I've done with the driver didn't show up as I failed to hit 30% of my fairways and had like 10 positional shots (punch outs). There aren't a lot of trees on this course, but it seemed like I was always behind one.

Highest score of the year so far, but much less than last year. 44-42 86 (+14). Nothing was good. BUT! my worst shots were not as penalizing as last year. No balls lost off the tee even with a few slices and pop ups. 29% fairways but my biggest miss off the tee was 15 yards into the rough. The wind did me no favors but I was able to work through some issues. Not swinging a club nor getting to the range was an issue. I lost my match, but snagged 2 birdies, including on 18 that saw one of my best 4 iron shots ever followed by an eagle chip that lipped out. Finishing strong helps a bad round easier to take.

43/36 = 79 today (11.6 differential). I'm finally finding my iron swing again, and it was so refreshing to hit some nice, crisp iron shots for a change! 9/14 FW, 5/18 GIR, 31 putts.

Played 9 holes with my wife. Social round for us as a couple. It was all about her. I shot 38, which was fine. She played fine. Her first time on the course since we moved over a year ago. Last spring she broke her tibia, which kept her off the course. Good to have her back.

50-50 for a mildly annoying 100. Had a chance to break 100 but my driving cost me big time. Was able to keep my par streak alive with a great recovery shot from 40 yards out in the rough to 2 feet, and my putting is solid to start the year, but if I can’t figure out my driving soon it’s going to be a long year.

81 yesterday. Very solid day minus a few bad swings.

37 front /46 on the back. Couldn't fricken play golf on the back

Fun round with @Jank, @mikeg_74 and @Itscheddarbob IMG_5271.jpegIMG_5265.jpeg
Jank sticking it close on 9

IMG_5268.jpeg

Played very poorly today. Shot a 43-39-82 with 1 birdie, 3 doubles, and 5 bogies. Was very stiff the entire round and just didn’t have it. But at least the weather turned out to be beautiful so that was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been working on my swing this winter and took ot to the course today for the first time. I was hitting my irons fat, but everything else was going. My best score all of last year was a 92. Today, in my first round since October, I shot 46/41 for a PB 87. A stupid triple on 18 cost me a shot at my first 9 in the 30s. Took too aggressive of a line on my chip and put it in a deep bunker, then had my only 3 putt of the day. Probably nerves because in my head I knew I was approaching my pb. Still need to work on some things, but it feels amazing to see actual results from the work I've been putting in.

79 today. No birds lots of wind. Went on an 8 hole par streak that included 3 one putts two of those were over 20 feet to save par.

Shot an 88 in a true Jekyll and Hyde round. 38 on the front including my first eagle ever, followed by a 50 on the back 9. Front 9 was one of my best ever, but not sure if it was the slow pace of play or what, but felt like I completely lost everything on the back.

42/41 83. It was a weird 83 too. Not much was outstanding but I didn’t hurt myself either. It was an ugly day for golf so I didn’t expect much. Maybe that’s why I played pretty decent.

Like Tywithay I posted a triple on 18 for a 45/44/89. Tried to run a driver off the deck under some tree limbs onto the green but pulled it off a tree and OB. Other than that hole it was an ok round. A birdie, a few pars bunch of bogies and the usual couple of doubles. We’ll see what tomorrow brings!

Shot 88 today. Not my best, but not awful. Driver was generally good. Iron contact was pretty good despite the bare dormant Bermuda lies, but direction was not as good as I needed. Too many chip-on and 2-putts. Had a triple which killed me on the toughest very tight hole on the course. Tried to play it smart, but despite good decisions my direction failed me leading to 2 penalties. More to work on this week.

Ended up with a 40/40 yesterday. Bogeyed 1&2 then 8&9 on the front. Then bogeyed 10&18 with a double on 16 because the putter went off in my hand like a grenade. Didn't feel like an 80, but just a bunch of boring pars strung together.

41/43 for an 84. Sure wish I hadn't doubled 17 and 18 (found water on 17, nasty high-lipped FW bunker on 18). :mad: 12/14 FW, 7/18 GIR, 36 putts.

38/43= 81 on a par 70.
Couldn't make a putt, needed 36 of them. One 3 putt and only one 1 putt, Not normal for me.
Also had a double on the #1 handicap hole.....
First round with new irons was OK.

Man I’m begging to think I don’t belong here, you guys are all breaking 80 while I’m chasing down 100 😅

Man I’m begging to think I don’t belong here, you guys are all breaking 80 while I’m chasing down 100 😅
Don't sweat it. Everyone who breaks 80 was once someone chasing down 100.

As long as you enjoy the chase, you can insert any number. Enjoy the hunt!

We've all been there! It's not a contest, just golfers sharing talk about the game we love. Enjoy the ride, and think how much fun it will be the first time you get to post that you broke 100!

Back