What did you shoot today?

Shot a 38-38-76 with 2 birdies, a double, and 4 bogies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today wasn’t my day... my putting was horrible for some reason. Driver was smoking though! Longest shot of the year so far at 297.

42/45 for 87.

I posted an 83 today. I kind of stunk on the front nine shooting a 45, but came in with a 38 on the back. A couple of double bogeys on the first two holes really hurt me on the front.

Shot 47 over 9...Can't seem to capitalize on my good holes but I can recover on the bad ones :facepalm:. Tried out the 3 U65...shaft is a little flexier than I'd like (miyazaki 7S) so I may have to do something about that. But I hit it straight so I'm happy with it. 3W continues to be the darling of the bag...

Shot 47 over 9...Can't seem to capitalize on my good holes but I can recover on the bad ones :facepalm:. Tried out the 3 U65...shaft is a little flexier than I'd like (miyazaki 7S) so I may have to do something about that. But I hit it straight so I'm happy with it. 3W continues to be the darling of the bag...
The U65 is high on my list of must try... 3 is 20 degrees eh?

The U65 is high on my list of must try... 3 is 20 degrees eh?

yessir...I really like it but I am leaning toward swapping out for a stiffer shaft. used it off the tee twice and off the fairway once. all 3 were solid. very happy.

38/44. Triple on #11 put a big dent in the back nine score. Putter was on 🔥 for most of the day. 12 putts on the front 9. 6 x 1 putt + 3 x 2 putts.

We played another 9 from the tips. I can play better but finished with a rough 50. Both par 3 are about 215 yards onto narrow greens. One of the par 5s is 615 yards. One of the par 4s is 470 yards.

Typically my irons are by far the best part of my game until recently that is.

Suddenly I am hitting my driver really well, either hitting the fairway or just missing, so of course, now I can't seem to hit my irons anymore. Missed quite a few greens by about 10 to 20 yards to the left.

Didn't chip that great either, was 20 yards off the green on the par-five 7th hole with my second shot, and ended up with a 7 after sailing my chip over the green into a bunker.

Ended up shooting 43 / 41 / 84

6-6-20 Match 5&4 (2).png

5 & 4 to me. Had a couple wtf shots, but otherwise did well. Tee shot on 2 was my first OB of the year. Just terrible. Bad alignment I think, and I amplified the daylights out of that. And somehow bombed the 8th over the green, and couldn't get up and down. Dropped a 30' downhill putt to win 11 though, and my iron approach game was sharp as can be. Was in birdie range on pretty much every putt. Good start to the day. Got to quit early and save a few swings for this afternoon's sweat and wind fest where I'm being used by my team for my tee prowess I think. Which is already hilarious, 'cause I'm not a big hitter, and I've played the course we'll be on in wind like this before. 230 seems to be the standard number straight into the wind there on a day like this. lol

This game is so frustrating. Since coming off the lockdown I felt like I was getting close to my goal of breaking bogey. Steady rounds in the low 90's with the exception of a breakdown hole giving me a 97. A low of 91 a couple weeks ago. I felt it was coming.

Then Thursday happened. I was off to a great start. Birdied the first hole. Never did that before. A little struggle after that but nothing too bad. Mostly bogeys. Then the same hole I had a breakdown a couple weeks ago. Hole number 7. The same brush pile out of bounds on my second shot. The shame shanked chip after pitching it back to the fairway. All added up to a quadruple bogey. And I had to one putt for that.

The next hole I yanked it hard left into a shed area. A triple. 3 putted the next hole for a double. Started the back nine wanting to reset after those 3 holes. Proceeded to pull a hard drive into someone's yard. I totally lost any semblance of a swing by then. I had to just hit punch shots with my driver down the fairway 180 yards. Punch shots the rest of the clubs too. On my way to a 103.

I thought those days were over. The temp was triple digits that afternoon. But it was the only time I could go this week so I thought I could tough it out. After all, I played thousands of fast pitch softball games in that kind of heat for 30 years. The temps are back in the low 80's today. I'm headed out to the range to see if it was just one of those days or a harbinger of things to come. Last year I was slowly creeping down to the low 90's only to climb back to the upper 90's/low 100's. Why I lose my swing like that I have no idea. Maybe my muscles need more work? I haven't been hitting the range like I use to. :confused:

I may have figured something out yesterday at the range. I was absolutely pounding the driver today and was also getting much better impact with my irons. Ball was getting up in the air and flying straight which I like to see. Now if only I could convince myself to hit putts hard enough to get to the hole... My whole group is struggling; we are used to greens being quicker. I also wonder if the fact that the flagstick is still in isn't creeping into mind.

42/40. Birdied the 17th only to give it right back on the 18th. Was green side on 18 in 2, hit my chip exactly where I wanted to, and it just took off and rolled 15' past the pin. Left it 18" short dead in the heart coming back. I really can't complain, the weather was perfect for golf.

37/37=74 FIR=11/14 GIR= 10/18 Putts= 30 10 pars, 3 birdies and 5 bogeys. Avoided the blow up holes but this could have been a better round for sure. Extremely happy with the short game today and the putter saved me and made a lot of 6-10footers to save par.

Shot 86 46/40 on a pretty tight course. Driver was hot and cold on the front, but consistant on the back. Putter was good, but still had two 3 putts. Just bad reads on my part. Irons were on 🔥! Just hit them really well today. My goal is to break 80 this year, and I'm close I think. Hardest course I've played this year, but my best score.

94: 50/44.

Could not hit a fairway all day, and was punching out of trees every other shot. On the bright side, it was a perfect day weather wise, and I was pleased with being able to have a 6 stroke improvement on the back. Worst round of the year but taking some positives as I only had 32 putts and had 4 nice up and downs.

Played 9 in the rain and shot an even par 36. 2 birdies, 5 pars and 2 bogeys.

86 yesterday which isn’t great given my handicap but the course I played is very difficult. CR of 75 and slope of 145. I missed a couple of fairways and put some approaches on the wrong side of the green. The wind picked up on the back 9 to the point I hit 3W from 175 on one hole. It was a blast though. The 86 translated to a handicap differential of 8 so it wasn’t as bad as it sounds.

This morning I shot 78 on a course with a CR of 73.1 and a slope of 137. I had two doubles this morning one on the first hole when I pulled a driver into the trees and couldn’t find it then hit an approach under the trees and slapped it around. Overall it was a pretty solid round on a tough course.

Lowest round of the year so far and a really good driving driving day: 77 ( 38/39 ). 10 of 13 fairways with an average of 265 yds and long of 294 yards. First eagle of the season on 485 yard par 5, draining a 20 ft putt. Putting was better than the numbers show ( 36 putts ) with 3 3-putts. A few lipped putts in there and a few that stopped within 2 or 3 inches.

20200606_102629.jpg

20200606_102639.jpg

20200606_103257.jpg

20200606_111611.jpg

78 today in a round where I just didnt make massive mistakes. Overall, didnt play well, but each time I was out of position I could get the ball moving forward to a position I could get up and down.

Downside was no birdies. Plenty of good looks but the damn pool noodles got me.

Shot a 40-37-77 with a couple of birdies and some bogies. I’ll take it with punched greens and a heat index of 104.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40 for 9 holes on a new course, a beautiful private very close to my house. I walk on a trail right by it every day. Took a double on the last hole trying to cut a corner. Turns out there is a ditch/creek on the other side that didn't show on my app. Next time I will know to hit a 4i or 3hy.

Played with a very nice couple. They both know Julie from work and have invited us to play with them in 2 weeks. Julie actually said yes. I am very pleased.

20200606_182751.jpg

Just brutal conditions. 30+ winds and a drenched course. After having played this morning already, I feel like I've had my *ss whipped now. Played my part in winning most of the bets, and nothing on me seems overly sore, so I feel like I deserve a little break tonight. Going to clean the clubs with my feet up I think.

Tried hard to take advantage of the wind when I could but not completely sacrifice the driver swing I've been grooving to do it. Really like where it's at and hope to keep it there.

87 today I could not hit my 5 wood off the tee to save my life lol. I was over thinking it. All my drives with the driver were great. I did have 6 one putts today which is a big improvement. I need to trust my swing off the tee box. Today’s course was a desert course lots of desert carries and dog legs. Best part is was about 93 out which was awesome.

Back