What distance device are you using?

For the last nearly 5 years, a Nikon Coolshot 20. I'd long used a Gamin G6 at that time and wanted to dip my toe into rangefinders without spending much.

Either it was before the flood of cheaper devices on the market or before I was aware of them because at the time I bought, I thought I was buying a cheap one. It was in fact much cheaper than the Bushnells and Leopolds out at the time.

It's no frills, just straight line, no elevation. But it works and I've no desire to replace it. It's very small, typical magnetic covers are too big for it. So I use a Frogger magnetic "Latch-It" attachment. Works great.

759b44f8c227c194a581d83d600a828e.jpg

2CEFF6B2-C171-4B64-B081-7496DBE5963A.jpeg
I’m still rocking this old gal. I can’t remember how long I’ve had it maybe 2010 but she still works well. As much as I’d like to upgrade to a newer Bushnell I can’t justify it until this dies.

I am now 100% using a Shot Scope V3 GPS Watch. Rangefinder still in bag but have not reached for it one since I started using the watch about 5 weeks ago.

SGX, Shotscope V3, Tour X laser when I decide to pull it out

Tec tec tec something or other

Swami 5000

Caddie. His name is Jake, he is about 5’ 10” and 30 years old. Works most of the time. If I don’t trust the number he gives I’ll whip no out my Bushnell Tour v3 Slope.

Cobalt ... Almost before you click, you have your yardage.

T8 Watch when I remember to bring it and if I use it enough, I might learn all its features.

But Cobalt.

Cobalt but I haven’t used it on the course yet. It’s serving as monocular for watching deer, eagles, fox and coyotes until the snow melts.

I’ve been a Leupold guy for a long time and still love the form factor and reliability/quality. The optics on the Cobalt stand out enough over the other brands that I’m willing to overlook its slightly larger form factor than my GX3i3.

On a budget I’m a big fan of the Nikon Coolshot 40. I bought one for my son and my daughter and they work fantastic and seem to have the same Nikon quality of my Nikon rangefinder from 2001 that still works perfectly.

Last edited:
I have a SkyCaddie, but rarely use it anymore: Grint GPS works just as well. I also have a Nikon Coolshot Pro, which comes in handy to get a specific distance.

Shot Scope V3, Precision NX7, GolfShot app

Just updated my Bushnell Tour X to a Pro XE. Budget sale a few weeks back pushed me over the edge. Love the smaller size but still waiting to get it on the course.

Accros and a cheap range finder that got a good review here.

Precision Pro NX9

I'm using a very inexpensive Ragu Laser Rangefinder that has an LCD display, slope and vibration that I picked up off Amazon for well under $100 at the time. I use that in conjunction with the Shot Scope V3 for FMB yardages and shot tracking.

Just eyes at the moment. Standard issue human eyes.

Cobalt but I haven’t used it on the course yet. It’s serving as monocular for watching deer, eagles, fox and coyotes until the snow melts.
Until the snow melts? I noticed your profile lists your location as both Minnesota and Florida. I think you've got your schedule messed up!

I used to use the Arccos Caddie but dumped that for the more traditional, old school method of squinting at a target and guesstimating

I’ve been a Leupold guy for a long time and still love the form factor and reliability/quality. The optics on the Cobalt stand out enough over the other brands that I’m willing to overlook its slightly larger form factor than my GX3i3.

On a budget I’m a big fan of the Nikon Coolshot 40. I bought one for my son and my daughter and they work fantastic and seem to have the same Nikon quality of my Nikon rangefinder from 2001 that still works perfectly.

Same with the Cobalt. I bought it the end of last season. Looking forward to seeing how it works when outdoor golf comes back online here.

Skytrak, there's snow on the ground and it's freezing outside.

I've still got my Shotscope V3. I added a Go Go Go laser range finder. It works for me and I like them both(y)(y):D

Until the snow melts? I noticed your profile lists your location as both Minnesota and Florida. I think you've got your schedule messed up!

Lol. We are on our daughters schedule until she graduates from high school next year. Winter doesn’t bother me as much as most as we ski and snowmobile to make them go by faster.

I use my Garmin S62 watch every round. I joke my game isn't precise enough to merit a RF but we just had a major renovation done with all of our bunkers redone with a few moved, added and deleted. I don't know how long it will take for Garmin to update so I might have to fork out for a range finder after all. If I do I'll get a Precision Pro R1 as I'm a guy that loves toys.

Still using my old Bushnell NEO XS , it's within a couple of yards on every course I have played. Would like to get something new as this one is many years old.

I use the Golf Pad app on my phone.

Now also using my Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 with the app, and I'll start using club tracking features as well.

Back