What Driver Shaft Are You Using Right Now?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Tell us what shaft is in your driver and what you think of it.

LINQ Blue M40X 70F4. It’s the best driver shaft I have ever used. I tested a few out this year and nothing gave me the same or better results. It loads easily but still stands up to my swing when I get too quick. It’s been a god send.

Linq purple 6f5

It's solid and controlling my miss but missing some feel and action.

Accra TZSix 50 M3. I enjoy the shaft. Give me a mid-high ball flight with lower spin and pretty tight dispersion. It is a regular flex but feels more like a stiff to me.

The same Ventus Black 6X I have been for a couple years. I think it's good. I think it has more feel than the TRs in the hands. I think it's familiar and still works well with some of my best and worst tendencies.

Ventus TR Red 6S. Was recently fit into it so only a few times out with it but I'm seeing much better flight and I feel like it times very well for my swing.

UST Helium Black 5F4 and really like it!

Kinetixx Hypersonic

I’m in love.

The way I’m able to time it up is just special.

MCA KuroKage Silver TiNi Dual Core 60 Stiff
I thought it matched my swing well, now I push push push.

Last edited:
Stock MCA Kai'li Blue 60 in regular flex. It is working well for me in the Cobra Max Driver.

UST Mamiya Linq Blue

Absolutely love it! Works so well for me with my Rogue ST Max

Best driver/shaft combo I’ve ever had 🔥

Ventus Red 5S.

Working very well since Grandaddy 21.

I bounce back and forth between Tensei Blue and Tensei 1k black.
They can each serve a purpose for me.

Kinetixx Hypersonic

I’m in love.

The way I’m able to time it up is just special.
Nice! So happy you've found something you love.

Ventus TR. Blue 5S, great shaft, very happy with its performance.

UST linq purple 6s

Kinetixx Velocity. It’s only been in the driver for 4 rounds but I am loving it! The feel was noticeably more bendy compared to the Ventus TR Blue I was previously playing. The first few swings felt like “oh no this head is way behind” but it somehow caught up. Now that I know what to expect, I love it.

TXG says Tour AD DI 6 SR. Was very happy with the results, but disappointed I was fit into such a poser shaft.

UST linq purple 6s
It launches a little higher for me than what I had before but the times I’ve been out with it I’ve hit more fairways than I was previously. It’s given me some confidence off the tee which is nice.

MCA Tensai AV Raw white.

Love it. I can bit it high, straight, curve it almost when I want it to, and hit it low…er. Ish.

Oban Isawa Red 55. Love it. Very smooth. Driver only goes left if I make a really bad swing and stop my lower body and flip it, otherwise I can go after it and ignore the left most of the time.

Nice! So happy you've found something you love.
You wouldn’t recognize my tee game. I’ve been complimented by playing partners last two times out 😳

MCA Tensai AV Raw white.

Love it. I can bit it high, straight, curve it almost when I want it to, and hit it low…er. Ish.
That’s what I was with previously and did enjoy it. Felt like I could hit some bullets with it and that was quite awesome.

Back