What Driver Shaft Are You Using Right Now?

2019 custom Project X. Based off Riptide model, but with parallel butt section, increased stiffness in tip section, and increased torque. 6.5 flex, 67 grams.

I absolutely love it. I’ve tried many others and always seem to find my way back here.

UST Mamiya Proto 1 of 1 that allows me to eliminate the left side and swing as aggressive as I want.

Graph tech 75 A flex, I like it.

Tensei blue , seems to work fine for my swing. Enough height and spin.

Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX. Despite trying other stuff I just keep coming back to it.

I am kind of between shafts right now. I have had some good results with the Ventus Blue TR Velocore 5s. I think I hit it a bit shorter than my VA Badazz but I seem to be hitting it straighter. I am going to play a couple of rounds with the Badazz and see if it is just that my swing is better right now.

UST Mamiya LinQ Black 6F4. I like it a lot. My driver swing has been in a bad place recently but when I put a halfway decent swing on it this shaft helps me send the ball long and straight. I can see distances I shouldn’t with my swing speed and it’s stable enough that I can give it a little extra without losing the face.

Aldila Rogue Silver 110 MSI 60

it's got a good kick point that works for me, but i also think i'd benefit from a touch higher launch.
last 100 shots = 40% fairways hit, avg. 249yds

Last edited:
UST LIN-Q Purple. Was in the black but went back to the purple for that extra height and smoothness.

Kinetixx Velocity .. love the shaft favorite driver shaft I’ve used, wish it felt a little stiffer but performance was the same!

HZRDUS blue right now and it’s ok, but don’t think it’s perfect for me.

Right now I have a Helium 5F3 that I’ve used for a while. I do like it but I have some other options I may try:
  • Evenflow Riptide CB R flex. It’s in a PXG 0211 right now.
  • Ventus Red 4T Core 50R from a TourEdge.
  • Tensei Blue R flex.
I’ll give the Ventus a try after our Club Championship this weekend. Looking for a higher ball flight and a bit better dispersion.

UST Mamiya LinQ Black. Can’t imagine playing anything else

Evenflow Riptide LX 60 (6.5)
I love it. I had a stock Ping driver shaft before. So happy with the switch.

Stock Kai’li Blue R flex. It works really well when I put a good swing on the ball.

Oban Kiyoshi Gold 65S. Not anti left but really helps to minimize it when I get too quick in transition. It has been really good for a shaft that I took a flyer on.

UST Mamiya Elements Helium HE4F3 that I was sent after winning a Shaft Up Contest.
What do I think of? The absolute most reliable and best feeling driver shaft I have ever swung (keep in mind once I got it I kind of stopped demoing drivers).

I feel like I can time it, and feel where the head is, far better than any other shaft I have owned. When I switched to it, I felt like I could just swing free, and not worry about where the ball was going, because it was going somewhere in the fairway.

Project X HZRDUS Black Gen4. It's my first foray into an XStiff driver shaft, and I like the feel and feedback I get. Doesn't feel too stiff, and I'm finding the center of the face a lot more with it.

Ventus Blue TR 6S

Extremely stable. I was using a Vanquish 5S, but the Ventus gives me a straighter flight with less spin. I may give up a few mph of speed, but overall distance is up because of better launch conditions.

UST Mamiya Elements Gold 6f3 proto…it feels and performs great for my swing

Project X Hzrdus Black.

Tensei CK Pro Orange 60tx. I love that its lowered the flight from the Ping Alta CB x stiff that I had before. Still counterbalanced, with a stiffer tip. I truly feel I can go after it when I want.

Oban Revenge 6. Fits my swing the best.

PX Evenflow Blue. I wasn't thrilled with the stock AV Blue that came in my TSR2, and since it's been a strong performer in my Rogue I ordered one for the TSR. No regrets whatsoever

Project X Denali Black ❤️❤️❤️

20230928_202040.jpg

Back