What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot that I also played golf today also.

Played 9. Driver was on, wedges were on, putting was good. On the other hand, I'm fighting a bad push on my irons.

On a positive note, I spun one back on a 60 yard 58 degree pitch. It is proof positive my pitching and chipping contact is improving.
a651eb33e0956994da7e0be308e6dc1e.jpg

THP and pondering over some wedges and a putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426634410.770713.jpg

Picked up those babies!

I saw those and like them a lot.

Played 9 after work and picked up new grips for my irons so that I can cut them down tomorrow.

Went to TGW, went to the range and THPed

Using Tapatalk

Two days in-a-row at the range! I only hit wedges and an old MacGregor VIP 7 iron since I don't have my new ones yet. Chipped around and putted awhile too. Glad to finally hit a ball for the first time in a month!!!!

I made a Sunday tee ttime for 9 holes with my wife. This will be the first time she's been on a real course in quite some time. Should be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About to go and play 18 at Imperial Lake View Hua Hin. Played here about 12 months ago so interested to see what I score this morning.

Made it to the range for the third time in a week...taking advantage of the beautiful weather.

Just working at the sim and THPing. Got to hit balls for about 30 mins and continue to work on what Brian has had me working on. Not a bad part time gig!

A little something for the cure event.
Browsed ebay
Thping

Just some chipping and organizing of the golf section of my garage Oh yeah and THP of course.

THP, traded some clubs, ordered clubs, marked up golf balls. Spent about 45 minutes putting with the X3 getting used to the feel and distance control on real greens vs inside the store.

Played round No. 1 of the season, a good three weeks sooner than my first round last year. I took it easy because... I haven't exercised or swung a club in 4-1/2 months. Still walked 18 holes in 2 hours 40 minutes, 10 minutes longer than a 'regular' round for me.

If the spring weather and end-of-season weather cooperate this year, I may get in 150 to 160 rounds. (Didn't play at all after Oct. 31st last year....)

Hit 2 buckets of balls, working mostly with my new wedges. Not sure why but didn't hit the 52* well with full swings and need a lot more work there. Then I spent about 20 min chipping to a practice green with the 60*, including a few sand shots. Love the 60*! Cool, light rain, and not another soul on the practice area. I also didn't see anyone on the course.

Over the next 2 weeks, assuming good-enough weather holds, my goal is to get in 5 18-hole rounds to establish a handicap. I used to be single digits 30+ years ago -- but expect, let's say without a doubt -- I'll have to work my way back down. I just need a baseline to get going.

Last edited:
First visit to the course today at a chilly 43 degrees. Paid my season pass and hit a bucket of balls. I seemed to have developed a draw over the winter... I only wish I could control it. I don't put much worry into having a good swing the first few weeks of the season. Did some putting drills for 30 minutes and went in the clubhouse and thawed out. THP-ing now as the kids don't have homework tonight. KCM

Attempted to hit a bucket of balls

Worked on my putting, chipping and tempo in the basement tonight. Also marked some new Callaway Chrome Soft's so I can use them next time out.

Played 18 today.

Swung an old as heck driver I had setting in the garage with my TM Speedsleeve on it 50 times and THPed.

9 holes of sim golf. I really need to get outside soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back