What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

I went to the range after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played nine.

Putted like crap.

Watched The Masters, THPd and messed around with my new Garmin Approach S62 (this thing is awesome!)

Just ordered some clubheads for my 9 yr. old grandson

Acer HT....... 7 and 9 iron heads

Acer 5H........25 degree hybrid head.

Still shopping for a decent Jr. golf bag & golf shoes.

There was a 45 minute frost delay here. I layered up and played the first round in 2 hours by myself. Some friends were on the 1st tee when I was finishing up. Gonna be cold the next few days, so I joined them for another round.

I just got a text from one of my playing partners there is heavy frost at the course. Looks like my decision to stay home and watch the Masters was the correct one.

Bought secret Santa stuff. :cool:

Walked 18 on Friday. Came home and putted some on my new backyard putting green. FE9812D9-5DCF-49AF-B35E-E3D891D85E83.jpeg

Walked 18 on Friday. Came home and putted some on my new backyard putting green. View attachment 8974199
So what's the putting goal(s) now that you're basically a pro with your own fancy dancy at-home practice facility??

Totally jealous btw, so let me give you a statement I get a lot.

I might hate you.

:p:p:p:p

So what's the putting goal(s) now that you're basically a pro with your own fancy dancy at-home practice facility??

Totally jealous btw, so let me give you a statement I get a lot.

I might hate you.

:p:p:p:p
Improve my stroke to find some consistency. If I can do that I will be a better putter.

Watching the Masters while at work. Trying to find a 4th for tomorrow.

Improve my stroke to find some consistency. If I can do that I will be a better putter.

This is what I have worked on. Everyone has their own path, but for me moving to the armlock has changed everything about my putting. I did a "regular" length putter fitting this summer, and the main takeaway was how inconsistently I delivered the head to the ball. Loft in particular was all over the place. With the armlock I am massively more consistent with the stroke and delivery. Same roll over and over. And the interesting part is that it is triggering a change in how I putt with a "regular" length putter. My stroke there has improved as a response. Armlock has been a productive addition for me.

Finished my SS shopping. Nap time!

LW, AW, and 9i clubs today. All full swings. It was worth the effort, making good ball first contact.

A plus today was a guy I know, came by, on his way to the practice green. He noticed a small glitch in my swing, and brought it to my attention.

Seems I wasn't fully extending my arms fully into, and through ball impact.

I focused on that fix, and it was remarkable how much easier my swing felt. There's no telling how long I have been doing this.

Gives more importance to the "second set of eyes" scenario.

Watched the Masters

THPed

Turkey Shoot Golf Scramble

Played 18

Watched the Masters and did some indoor putting.

Played a great Par 3 course in Daytona Beach with my son today. He played it with his school club 2 weeks ago and wanted to go back. Staff was so nice they didn’t charge him after they commented on how polite he was. Fun little course. Was a PW and lob wedge on every hole for me.

and now to watch the replay of the Masters. 4187A579-AF49-4B74-A3BB-86B7B94E4DBD.jpeg8C9F84B4-1998-431B-8B96-79DE89F85281.jpeg47A8D446-5B3E-4452-8B86-93AF0233B242.jpeg

THP'd. Hit a small bucket of balls this morning. Repaired my 9 iron. Took my 9 iron to the golf shop after I wasn't successful. Putted with my daughter.

Watched Masters and made a tee time for tomorrow morning.

Back