What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

... started organizing my bench, reshafted my TM Mini Driver, cleaned and organized shafts and clubs to sell, and finally got my ferrules put in a plastic organizer. I will finish the bench when the wife goes to sleep, and hang the new tv, and it should feel like a productive day...

20200118_203610.jpg

Oooor when she turns on Grey's Anatomy in the house! Done! Bring on a week of Ebay and Callaway Trade-Ins. I've got Mavriks to buy!!

Hit the range yesterday for the first time since I played golf in Tucson the first week of December. The course wasn't open yet but the range was and, though the temperatures weren't exactly balmy (45*), it was warm enough to get out and swing (thank goodness).

I bought enough tokens for 3 large buckets (with no intention of hitting all three). Well, four and a half hours, three buckets, an extensive session with the new 58* CBX, and a long putting session later and I am sore as hell this morning. I knew I was overdoing it but I couldn't drag myself away. The swing is rusty (major understatement). Damn I wish this was ore like riding a bike. If I'm not working my swing art least once a week, it goes to the sh***er FAST. On my last bucket I hit nothing but driver. I'm determined to make that club a weapon for me this year. I think I've started to figure something out with that club. We'll see next time I go out. I started out with my normal push slice but I think I've identified something in my set up that is causing that. I still manage to to pull that magnificent turd of a shot off when I get lazy but when I keep my pace and focus I'm hitting a nice little 5-6 yard fade (which I'll take all day long). It's a little weird seeing it, though, as my stock shot is more of a draw.

The 58* wedge is going to be a weapon, greenside, this year. The loft give me the confidence to put the stroke on it that I need to. The 54* wasn't horrible last season but I could never seem to get it to check up as much as I wanted it to and I had a tough time gauging the roll out. Short sided shot? Fuggedaboutit. I was setting up with short sided yesterday with about 4 yards to work with with the 58 and I was so much more confident and the results showed.

The putter was a wreck (and its typically the most reliable stick in the bag). I'll just chalk it up to a bad day rolling the stick and move on.

TLDR version. Got out and over did it on the range. Sore as f***. Driver coming along. 58* is money. Putter sucked. Repeat later in the week.:LOL:

My only golf activity today was a couple of phone calls to see if bro and I could find somewhere to play. It’s 16 F and sunny we would have played if they were open.

Just completed my Speed Training work out. I actually feel faster but I have no scientific evidence to prove that. ;)

I did some speed training work for the first time in quite a while. I feel so awkward when I'm filing weak hand swings..

I did some speed training work for the first time in quite a while. I feel so awkward when I'm filing weak hand swings..
I had not done any for four days and in that time the offside swing felt like the first time all over again.

20200119_124400.jpg

Mother Nature at it's best.

Plus a 4 birdie 86.

Walked 9 today. Started off good on 1rst and 2nd hole, but after that I started hitting 3 and 4 over as my back was hurting way too bad. I practiced way too much yesterday and paid the price on the course today!

Walked 9...blew up 2 holes but outside of that, it was a good morning.

Hit the indoor range/dome to hit some balls and work on rotatng my hips. Getting slowly better.

Wrote two release articles on golf balls.

2020 might be the year of the golf ball. :oops:

look forward to reading these

I cannot wait to see all the new options. By far the TP5x has been the best performing ball for my swing the past 2 years with the Snell MTB-x being a close second. I look forward to trying some new options!!

Played 9.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got on trackman to get some comparison numbers on the Mavrik Max for more reviews

I went through my shag bag today and cleaned And separated some of the balls. Also got a my contest winners package ready for the post office.

Ordering some more Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 grips and put them on my wedges, woods, and driver so they all match my irons and the feel and look will be the same.

Just completed my Super Speed Training work out. Also have a lesson at noon.

Watched the conclusion of the LPGA Diamond Resorts Tournament of Champions playoff and now following the THP PGA Show coverage. Too cold to play...

Oh shoot I g
Watched the conclusion of the LPGA Diamond Resorts Tournament of Champions playoff and now following the THP PGA Show coverage. Too cold to play...
gotta check the results.

That was the result I was hoping for.

3B78B35C-27FA-4E5F-BCBC-7963806648C0.jpeg

Back