What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

920ACDC4-84AF-4A93-93B1-7A0A1CED9D71.jpeg
772C7A5A-AA8C-434D-A682-C1C71ADCCCFF.jpeg
2:05 round in the morning with views like this. Found this ball 🤷‍♂️

Hit a large bucket of balls.

Long clubs, driving range stuff this morning. Driver through 7W.

As always, using the yardage marker poles, I made myself a narrow fairway. My focus was to land all balls in my make shift fairway.

Hit around 60 balls, after a 20 ball (7i) warm up. Hit balls both off of tees, and real turf. Even hit a few driver shots off the turf, just to humble myself.

Preshot routine was to pick my targeted landing area, walkup, set up, check ball position, adjust, one last look down range, and start my one piece take away.

All my swings, I focused on an easy, in balanced swing. Tempo, timing, rhythm stuff.

Post shot routine was to walk back to my back, clean, and replace my club. Then pick another club to start the process over again.

Being these were well used range balls, ball flights, and distances were not real important, but several balls did land in my fairway, others just missing, while others took the scenic route. My driver had the fewest decent ball flights as expected.

It was 90 minutes well spent.

Played 18 yesterday followed by some swing work afterwards

Walked 9 yesterday afternoon and did some putting practice. Continued my hard ponder about Callaway Apex irons after a few really nice shots during my rounds this weekend.

I did some day time practice with some night time glo balls. Probably doing the same thing for the next three days.

I'm playing in a night time tourney Saturday night to benefit the local HS Golf Team. Thought I would see how these balls differ from a regular ball.

So far they seem a little short, and dispersion seems a bit hinky from what I'm use to. Putting feels a little funny. Not a big deal. Its all in fun.

One of the raffle prizes is a Vice Golf Bag. I could really use a new bag right now.

Played 18 and THPed.

Played 18

Went to a small course by my house and just hit wedges. I only brought my 4 wedges to work on shot placement and random yardages. After shanking two easy wedge shots Monday I wanted to make sure what I had done wrong On the course. After my bucket I went to the chipping area and tried to chip into a barrel from about 15 yards. I spent 30 minutes trying that shot and only bounced 1 in. Fun way to spend an evening working on the short game.

Lots of range time and then 9 holes. Seemed to work out. Grinding continues to keep the progress going

I played 18 today to kick off my vacation. Since I won’t be playing this weekend I needed to get some holes in today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walked 18 this morning.

Played 18 soggy holes at Slammer & Squire at WGV.

I went to the golf store and looked at some clothes, rolled a few putters.

Played 18, started prepping new driver shaft, THPed.

Driving range and then swing drills when I got home

I set some golf goals for the rest of the year.
I set some personal goals for activity both on THP and a bit of a transition to instagram from twitter.
Recorded an AWESOME podcast.
Found a 10 year old driver swing and want to bring a couple bits of it back into my swing today.

I tried a bunch of stuff and checked some numbers on monitor, played 9, bunch of THP, opened up a box of new clubs, and finished painting our cabinets because HOY's get to golf without complaint. :D

Got out and walked 9 holes after work today. A really nice round, and was striking my irons very well - especially those Callaway Apex 19’s from CPO (7i and 8i).

Walked 9 holes yesterday. I hadn't played in a couple weeks but my swing felt better than it has in quite a while. I've been fighting coming over the top and just tried to not have a lot of swing thoughts.

Had a range session while my wife had her lesson. My coach took her out on course so I had his whole set up and trackman to use. I did lots of wedges trying to hit different yardages. A great way to spend an hour outside!

Putting practice, loving the new adjustments

Played a course I’ve not played in 10 years and was shocked with the investment our local council have put into the course. It was easily equal to our home course and much better several others locally.

Booked to play at my home course this afternoon so we’ll see how that goes - if the thunderstorms stay away.

Back