What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Checked tracking #'s

Had my usual lesson today. I have been having a problem hitting some things right offthe hosel. It was not every time but very frustrating. He saw i was bent over too much at the hips and corrected my posture. Much better ball contact with all clubs! Practiced my pre shot routine to make sure i was getting the set up correct each time. Lots of putting practice today also. Plus my usual THP time!

Hit some balls into my backyard net and did some indoor putting practice.

Had a really good range session. Ran into @Blame Me . Had him hit my Cleveland Halo 4 iron. He was impressed!

Played 18, THP'd.

Golf lesson then kept practicing a while longer.

I played in another VGA tournament, this time at Renditions GC in Maryland. It’s a course of famous hole replicas. They moved us back to the tips for this one. I was kind of all over the place but I got to play Amen Corner and the TPC Sawgrass Island Green from 158.
79C5E98C-40BC-4B3C-8914-EB8AC073CD37.jpeg
BEA601DB-24C9-41B6-87FF-4BB4C39C913A.jpeg
BA64537D-C70C-464D-8E1B-FA4FAA9BFC80.jpeg

Installed a JumboMax UltraLite Str8 Tech grip on my driver, THP'd.

It'll be interesting to see if this larger grip quiets my hands down a little bit and maybe helps with my left miss. It's the medium size (+5/16"), not the Bryson monster sized grip.
I tried the SuperStroke Traxion grip on my driver, haaated it. Love their putter grips, but the driver grip was garbage. Felt plasticky, slippery and cheap.

Watched Charlie and Tiger, then THP.

Had dinner and drinks with my golf group; we meet once a month during the off season, and today was our first get together of the year.

Our most senior member made an appearance, he hasn't played with us for two years as his wife's health was not good. Apparently she passed a couple of weeks back, and you could see the sense of relief in his demeanour. We're all looking forward to having him back next year.

Golf league day. Which is always a great time. @Doubleb21 may have secured a new league an Albatross member today. Cool dude to play golf with. Looking forward to adding him to the THPer ranks.

I got to hang with a buddy and hear about his golf adventures over a beer. Win win overall!

walked 18...started out craptacularly but my playing partner suggested a friendly competition on the 3rd hole and voila, swing came back in line :ROFLMAO:

Watched the PNC while i was stripping out the silicone from the Master Shower and cleaning it, re siliconing ad touching up the edges around the glass too, Cleaned the guest bath sink drain, (the AC drain from he attic goes that way), put in a new Garbage disposal in the kitchen.....

Played 18 today. 2 loops on my regular 9 hole course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aft range session working on my wedges and some chipping.

Hit 42, 9 irons today. Got an itch, and took a break from the PNC.

First 14 were warm ups to the 100 yard flag. Everything was on line, but short. Expected this.

Next 14 were for accuracy to the 10' foot diameter practice green. Put 6 balls on the green, and the other 8 would've landed on a regular green.

The next 14 were for max distance. Swinging out of my shoes type stuff.

Everything went past the pin by 15-20 yards. Kind of happy about that with all the warm layers of clothes I was wearing.

Hit one really bad shot. A pull hook that wound up in the 10' foot deep, concrete drainage ditch, about 30 yards left of the pin.

Fortunately I'm still healthy enough to climb down, and out to retrieve balls out of said ditch.

THP, joined a club for a few months, hit a bunch of Mizuno, Titleist, and Srixon irons, watched the PNC, cleaned clubs, swapped driver shafts, and watched a couple YouTube videos.

Played 9 today. BRRRRRR is was cold. High 40's with a little wind. Put SS handwarmers to good use. Inaugural use of new SeeMore putter. So far so good. It's a change from my Odyssey mallet but shows promise.

Back