What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Played 18, THP'd.

Took advantage of the slightly warmer weather and hit some balls at the heated range.

I had my first lesson this year. No time like a December mid-60 degree day to get it in, right?

After watching the Good Good guys have a driver competition with Bryson I went into my garage to see how hard I could actually hit my driver. I normally have a SS of around 100 and ball speed mid to low 140s. I was shocked how fast I could actually swing. I got up to 110-112 and a ball speed in the mid to upper 160s. And I’m an overweight out of shape 51 year old with a messed up left knee I’m having surgery on 1-5. Bryson was right in that video. Work on swinging it fast and you will be surprised how fast you can actually swing.

And BTW I was hitting it relatively straight. My misses were around 15-18 yards off line with 1 that went off the planet. But most were within 10 yards online. That part surprised me the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my putter regripped. Spent a heck of a lot of time on THP

Super busy day today, thank goodness for THP! Letting all the stress from work float away lol

A bunch of 15-20 ft putts into my Putt Out trainer. I think I might’ve hit my 10,000 steps from all that practice.

Did some putting & booked a round of golf for Thursday in Mobile. If I’m traveling the clubs are coming.

Catching up on some THP!!

Worked on my takeaway as instructor still feels as though I’m pulling it inside a bit.

Packed up the clubs!!!

Stared longingly at my clubs wishing I could go play.

I also kept checking UPS tracking for an update on my irons that are coming.

Some THP and some Instagram golf pages.

Took the MP-18s to the range and was again reminded of the super-tight dispersion that I have with them. DG S300 shafts. It seems my swing likes heavier, stiffer irons (but my body? not so much).

Putting practice today. Lots of THP

Played 18 and had lunch at the course, THP'd.

Got swiped for the 5th time this week on the SWAG site: gotta keep trying!

Had a putting challenge with our son at home. It was a lot of fun. He's really good at putting too.

I went to the range today.

THP'ed, putted at home, swung my Orange Whip light speed swing stick

After a several months of dealing with “older parent” issues, i was able to get back to lessons. The plan is to get mysing a little longer and get my body in sync. Just trying to get rid of all the bad habits I developed after multiple surgeries. Went well. Felt good to disect all my problems and realize its not as bad as i thought.

Cleaned the clubs for the trip back home this morning.

I moved stacks of balls from one side of the room to the other. Kiddo school holiday party squashed a perfectly good tee time today.

Back