What is the best part of your game?

Probably three putt avoidance.

Iron play is probably where I'm most comfortable and punch a bit above what my index suggests.

Right now, for the first time in as long as I can remember, I am putting really well. Took 27 holes to get warmed up at Kinderlou, but in the past few trips to the course I have been putting really well for me. Certainly helped me scare 40 in 9 a couple of times in November.

Historically it’s been driver. The last two rounds it’s been my short game, boosted by partial wedge shots.

Lately it's been wedges

Ball striking with my irons. Has been that way all year. In the paraphrased words of Adam Rank, if I ever figure out the driver, I’m gonna be a menace.

Ballstriking. This June was the proof.

I "lost" my swing for almost 5 years following a protracted injury. But, it was never my swing, it was my setup. (Re)Found it again (finally!!!) in June and through 41 rounds since my average scores have dropped by a full 6 strokes.

Short-game is the same, ditto for putting. Ballstriking is the clear winner.

Ball in play off tee. Not as long as prior but usually quite accurate.

Don’t make me choose what part of my game I hate less, lol.

I'd say my fairway wood game is fairly strong. Love hitting the 5 and 7 woods.

I’d have to say long game. Particularly three wood.

Putting Screenshot_20231114_060916_Shot Scope.jpg

Statistically it’s been my short game but that’s more defined because I have a lot of short shots into the green and I’m pretty sure it is measured by proximity and that’s easier to get when you’re often times 20 yards out instead of 75.

Don’t make me choose what part of my game I hate less, lol.
You definitely have power in your swing. Id have to swing out of my shoes to match your speed.

Driver

You definitely have power in your swing. Id have to swing out of my shoes to match your speed.
I appreciate that, especially from you. I’d sure like to shave about 15 points off my handicap to get down there where you are!

I appreciate that, especially from you. I’d sure like to shave about 15 points off my handicap to get down there where you are!
Thanks! As long as you bring those fresh wedge groves to the range and practice green, strokes will be saved. Embrace the Vokey magic!

Chipping is my bread and butter. It saves many bad holes for me. Now a thick lie, good luck.

Driving and then lag putting.

I would say my short game is my strength, but I also almost always hit the ball solidly with my irons and wedges. It may not quite go where I want it to, but I'm usually pin high when I miss a green. Knowing your yardage with each club and being able to hit that distance consistently is also pretty important, so I would call that one of my strengths as well.

Strokes gained says it’s the short game. While I no longer put a lot of faith into SG, the short game does feel pretty consistent (this is of course relative to rest of my crappy game).

For a while I thought it was just a really long streak of good luck. Then I discovered the more I practiced pitching and chipping the luckier I became.;)

That I hit the ball further than most. On days that I am hitting it well. It hides the rest of my crap game pretty well.

I've always felt like irons were my best part, but recently maybe wedges.....other than out of a bunker LOL

Back