What is the best swing solution you have ever figured out - on your own?

I was laying the club off at the top badly. Getting the shaft pointing down the target line at the top has paid huge dividends for me this past year.

Feeling like I am pulling through the ball with my left arm, esp. with driver. Even when the shots weren't 100% solid, they were straight.

I pulled through with my left arm too. As a high capper, it has created solid shots. But, keep an eye on it as it led to chronic shoulder pain. If you play and practice a lot, I would not advise it.

Looks like a large amount of torso rotation and hip movement and left side body bow except for the guy without a club. What stands out in those pictures is extraneous side body bow. Notice how different the hands and head positions are in each picture.

If we did not know who they are one might perceive from these pictures that they are struggling with balance issues. No real fact based evidence to support hand dominance or forced hand training there at all.

Hard to know what these pictures represent with each individual golfer. We don't know what their swings are like unless we see them live or have live action videos at high speed frame rates.
Wow- you have bought in to observing everything about a player so much that you can’t see the most important parts. You saw everything except how each of these great players * dominant hands * CONTROL their lever system during their DS by keeping their dominant hands from throwing / releasing / hitting from the top . They display the epitome of - CONSERVATION of ANGULAR MOMENTUM which is the key to a great golf swing. If you can’t see and understand this then their is no hope for you to be come a better ball striker.- period.

Feeling like I am pulling through the ball with my left arm, esp. with driver. Even when the shots weren't 100% solid, they were straight.
Neanderthaleggs- your feeling is correct . The hands set up a sequence of events when you start by pulling down. However, your right hand is far dominant over your left and more conscious effort should be applied to it - NOT TO HIT OR THROW WITH , but to control your lever .

Wow- you have bought in to observing everything about a player so much that you can’t see the most important parts. You saw everything except how each of these great players * dominant hands * CONTROL their lever system during their DS by keeping their dominant hands from throwing / releasing / hitting from the top . They display the epitome of - CONSERVATION of ANGULAR MOMENTUM which is the key to a great golf swing. If you can’t see and understand this then their is no hope for you to be come a better ball striker.- period.
Yeah, I guess in your perception of my observation I know nothing. Still pics of a single moment in time basically indicates little to nothing about a golf swing and prove nothing. It is surprising you are still pushing that envelope.

I could make the statement, did you notice the massive amount of ground force those golfers in the pics were generating? Or I could state, notice how those golfers in the pics are locking their left legs in order to create an energy block to create a spring effect? Would any of these be true or false?

I could tell you that I hit a driver 320 and send you a still of my swing and you would have no way to know whether my statement is true or false. BTW, I also might be a very good ball striker for all you know. My understanding of your theories have nothing to do with whether I will be a become a better ball striker or better golfer.

BTW, have you taken any time to review Dr. Kwon's teaching that shows the key to a great golf swing? If you can't understand his teaching then there is no hope for you to become a better ball striker - period.

Yeah, I guess in your perception of my observation I know nothing. Still pics of a single moment in time basically indicates little to nothing about a golf swing and prove nothing. It is surprising you are still pushing that envelope.

I could make the statement, did you notice the massive amount of ground force those golfers in the pics were generating? Or I could state, notice how those golfers in the pics are locking their left legs in order to create an energy block to create a spring effect? Would any of these be true or false?

I could tell you that I hit a driver 320 and send you a still of my swing and you would have no way to know whether my statement is true or false. BTW, I also might be a very good ball striker for all you know. My understanding of your theories have nothing to do with whether I will be a become a better ball striker or better golfer.

BTW, have you taken any time to review Dr. Kwon's teaching that shows the key to a great golf swing? If you can't understand his teaching then there is no hope for you to become a better ball striker - period.
Trust me- I could immediately tell if you could hit it 250 yards , must less 320. Please try me ! BTW - I don’t pay any attention to the legs or lower body - just the lever they have in their dominant hands . Leverage is the only thing that matters to me- BC I understand the lower body will react / obey and position itself to accommodate the commands of its * dominant hands * and that applies to ALL humans .

Cortisone shot in my shoulder last month was best thing ever for my swing

Why lane? Why talk about the dominant hands in every thread? I think this thread is really cool. The average players talking about simple fixes that work for them and you continue to say the same things over and over again sucking in THP members into silly debates.

Why lane? Why talk about the dominant hands in every thread? I think this thread is really cool. The average players talking about simple fixes that work for them and you continue to say the same things over and over again sucking in THP members into silly debates.
Because he likes to piss others off. He thinks he knows something special - which may or may not have some tiny amount of truth to it (probably not) - and the more his opinions are disregarded the more desperate he becomes for some sort of validation which of course leads to his posts being ignored. It's a vicious cycle.

And damnit, he's not going to stop until those of us with lesser intelligence and higher handicaps start paying attention to him!

Seriously, just once I'd like to see a post from him that has 1) a hint of humility, and 2) something more in the way of a normal conversation and less of a talking down to others tone. It's a shame because in my experience the information from better players can often help those of us who are not that good.

Because he likes to piss others off. He thinks he knows something special - which may or may not have some tiny amount of truth to it (probably not) - and the more his opinions are disregarded the more desperate he becomes for some sort of validation which of course leads to his posts being ignored. It's a vicious cycle.

And damnit, he's not going to stop until those of us with lesser intelligence and higher handicaps start paying attention to him!

Seriously, just once I'd like to see a post from him that has 1) a hint of humility, and 2) something more in the way of a normal conversation and less of a talking down to others tone. It's a shame because in my experience the information from better players can often help those of us who are not that good.

I have found that most people that condescend toward others are usually insecure. It is always having to prove your right instead of having the maturity to realize you may not be, or at least treating others with respect even if you are right.

We have asked on numerous occasions that he share with us and not against us, but that is not possible for him for the desire is not there. He has probably done more damage to his truth than if he had never said the first thing about it. He has beaten the dominant hands thing until it has become rancid.

Meanwhile back to the topic of swing solutions...

Back on-topic...

I'm not sure it's can't-miss change, but I'm feeling pretty good about my backswing and how it leads to an in-to-out swing path. I'd have to describe it with feel because I have not taken video of any recent swings. Just by swinging in front of a mirror it looks like it promotes a better shoulder turn and my weight shift has never been so solid.

Oddly enough, it's contrary to what others describe how a take-away should be. There is more of a tilting of the shoulders going back which I've heard is not correct. It's interesting how certain moves work for some and not for others.

A return to a baseball feel type of swing.
No do this, no do that, etc.
Just reach back, get full back swing and let her rip.
Of course, this is after years of drilling different "moves" into the psyche.
I'm sure some of those "old" moves are ingrained into the baseball free flowing thought, but I really couldn't tell you what they are.

JonMai1- listening to me or not is your decision. No one is forcing you to . I expect these negative replies. I understand I am one tiny voice against today’s conventional golf instruction and I am used to it being rejected . I don’t deal in theory and opinion, only facts which don’t always suit many folks.
I just know what works and I don’t stray from my ideals. I base my thoughts on facts that have made me a better ball striker which I try to share with others searching for answers. I apologize if my thoughts offend anyone. Don’t mean for it to . Those few who have stopped to consider what I preach have seen amazing progress in their game.
I refuse to reply with snarky personal remarks. Name calling is not my game.
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy Christmas and may 2022 bring you nothing but pars and birdies !

Hard to explain but basically this:

Video is terrible quality but illustrates the breakthrough I had

Thanks for posting this. I have hit several balls thinking about this and it has really reduced the number of times I come over the top. It's almost a lift it outside, then it has to come down inside type feeling. The feeling is a loop that goes up out, down in. Really great tip anyway. I appreciate the share.

A return to a baseball feel type of swing.
No do this, no do that, etc.
Just reach back, get full back swing and let her rip.
Of course, this is after years of drilling different "moves" into the psyche.
I'm sure some of those "old" moves are ingrained into the baseball free flowing thought, but I really couldn't tell you what they are.
My youngest son in his late 30s has a baseball style swing and he can hit a nice drivel. I think his farthest is around 323 and in our east coast air that is a beauty. I know guys brag on hitting so much farther, but when pulling out the range finder I rarely see their balls actually go as far as they say they are.

I checked his driver swing speed one day with the LM and it was 115.9 and the thing is he doesn't even work on any type of speed training. Matter of fact, he doesn't play a lot of golf at all. It hardly looks like he is even swinging, but the ball is really getting out there.

Neanderthaleggs- your feeling is correct . The hands set up a sequence of events when you start by pulling down. However, your right hand is far dominant over your left and more conscious effort should be applied to it - NOT TO HIT OR THROW WITH , but to control your lever .
For some people this may be the case, but it is not 100% true for everyone, so to state it as a fact is incorrect

JonMai1- listening to me or not is your decision. No one is forcing you to . I expect these negative replies. I understand I am one tiny voice against today’s conventional golf instruction and I am used to it being rejected . I don’t deal in theory and opinion, only facts which don’t always suit many folks.
I just know what works and I don’t stray from my ideals. I base my thoughts on facts that have made me a better ball striker which I try to share with others searching for answers. I apologize if my thoughts offend anyone. Don’t mean for it to . Those few who have stopped to consider what I preach have seen amazing progress in their game.
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy Christmas and may 2022 bring you nothing but pars and birdies !
Merry Christmas to you, Lane.

You may not believe this, but I'd like nothing better than to see you post something relative to the topic instead of being preachy with your dominant hands theory. The OP asks what was the best swing solution you figured out on your own? It could be something you figured out as a kid... or recently... or whatever. What do you have for us? If it was the dominate hands, how did it change your game? The point is, you could add to these topics instead of derailing them.

I understand I am one tiny voice against today’s conventional golf instruction and I am used to it being rejected . I don’t deal in theory and opinion, only facts which don’t always suit many folks.
You constantly reply with snarky remark and state you don't? You must be jesting now.

Not only are you one tiny voice against today's conventional golf instruction, you are a tiny voice against the long list of the instruction of golf greats - Ben Hogan, Tiger Woods, Moe Norman, and on and on it goes. You constantly oppose what they teach with your non-factual theories and unless your game is on keel with theirs then what do you actually have to share with us other than some forum mental banter?

Even though we have asked you to present evidence based facts you post some still frame pics from time to time and some non-related videos that prove absolutely nothing. At least some other posters have backed up what they support. You have not given one shred of fact-based evidence that what you proclaim is the key to the swing. Some of us have stopped to study what you preach about the dominant hands and found it has come up wanting in many areas.

Straying from your ideals is one thing, but being open to others is another. If what you know works for you, fantastic! Go for it and enjoy the game and play the best golf you can play with your magic keys.

I digress again for derailing the subject at hand and that is what is the best swing solution...

Thanks for posting this. I have hit several balls thinking about this and it has really reduced the number of times I come over the top. It's almost a lift it outside, then it has to come down inside type feeling. The feeling is a loop that goes up out, down in. Really great tip anyway. I appreciate the share.
Right! When the move is done correctly it feels almost unnatural to come over the top on the downswing. It has helped me a ton. I try not to have ‘swing thoughts’ anymore. I’ve got myself into trouble with having too many now I really just focus on impact with little care on how I get there. But the one that remains is ‘up, out, and back’ to start.

I keep thinking about the best swing solution I have found and even though I have posted some, I still think there is not a one best that stands out to me as it is so ever changing. A number of them that have helped and some I have put back in the corner and forgot about. I wished there were just one best solution that I could come up with.

Right! When the move is done correctly it feels almost unnatural to come over the top on the downswing. It has helped me a ton. I try not to have ‘swing thoughts’ anymore. I’ve got myself into trouble with having too many now I really just focus on impact with little care on how I get there. But the one that remains is ‘up, out, and back’ to start.
I saw a video somewhere of something very similar. A guy simply held the club out from his body like a baseball bat and just leaned over and performed the same basic swing and it worked great having no added thoughts other than impact. It made it look so easy too.

Shorten my backswing, keep my hands low and push them out not up. Helps my consistency and strike location tremendously.

I keep thinking about the best swing solution I have found and even though I have posted some, I still think there is not a one best that stands out to me as it is so ever changing. A number of them that have helped and some I have put back in the corner and forgot about. I wished there were just one best solution that I could come up with.

Good point. I jot down so many thoughts and forget them or use them or forget them. Probably a good post for the 60 and over thread, lol. I am trying to simplify the swing in 2022. Maybe, a pre-swing of Dr Kwon's drills will work and then let er rip!

Back