What is the most difficult shot in golf?

The re-tee after the OB is deadly for me. I need to establish some sort of routine there to help me forget, reset and pull the trigger.

Short sided green side chip/pitch off a Tight lie always gets me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long long bunker splash shot with a 7i...impact has to be just the right place few inches behind the ball, and shallowish

In the sand, ball below my feet, and on the downslope. Fairway or greenside, I have no confidence (or the skill) to put the ball where I want in that situation.

Tequila. Always knocks me on my ass.

For me it is any tee shot on a par 3. Irons are the strength of my game (if I'm forced to claim a strength), but I screw up more par three tee shots than any one human should. There's just something about it that is firmly implanted in my head.

Sand...

I think the toughest single shot in golf is a long, 40 to 120 yds., bunker shot. The toughest shot, one we have every round, is the first putt on the first green. I don't like a 6 footer for birdie right off the get go (1st hole) and don't like 40 footers on the first green. I like a 20-23 footer for birdie, stroke it well and have it either go in or stop within 18 inches for an easy tap in to start the round. The first putt on the first green sets up the rest of the 17 holes and how you're gonna putt them.

What is the most difficult shot in golf?

Downhill tight lie over a bunker to a tucked close pin

Downhill tight lie over a bunker to a tucked close pin

Yeah that's a tough one. On a related note, the worst shot of your round is the shot that just put you there hahahaha

Any tee shot with a ball magnet, ie. a house in close proximity :banghead:

Anything that requires a draw.

Got to be a bunker shot onto a downhill green with very little green to work with

The hardest shot in golf I believe is hitting a dead straight shot with any club other than putter or wedges.

Downhill pressure putt that breaks aeay from you

Yeah that's a tough one. On a related note, the worst shot of your round is the shot that just put you there hahahaha

Hahahaha ha so true

Plugged bunker lie against a tall walled bunker, to a pin that is more that 25 yards away

<60 yard wedge shot with a hanging lie - add a bunker or water to really make it interesting.

I really struggle with down hill lies, Fat shots 9 out of 10 it feels like.

I really struggle with down hill lies, Fat shots 9 out of 10 it feels like.

Same here but I tend to hit them thin. I dread a downhill lie at this point.

Any shot that you are second guessing yourself and/or not committed to.

Back