What is the most difficult shot in golf?

For me it's short sided over a bunker down hill lie. No question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't this question depend on how good of a golfer you are? I'm sure we all have some shots that concern us (putting it nicely!!) For me it's a flop shot over a bunker with a tight pin, water on the far side. For me it can't get worse!!

A long par 3 over water that has no real bail out area. I'm talking the 273 yard 3rd at Mauna Kea or the 16th at Cypress Point. At my home course the toughest hole to par is the 206 yard par 3 over water or 216 yards if you prefer from the back tees. The bunker that guards the green is deep enough that you can't see the green if you are in it. The wind is normally off the right and quartering across hurting a bit so if the wind is up it plays about 10 yards longer. The rough over the green is US Open like most of the year. The first picture is the 3rd at Mauna Kea and the 2nd picture is the tough but lame in comparison 15th hole at my club.

photograph.php

attachment.php

Every shot until I hit a good tee shot is hard for me. Yes, I am a dreaded "feel" player but my swing is never comfortable for a round until I hit that first good tee shot. Then it cascades. Most rounds, I get one in the first couple of holes. But if I don't get it early on, it's going to either be a bad day where I never find it, or one of those really frustrating rounds where it finally clicks on the 16th hole and I'm thinking back to the 15 wasted holes prior.

Any drive off the tee. I cannot get off the tee with a driver in anything resembling a playable position. It's so in my head at the moment. So yeah my hardest shot in golf is a drive that goes in the fairway. Or near it.

I think I've answered but I'll say it again. The 30 to 70 yard bunker shot is so hard even when you know how to execute it.

I think I've answered but I'll say it again. The 30 to 70 yard bunker shot is so hard even when you know how to execute it.
I have to agree.

It's one of the few shots that's almost guaranteed to bring some sort of doubt into the equation every single time.

The downhill lie. Not the below your feet one but the one thats downhill in the forward direction. Of course if mixed with the other its then even worse :)

Absolutely !!!! My local course on this par 5 I always have a down hill lie on my 2nd shot with bout 240 to the green...If I could only get 10-20 more yards on my drive I would have a level lie..

Okay guys, now for us girls, par 5s are anything over 400 yds, so on most courses that means about 420 yds for most of them. And in the summer time out here the fairways are hard as rocks. And what happens to a ball when it hits a hard fairway? It bounces and rolls, right?

So the most difficult shot is this one: Par 5 420 yds - I've just crushed my driver and the ball landed in the fairway about 235 yds out and the ball rolls out to about 269 yds (my longest on Game Golf). This leaves about 151 yds. Under normal circumstances I might hit a 7 iron, but I know better and pull my 8 iron out to have the ball roll up onto the green. I have this shot planned out. I'm on in two for an eagle putt, right? Wrong. The ball happens to be near a sprinkler head and the ground is a little soft. I chunk this shot about 25 yds. with a foot long beaver tail. :banghead:

A very wet green side bunker with a downhill lie. Or any hard packed sand.

If you take putting out of the equation, anything that requires a low fade

Downhill lie (bunker or rough), to a green running steeply away, with water just behind the green.

+1 for any shot following a s***k

I'm saying a flop off of a tight lie.

Fairway bunker with anything other than a flat lie.

From 230 yards, off a bridge, off the fringe... to four feet.

I've seen it... I hated it... I imagine it's impossible to recreate.
The luck of the Irish. Never to be duplicated. Ever.

Downhill chip to a short sided pin.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

For me the most difficult shot is the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going with a downhill lie, green side to a short pin. There's one hole at my home course it seem like I always end up like that when the pin is on that side of the green. I pulled it off once to keep it within 2-3 feet, usually I end up 10'+.

An intentional fade with a short club, and an intentional draw with a long one, like a driver or a 3w. I can manufacture any shot and pull them off often enough, but for the life of me I can't hit these two kinds of shots. I fade the ball naturally, but if you ask me to fade one with a short iron intentionally, I can't.

The tee shot after being waved through, with the 4ball in front of you expectantly waiting and watching you....
Failing that, the first tee shot in front of a large group.

For me the tough shot is just off the green in high, thick rough. I usually drop a 56* from a steep angle on the back of the ball. Pretty much a crap shoot as to what happens.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Back