What Is Your Favorite Local Course?

I'll go with Queenstown Golf. 36 holes, two distinctively different layouts. Typical in good shape. Pace of play usually isn't to bad either.

I agree....My favorite in the area.....30 minutes depends on bridge traffic from Glen Burnie!!!!!!

I think I am going to go there tomorrow....Winter rates are the best!!!!

I agree....My favorite in the area.....30 minutes depends on bridge traffic from Glen Burnie!!!!!!

I think I am going to go there tomorrow....Winter rates are the best!!!!

So it's an hour and a half

Champions Golf Club, I guess (former Ryder Cup and Tour Championship location). There are better courses near me, but they're too exclusive for me to get on. Second would be Walden on Lake Conroe, but it's a hair out of the time restraint.

Champions Golf Club, I guess (former Ryder Cup and Tour Championship location). There are better courses near me, but they're too exclusive for me to get on. Second would be Walden on Lake Conroe, but it's a hair out of the time restraint.

When I was making regular business trips to Houston, an associate was a member at Champions, we played it often and it is a fantastic track. If there are better courses in the area, then they must be fantastic. I also played a Walden course a couple of times, it was Walden on Lake Houston. I also like the Tradition at Cypresswood.

It's about 35 minutes from my house, but my favorite local course is Wicomico Shores GC. It's public but usually in good shape and has great greens.

All it needs is zoysia fairways and it would be perfect.
The greens are amazing. Ronnie is one of the best superintendents in the state

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Yea, it would be super-incredible with zoysia over bermuda fairways. I just love the layout of it. Easy holes that are hard, and hard holes that can be easy with well placed shots. If you played it three days straight with different wind and pin placements, it can be three entirely different courses to play.

To each his own. Tons and tons of fairway bunkers thick rough and lots of water it is as challenging as anything around Kansas City without doubt

My comment was based on the pic you posted but if it has as much water and the rough is thick then it certainly changes things. I just prefer more trees on a course but if I ever got the chance to play the course in the future I will be sending you an invite to join me to prove me how wrong my initial impression was

Love the course, but boy it beats me up every time.

the first hole is my nemesis. I like playing the course but it puts up a challenge.

senecahickorystickBCheader.jpg

From my parents house I agree.

It's about 35 minutes from my house, but my favorite local course is Wicomico Shores GC. It's public but usually in good shape and has great greens.

i haven't played this course on over a decade, it was a fun track but back then I preferred Potomac ridge

That I've played? Eastlake Woodlands North. Innisbrook is probably around 30 minutes with no traffic, so Copperhead course there has got to be the best course within that distance.

What Is Your Favorite Local Course?

Considering you can't really leave Miami-Dade county in 30min with all the traffic, I would have to say Trump Doral (any of the 4 courses). The white pictured below used to be amazing until they sold it and starting building on it...

f055c2c5aa9c94695566208e580a2443.jpg

I get to play the Red Course ALOT

ed62cb206c46cbea9f84a84d43a415ae.jpg

Other courses of mention:

Turnberry Isle
Miami beach
Normandy Shores
Crandon park GC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me its Morgan Creek.

There is NO course within 30 minutes that really any "good"...but...if I had to pick ONE, it would be a toss up between our local Country Club (Stoneridge) or a small 9 hole country club 30 minutes away called Ellsworth County Club. Neither are good enough to write home about, as they say.

There's not any GREAT golf courses within a half hour of me. Lots of pretty good ones. I would probably go with my old home course. Buckhorn Springs CC. Fun layout that is always in excellent shape. If you widen it to 45 minutes or an hour there are some excellent ones.

I'd have to go with Wyncote in Oxford Pa. Closely followed by Pilgrims Oak and White Clay Creek. All of them are probably 40 minutes away normally - but I play early and can get there faster!

Baywood Greens down at the beach

Private : Crow Valley CC

Public: TPC Deere Run or Riverside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now I would say Ambiente or Wickenburg Ranch Golf and Social Club.
If you are within 30 min of Wickenburg Ranch, I recommend that you join - it is a great course!!

Within 30 min of me -

Private - Desert Forest GC.
Public - Troon North (36 holes, Pinnacle preferred over Monument).

Thirty minutes is tough for me. My favorite closest course is The Capital Hills at Albany.

Just outside of 30 minutes (like 40 minutes), you bring in Saratoga National and Ballston Spa Country Club (LOVE the front 9, LOATHE the back 9).

How about CC of Troy? I've heard pretty good things and can't be that far from you.

How about CC of Troy? I've heard pretty good things and can't be that far from you.
I could walk there (almost). I hear it's very nice, but yet, another place that I've only driven by.

I have played very few private clubs around the Albany area.

I would have to say Peek n Peak upper course

I would have to say Peek n Peak upper course
I like that course a lot. I've only played it once. I'd love another crack at it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I like that course a lot. I've only played it once. I'd love another crack at it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I've only played it a few times, tough to shell out $110 for a round. I wanted to play it this year but didn't get around to it, it's on my list for sure next year though.

I like old style courses that I can walk, so my two nominations are Rancho Park GC and Recreation Park.

Rancho Park GC has some tour history, is compact, and walkable. It's a busy muni in the heart of L.A., but I do enjoy going around: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rancho_Park_Golf_Course

Recreation Park GC in Long Beach also has history, some quirks that come along with an old layout, and is a hoot to play: http://www.cityoflongbeachgolf.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=62

Back