What is your first indication that you have joined the group from hell?

I guess, anger, and the related club throwing frequent yelling of common swear words. Now, I swear, my kids swear, my wife had even started to swear (so my work here is done), but I don't yell f**k after every shot, and I mean yell it. I don't throw clubs side arm into my bag/cart/generally at all with such speed that a deaf guy can hear the woosh as it goes by (I am the deaf guy in question).

That said, in my new home city of Charleston, I don't get a lot of the above, but did in the DC area. Here I get one guy about every 3 or 4 rounds who will hit a bad shot, say f**k, then move on, he won't slow us down and will laugh as the round goes on. I find this slightly amusing.

Side note, as I have been told that here any pond that is more than 3 or so feet deep has gators in it regardless of whether or not you have ever seen them, I am eager to see someone plant a cart in a pond just to see what happens.

Walk up to see "The Pro's from Dover..." Logo's everywhere as if they crashed into the Taylor Made display while covered in Super Glue.

$300 shoes, $1200 Irons, Brand new $800 driver (custom shaft), $200 slacks, $125 TM Polos, 2 Boxes of ProV's on the dashboard (each).

Then proceed to shank 2 off the tee and lose 7 balls in 4 holes. Which explains the 2 boxes of ProV's...

And they actually believe they have a shot at the Cart Girl.

When the 3some comes to the first tee all wearing Joggers. Then I know its going to be a round of hell.

Casual Joggers GIF by Gym+Coffee

The guys who insist they want to play the back tees who have no business doing so.

I got paired with 3 guys last Wednesday and 2 were great (they were friends). The other guy that the ranger made me get into his cart started giving everyone swing tips about hole 2 and telling us where to land our shots (this part I didn't mind because he was a member and knew the course), but I hate when people I don't know start trying to give me swing advice, especially when they are a worse golfer than I am. Lastly he was making comments about the other two guys when they would mess up. I knew at the first swing tip he gave one of the other guys on hole 2, I was not going to enjoy my round with him.

When the 3some comes to the first tee all wearing Joggers. Then I know its going to be a round of hell.

Now that is a get off my lawn judgment 🤣

Starts bragging about their golf accomplishments the first holes especially after bad shots. You know they are gonna give unsolicited advice all round.
Unsolicited advice is annoying.

Not that anyone is judging a book by it's cover here. lmao

The guys who insist they want to play the back tees who have no business doing so.
Eh, just let them do it, play the tees you want, then laugh at them. Maybe even point and laugh.

If they call me "bruh" or "chief" before we even hit a shot.

if they brag about how expensive a certain club or clubs in their bag are before even hitting a shot.

$300 shoes, $1200 Irons, Brand new $800 driver (custom shaft), $200 slacks, $125 TM Polos, 2 Boxes of ProV's on the dashboard (each).

Then proceed to shank 2 off the tee and lose 7 balls in 4 holes. Which explains the 2 boxes of ProV's...
This; All the Gear - No Idea

true story, pulled up to first tee one time on a hot july day and guy is taking plastics off irons on the tee box. Says my wife got these for me for Christmas and havent had a chance to use them yet (7 months later). He had very high expectations for that long of a layoff........

They yell at me for asking about playing music. 😜
Quiet music is no problem, but if I can hear it when teeing off, that is a problem.

I notice little things first. Things like not repairing damage others cause, like divots, and ball marks. Mistreating their equipment after a poor shot is another clue.

Heavy drinking of alcohol comes to mind, which causes other dumb behavioral issues. I laugh at a lot of the dumb stuff others do.

Fortunately this doesn't happen very often. 99% of the folks I get paired with are decent people. Most are out there for the same reason I am. Fun, and adventure.

I have very few people that bother me. Most people are great.

However, when I pulled up to the tee box to watch a one of my foursome whiff the ball on the first tee and then his buddy give 5 minutes of instruction, I knew it was going to be a LONG day. Unfortunately, there was nowhere else to go.

First swing….

…. Hey you may want to pay attention to your trail arm there…

Three 6 Mafia on their boom box.

Back