What Loft Is Your Driver?

10.5* tuned down to 9.5* with the setting to draw to square the face. Set up by Garrett at ECPC during the grandaddy.

12° & 9.5°. Using a launch monitor I chose these two. The 12° gives me more carry in the softer months and a touch more accuracy. The 9.5° gives longer total distance when conditions permit.

10,5. I have not been fit for it. I will experiment with some lower loft when the spring comes and also try it in "draw mode"

running the bio cell+ at 9.5 degrees. No real reason why I started there, just a comfortable loft I guess. Got on a monitor later and seemingly got lucky in choosing to stay at 9.5. I feel like I hit it too high most of the time but no way I'm dropping to 8.5 degrees loft...just feels uncomfortable to me. I have my handcrafted to drop in there in place of the red tie once The Day After Tomorrow ends down here. I think that will bring the flight down a little but I am honesty not even sure if that will be a good thing or not.

10.5° head per recommendation from a fitter. Have tried different loft settings but seems stock 10.5° gives me the most consistent results.

I'm playing my Bertha 815 at 10.5* because, although I was not fitted for it, I did get better numbers with it coupled with Rogue 60R shaft. I played TaylorMade SLDR-S prior to that at 12* and was fitted for that one. Prior to that it was Titleist 913 D3 at 10.5* fitted.

10.5 turned down to 9.5. No real reason for choosing 10.5 other than that's what was comfortable at the time.

10.5 stock loft. I was fit for the driver. The shaft and loft combo gave me optimal launch and spin numbers. Carry distance improved tremendously.

Set @ 9.5.
Arrived at that on Launch Monitor data and proof checking on course.
If I am playing in wet conditions I will jack it up for more possible carry.
Nice features in modern drivers.

Good question

I actually carry two drivers. The one I use most is a 14 degree 44" driver. I'm consistently more accurate with this driver and only loose about 5 yds. off the tee. This is also used for long approach shots to par 5's off the turf in place of a 3 wood. I also carry a 10.5 degree 45" driver for hitting into the wind and in conditions where I need, and can get, a lot of roll.

I know this is a fairly strange set-up, but my experience is that the more accurate I am, even while losing a bit of distance, the better I score.

Later,

John

10.5 on my 910D2 as determined by the shaft fitter which gives good launch and carry

10. Used to play 10.5 and tried stepping down to 9.5 and didn't really see any improvement. Fitter put me in a 10 for my new club.

8.5 i got fitted by my local pro with a launch monitor.

9.5. I have adjusted this based on ball flight and best results. Started at 10.5 and have gradually lowered to where it is now; might even consider going to 9 based on my current flight for a well hit ball.

I'm playing 12* right now. Been working on getting my launch angle up so for now this is helping me. I'll likely go back down to 11or 10.5 next year

I'm currently playing with a 10.5° and have not been fitted. But I'm learning more and more each day from this site and plan on getting fitted for my next driver.

9*.

I was fit into a 9*, and I've played with the adjustable loft since then. Have played at 10* and 11*, and the ball seemed to balloon. 8* seemed to never get off of the ground, but I think that was a mental block.

No fitting, I tried every setting and 9* gave me the most consistent distance.

10.5* - it's what I was fit for in the head I have.

10.5, I am typically a low ball hitter. I wasn't fitted for it but I like the ball flight with my current swing.

10* with stock shaft. Sometimes dial down to 9.4* if windy.
Fitted at a local Pro-shop.

9.5 stock shaft. I feel with the way I hit up on the ball I could even go to a 9. Fitted by my local pro.

15*. Sick flight and more carry.

What loft are you playing your driver at?
Why/How did you choose that loft?

Meaning was it a fitting thing, did you just see a ball flight you liked or is it a number you just happen to be comfortable with?
I was fitted by the local TM rep. 9.5* after getting on the launch monitor and trying different shafts and lofts. I also tried a couple of different manufacturer driver heads as well and had the TM tie for distance and and had better accuracy. I have in the past, just purchased a driver with just hitting it a few times sans a launch monitor.

Back